Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to Eircom wifi

• 18-05-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Apologies first of all, I'm not the most tech savvy. I purchased a new mobile phone for my brother and he has spent a fortune on credit as he uses the internet on the phone quiet alot. I've heard that it is possible to use wifi on my eircom router to use internet on the mobile phone. Can anyone explain if this is actually possible and how to do it.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Well the phone must be WiFi enabled to connect to a WiFi connection(your eircom router)

If the phones new enough it prob has WiFi already and if so, its purely down to setting it up a network connection on the phone... So if your router is already broadcasting a wifi signal, just switch wifi on the phone on and configure it accordingly to connect to your network and that should be it... Most phones have network wizards so they do all the configuring for you

But yeah, once your router is broadcasting a signal and the phone is widi enabled, it should be pretty straight forward

Advertisement