Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium

Options
  • 18-05-2011 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Has anyone been to the aquarium in salthill? What is it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

High Hopes wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the aquarium in salthill? What is it like?

Havent been there in about a year but I loved it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 High Hopes

is there much things to see? Ive never been to one. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I went with my son last year and let's just say, disappointed isn't the proper word :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I think it's overpriced for what it is. You'll be in and out in half an hour, an hour if you really pace yourself...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was there twice since January. I love it and can spend ages in there. The second time we were there for feeding time and the small lad really enjoyed all the splashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I like it. It has fish, and big tank full of water. It is fun and educational.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'm 24 with no kids and i loved it. Im a big kid at heart though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

herself and her sisters went a while back and they had a very good time. apparently you can handle the starfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If you've never been to an aquarium before than you'd probably enjoy it. But it pales in comparison to most I've seen elsewhere...even in places that were smaller than Galway...kind of like the museum in Galway, it's so disappointing, a museum has so much potential here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

A bit like Wompa1 said; If you were never in one before you will like it. I thought it was interesting. Maybe we don't have the climate/money to have all really nice attractions for an aquarium. Kids will love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

We liked it so much we bought a yearly pass for our 2 kids, great for rainy days in galway (well used :) )

Advertisement