Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

public patient charges, Mater hospital

Options
  • 18-05-2011 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am having minor surgery in the Mater Hospital and I am a public patient. I was referred by my GP in October and my appointment for the surgery is in June. My GP told me it would be free as he was referring me but the hospital has told me that it will cost me 95euro. Anyone know who is right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Possible the charge for your bed? The surgery would be free, but the bed is not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Oh right that makes sense.. but I wont be staying over it will be day surgery..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Still using a bed...

I remember my partners mother went into the Bons Secours for day surgery and was charged nearly 900 for a day bed... she was private and had insurance thankfully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

That's extreme isnt it? Yeah that's fine I just wanted to double check because I thought I was being charged as a private patient because I am being charged 95euro and my GP never mentioned any costs involved as he said it would be free.

Advertisement