Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highlights of the year

Options
  • 18-05-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

What were your highlights of the past year? Can be anything, something from a lecture, rag week, clubs/societies etc.
    To get the ball running, passing my exams at christmas, coming in as a first year i just really feared what was in store with exams, it gave a real boost thar i knew at least i wouldn't be doing any repeat xmas exams in August. Other highlights, lectures by Neil Robinson/ David Fleming and Luke Ashworth were fun to be in. History society was a big plus too. The vents happening around the campus during charity week were a joy too, the bucking bronco was too hard to resist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Nice idea for a thread OP :)

Well getting INTO 2nd year was a big one :P

Deciding on my elective and picking physics over chemistry (which I was always gonna do, but it feels great when you click that box in week 5 to pre-reg! :D)

Finding out that nobody in my course failed teaching practice (the only teaching degree that can make such a claim this year ;))

Becoming better friends with people I was friends with all along, but now we're close!

Having modules that I liked!

Hermitage Green every 2nd Tuesday courtesy of Javas!

Aims for next year? NO REPEATS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fraher91

Thanks, one other highlight was discovering the venus labs early on, at first i thought i could only access computers in the library, so that was a relief. Checked my e-mail today, president barry sent me an invite to his party, very nice of him :P. Also in the process of completing an essay for the History Studies Journal, so still much to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Study abroad in Canada in 1st Semester. So many friends made, best experience of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

For the first time in 5 and half years in UL .......

I did the fountain challenge!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Feels like a weight off of my shoulders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

DJCR wrote: »
    For the first time in 5 and half years in UL .......

I did the fountain challenge!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Feels like a weight off of my shoulders!!

Fountain Challenge???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Fountain Challenge???
    think about it..pretty obvious;)

my highlight is defo election week, great craic.

Also going to trooms dressed as a rubberbandit for halloween and running into the genuine articles.....sound bunch of lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Definitely getting to know more people in my course was a huge plus, other than that. DJ-ing at the Halloween ball, the Mystery Tour and in the courtyard during election week was an unbelievable experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

When the ball was being kicked around in the SU courtyard during rag week and then someone kicked it a bit too hard sending it over the roof.

Then all you hear is a person yell at them "YOU RUINED RAG WEEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

RAG week in general, but especially the guy with the running commentary on what was going on in the Stables Courtyard, around where the mechanical bull was!
    Stanley Van der Ziel's lectures were brilliant. Especially the second last one. 'Make sure to put a counter-weight on the window, especially when you're pissing out of it'.
    Class Reps training weekend was pretty legendary too...Blazers in Longford is SOME spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Only regret not going on the mystery tours and the banquet to Bunratty. Somethings to rectify next semester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Highlights of the year included our fyp party, the dalai lama and the elections (even if i didn't get the results i wanted)

Advertisement