Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions on the (Navan) Nightrider provided by Bus Eireann

Options
  • 18-05-2011 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I live in Navan and I'm going to college in Dublin starting next September and was curious about the service just had a few questions about the service and people's experiences with it.

Firstly would i be correct in saying the 109 route is the only form of public transport from Dublin to Navan and return?

Secondly how close to on time does this schedule run? Does it more or less arrive and leave on the dot? Is it often late? If it arrives early will it leave early? (I dont really want to be left in Dublin with the only way home a taxi at 50quid min)

Thirdly, where would i be able to buy a ticket for it? Is it only busaras? The buseireann website is saying you cant buy online so is that the only way to go? What about going Navan->Dublin then?

Finally, Is the pickup from Busaras particularly safe? How are the crowd that are on the bus? Are the bus drivers good natured or do they have a habit of being awkward and unhelpful? Thanks in advance for any answers and i hope somebody else in the same situation will benefit from answers too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Lightness wrote: »
    I live in Navan and I'm going to college in Dublin starting next September and was curious about the service just had a few questions about the service and people's experiences with it.

Firstly would i be correct in saying the 109 route is the only form of public transport from Dublin to Navan and return?

Secondly how close to on time does this schedule run? Does it more or less arrive and leave on the dot? Is it often late? If it arrives early will it leave early? (I dont really want to be left in Dublin with the only way home a taxi at 50quid min)

Thirdly, where would i be able to buy a ticket for it? Is it only busaras? The buseireann website is saying you cant buy online so is that the only way to go? What about going Navan->Dublin then?

Finally, Is the pickup from Busaras particularly safe? How are the crowd that are on the bus? Are the bus drivers good natured or do they have a habit of being awkward and unhelpful? Thanks in advance for any answers and i hope somebody else in the same situation will benefit from answers too.

If it's a designated stop in the timetable the bus can't leave any earlier than the time shown, even if it gets in early. The only problem area here is if the stop is a request one, where there is no given time, but this wouldn't be the case for Busáras. You can buy a ticket from the driver on the bus.

Busáras is a reasonably safe place to wait around, don't forget Store St. Garda station is just across the road. Main problem in my experience is people begging for change at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lightness

Thank you very much, I'll keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cavancola73

Yeah i have used the nightrider a few times and its grand, you just have to remember to wake up or you'll miss your stop if you have a few drinks on ya.

the bus picks up on o'connell street at 12.30 and 3.30am and is relatively safe, well in my experience.

Advertisement