Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't pair any sensor/feyfob?? PowerMax +

Options
  • 18-05-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello there!
    Newbie here, I have done some research on my problem and have not found anything related so know I ask the professionals of this forum.... So here it goes:

I have a Visonic PowerMax + that was working great until a recent break in, I found the alarm on the floor, re-installed it and found it was all working except that it now does not dial out. Since I didn't want to leave my house unsupervised I bought a used panel but this one is a diferent model (don't know the model, the label is gone. attached is a picture of the one i bought and the old one I use to have) the person who sold me the panel (Ebay) says he had the panel working with the same type of sensors that I have with my PowerMax +, but I cannot get any of the sensors/feyfobs to pair with the panel. I can get the panel to ask for the sensors to transmit but when I go ahead and transmit nothing happens.Visonic that I just bought and won't pair.jpg

POWERMAXPLUS, now busted.jpg

Is it possible that the panels run on different frequencies? Or do the sensors have a memory that I need to wipe out before pairing with a new panel??

Any ideas will help a lot

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

raulsk8 wrote: »
    Hello there!
    Newbie here, I have done some research on my problem and have not found anything related so know I ask the professionals of this forum.... So here it goes:

I have a Visonic PowerMax + that was working great until a recent break in, I found the alarm on the floor, re-installed it and found it was all working except that it now does not dial out. Since I didn't want to leave my house unsupervised I bought a used panel but this one is a diferent model (don't know the model, the label is gone. attached is a picture of the one i bought and the old one I use to have) the person who sold me the panel (Ebay) says he had the panel working with the same type of sensors that I have with my PowerMax +, but I cannot get any of the sensors/feyfobs to pair with the panel. I can get the panel to ask for the sensors to transmit but when I go ahead and transmit nothing happens.Visonic that I just bought and won't pair.jpg

POWERMAXPLUS, now busted.jpg

Is it possible that the panels run on different frequencies? Or do the sensors have a memory that I need to wipe out before pairing with a new panel??

Any ideas will help a lot

Thank you!!

You are correct in saying they wont work. You will need to check the frequency of the sensors and buy a new panel to match them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raulsk8

Thanks for the fast reply.

I only bought the panel because the seller specifically noted on the auction that the panel works with the same sensors that I have with my busted panel.

Not the answer that I was hoping for (LOL) but thanks!!

If anyone else has a suggestion or experience please post (Thanks altor, not trying to diss you or anything, just trying to keep my hopes up).

Thanks again!

That is no problem but I have come across this problem with people buying the components off the Visonic system from another country. There are different frequency's and codes for the different country's that this panel is used in. If you do buy the another panel you will have to check if they are compatible for them to work.
    I would suggest taking the code off the sensors you have and sending them to Visonic who will give you an answer as to what pacific control panel you will need for the sensors you have.

Actually I bought both alarms in the US and crossed them over to Juarez, Mexico.... But your suggestion is indeed the next step.

One more thing though, does anyone know what model is the alarm?? (picture attached). This will definitely help in resolving this issue.

Thanks again!!

It is a power max +. It is the newer design of the panel.

• Advertisement

You'the man!!

Thanks!!

You'the man!!

Thanks!!

Your welcome, let us know what the out come is :)

Just wanted to thank you guys for the help and to let you know that I contacted Visonic and sent them a picture of the used panel I bought...

Turns out that it is indeed made by Visonic, but it is the Abbra Wireless Home Security by Next alarm, so basically I cannot use it with my Visonic PowerMax + sensors/keyfobs. :(

Thank you all for your time!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. If you need anything more you know where we are.

Just wanted to thank you guys for the help and to let you know that I contacted Visonic and sent them a picture of the used panel I bought...

Turns out that it is indeed made by Visonic, but it is the Abbra Wireless Home Security by Next alarm, so basically I cannot use it with my Visonic PowerMax + sensors/keyfobs. :(

Thank you all for your time!

Thanks for getting back to us raulsk8, always happy to help. I hope they give you info of the panel you need to work with your sensors as this will work out cheaper than replacing the whole system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement