Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little scared/clueless moving in July

Options
  • 18-05-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    I dont know if any of you guys rememeber my older posts on here but its been a long and very cold one in Eastwall and the contract we have is finally coming to an end(july) in the house we are in for the past year, and me and my housemate are going our separate ways when it ends, still very good friends thank god! Although that landlord('s) and contract put a serious strain on our friendship!

Now for some reason I have a panic on me for where to live and who to share with, been looking on daft.ie and there really seems to be nothing good up, just the usual holes with 'RECENTLY RENOVATED' which we all know that means its never happened or was done 10 years ago lol.

Been wanting to move into an apartment with maybe 2 other people but I never seem to see them anywhere to rent. And since I work in the city centre but not from dublin I think I need a little hand on where to look so I dont be spending loads on taxis home if I decide to go for a pint on a friday after work an all that.

My budget is MAX €450 and would love an ensuite too but seems slim pickings, anyone else finding this?
    Stupid question but why are rents so high and completely not worth the price! I know I am in the city centre but its dublin...

Sorry I just have a worry on me at the moment and I think I'm ranting on here.....

P.S. actually what do you guys think of one bed studio/flats for €500 around the city? Worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Firstly check out easyroommate.ie

Great site. You fallout a profile as to whom you want to live with, where etc and it matches you up. I found my flatmates through it and they are bang on most of the time haha

As for bedsits........if you get a good one for 500 then your very lucky. If I were you I would look outside the city centre but adjacent to Luas or bus
    Corridor and your chances of getting an en suite will greatly improve.

Good luck

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks for that frag!
    Sorry for the messy topic earlier, just seemed to have a panic attack over moving out with new people after living with friend for the past two years, i have clamed down now and had a look on that site you put up, signed up and will give it a go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Joey.G

Thanks for that frag!
    Sorry for the messy topic earlier, just seemed to have a panic attack over moving out with new people after living with friend for the past two years, i have clamed down now and had a look on that site you put up, signed up and will give it a go!!!

Hi. Let us know how it goes.
    I might need to use that website as well in a couple of months, so, give us your feedback ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You could try the 'accommodation sharing' search on daft. I've used it a lot over the past few years and it's worked well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Joey.G

never saw that option there. gotta pay more attention to their website then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So i signed up to that roommate site, its a little confusing but will get used to it, I did get an email from one person re a room they have for rent, sent a mail back yesterday to them but have heard nothing back, prob cause i'm looking to move in july and they want someone now i guess. Good start for the site for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 The Good Agent

First of all, while I understand any form of moving is stressful, don't panic (if possible). Panicking is not a mood to be in when looking for a new home.

With the way the property market is these days, there are great deals to be got around Dublin city. While you might not get a room right in the center of town on your budget, there are other options. Others have stated it already, but once you are on or near the Luas line, you are never far from the city centre.

As 'convert' has stated, accomodation sharing on Daft.ie is a great place to find a room, if your open to living with new people. I recently found my own residency through it, and its working out great (so far:))

Try having a look at myhome.ie also as there are plenty of residencies there that might not appear on Daft.

I'm only recently living in Dublin so cant really offer too much advice on certain areas to live. However, if you view http://www.luas.ie/ and have a look at the different villages and areas around each stop, you will be able to get a good idea of what is a suitable area. Also, if you find somewhere that seems good, come back to us and I'm sure someone will be able to offer an opinion on said place.

Finally, my biggest piece of advise would be, try to stay calm. Its currently a renters/buyers market out there. Landlords are looking at the phone praying for people such as yourself to call. So wait, find the place thats right for you and then go have a look. Maybe even haggle a small bit;) off the rent.

Best of luck finding your new accommodation.

www.thegoodagent.ie

Advertisement