Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile Coverage

Options
  • 18-05-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Is there a 'cooling off period' on a Sim only 30 day plan?

So far my service has been terrible. The coverage has been poor and internet coverage extremely bad (see http://yfrog.com/gz7koxjj).

I live close to a main town in the middle of a housing estate where coverage has never been an issue before but at the rate things are going I am not going to last a week on emobile.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Good god, 32 seconds ping?! That's incredible!
    I know with Meteor, if you port away from a 30 day contract you'll only pay for the days you have used. I'd imagine eMobile should be the same.

If you port away tomorrow to another network, they should just hit you pro-rata with however many days you've been on eMobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Yes and it has been consistently like that. I called support and all they could say was that I was not in a 3G area.

Also they "don't support the iPhone" (their words) so you need to get googling to find out a bunch of other stuff.

I have to call people back on my landline and the service disappears completely sometimes. Even if I lose the cost of 1 months contract I am going to have to move back to O2 or on to another network in the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Well you'll have to rule out Meteor since eMobile actually use the Meteor network.

Always a good idea to pick up a free pay as you go SIM before you switch networks to gauge coverage. Could be worse - you could be stuck in an 18 month contract :)

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

fergalfrog wrote: »
    Yes and it has been consistently like that. I called support and all they could say was that I was not in a 3G area.

Also they "don't support the iPhone" (their words) so you need to get googling to find out a bunch of other stuff.

I have to call people back on my landline and the service disappears completely sometimes. Even if I lose the cost of 1 months contract I am going to have to move back to O2 or on to another network in the next few days.

Hi Fergal,

Could you PM me your number please?

Also just to clarify the above statement about the iPhone... I would note that our network will support the iPhone however since we don't actually retail the handset we would not be in a position to offer full technical support in the case of any issues with the phone.

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

PM was sent on 20/05/2011 09:08 and details had been provided earlier on in the week anyway. No reply was recieved because I think nothing could have been done anyway.

I lasted less than a week on emobile - the coverage was very poor and 3G was not existent. In fact despite travelling around I only once got 3G and ironically that was on the border with Northern Ireland.

I wanted emobile to work as the rates were good for what I need. However it doesn't matter what the rates are like if people can't hear you.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi Fergal,

I responded through Twitter to you in relation to this also.

-Steve

Advertisement