Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Auto problem

Options
  • 18-05-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

My Brno .22 has started doing strange things. It is a semi automatic but every so often it will fire two shots with one pull of the trigger and then I will get a stovepipe.

This happens at least once every 5 - 10 shots.

I have cleaned it and it looks clean, I can't see a build up of dirt anywhere.

Anyone any ideas on what is going wrong? Is there something simple that I am missing? If it was something simple I would try and fix it myself. Other than that, it's a trip to the gunsmith.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi,

My Brno .22 has started doing strange things. It is a semi automatic but every so often it will fire two shots with one pull of the trigger and then I will get a stovepipe.

Anyone any ideas on what is going wrong? Is there something simple that I am missing? If it was something simple I would try and fix it myself. Other than that, it's a trip to the gunsmith.

Thanks.
    The trigger sear sounds damaged.
    Gunsmith required

dangerous as you can't depend on safety!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Hi,

Thanks.

Tacs right, its a gunsmith job. Either theres somethin broken/worn or the trigger was modified

Out of curosity, you buy the gun new or secondhand ? have you ever modified the trigger yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 HugeCheapskate

It's a second hand gun that I got off my Dad. I very much doubt that anything was ever done with the trigger, he just used it to shoot rabbits.

Looks like a trip to the gunsmith so.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sounds like the sear/disconnector is starting to give trouble or is wearing out."doubling"[IE two shots with one trigger pull] is the first sign of that.
    Deffo a gunsmith job.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Yep
    Sounds like a worn sear, Gun Smith job.
    Definately a safety concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The gun must have done some work for that problem to develop. Get it sorted and get some more enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

maybe a headspace issue?
    I think a rimfire may go full auto if there is excessive headspace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

harmoniums wrote: »
    maybe a headspace issue?
    I think a rimfire may go full auto if there is excessive headspace

It's normally the sear worn from over use and under cleaning. .22lr being a dirty bugger especially in CZ S/A

I know of several CZ's semi's that would empty a clip with one pul of trigger, and could also fire if dropped:eek:

They went to that firearm heaven in the sky, via an angle grinder :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

It's a sear issue, my 10/22 used to do the same. I had a 25 shot mag on it one day and emptied the lot in one go, very scary!!
    Get the gun to a good Gunsmith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"Rockn roll" is Fun,but not accidently!:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement