Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling completely bummed out

Options
  • 18-05-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unreg for this one.

I've recently taken up a sport and I'm finding it reasonably enjoyable. However occasionally I was getting a funny feeling in my chest, kind of like a fluttering feeling or something. I've noticed this happening several years ago when exercising and it would be a case that it might occur two or three times in the space of about 2 weeks then not occur for months.

Went to the doctor before Christmas and he did some blood tests and checked me out and said my cholesterol was high and needed to come down.

I was fine for months then over the last week and a half, the same fluttery feeling came back. But it was the same as before, it would happen once, last a few seconds then stop and wouldn't bother me again until I was exercising the next time.

It happened again last night and I got paranoid so I went to see a different doctor today (my normal GP is in my home town and I didn't want to wait to go see him). The doctor this evening said the same thing about getting my weight down and cholesterol. However what has bummed me out is a letter he gave me saying if it happens again, go straight to the hospital give them the letter and get them to do an ECG and some blood tests.

I don't know why but this has completely bummed me out. I mean seriously. He gave me a prescription for Xanax as I might be suffering from anxiety but as I was waiting in the chemist I felt so down. Even driving home I just felt completely down about it all. I should be having dinner but I've just completely lost my appetite and I'm sitting here on my own feeling so down about everything.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way, perhaps I feel not eating right and being overweight has somehow damaged me. I feel like I've ruined everything :(

Has anyone else felt this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

not allowed give medical advice here but if I was you I'd insist on getting a stress test done just to put my mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've made an appointment with my normal doctor for next week so I'm going to go talk to him about it again and tell him what the other doctor said last night. If I have to get those tests done, I'd rather do it at home. I was thinking a stress test might be a good ideal alright as the only time this occurrs us for a few seconds when exercising and even the it's a couple of times in the space of a week or two then nothing for months

Advertisement