Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eircom NG 250 Gig Limit

• 18-05-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I've called 1800 503303 twice and been given two different answers to this question .......

If I have NG Eircom broadband and I exceed my 250 gig limit, what will I be charged ?

Reply #1 ..... Nothing ... there is never a surcharge.

Reply #2 ..... €2 per Gig up to a maximum of €70 (No matter how much you download)

So, can someone tell me, which if any of the above is correct ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

would also like to know this

im on 24mb ngb and i can easilly come close to 250gb each month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

eirman wrote: »
    I've called 1800 503303 twice and been given two different answers to this question .......

If I have NG Eircom broadband and I exceed my 250 gig limit, what will I be charged ?

Reply #2 ..... €2 per Gig up to a maximum of €70 (No matter how much you download)

Thats incorrect info.

It is up to a maximum on 50 euro charged (including the price of the broadband) for going over the 250 Gb limit. Since the price of the broadband is more then that you cannot be charged for it.

as far as I am aware they will send you out letters asking you to cut back up to the point where they may disconnect you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭java

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

So judging by the reply from poisonedstream it would appear that reply #1 was correct i.e. no charge!

So, can anyone else confirm this.
    .... Anything on eircom.net?

Also, anyone any idea what the "warning letter" trigger level level is?
    300 gig 400 gig or what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I would say that if you regularly exceed 250GB per month they will eventually send you a notice, and possibly also a UPC application pack.

The impression I get is that Eircom really doesn't want heavy downloaders on their network, but since so many of these power users have moved away to UPC then they don't really have a day-to-day policy on what to do with those exceeding 250GB.

I'd imagine they do it on a case by case basis, along the lines of "we've another one here on 400GB+ for the third month, will we send them a letter or let them off for another few months?" etc etc. I'd surprised if they would willingly invite the hassle of trying to bill someone excess when there is nothing particularly specific in their terms and conditions in relation to excess charges for the 250GB product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

eirman wrote: »

Hi eirman,

There is currently no charge applied if you exceed the 250GB

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Before my lodger moved out and I upgraded my line, I regularly went over the limit and was never charged.

See pic for stats.
    Prior to February, it was far higher and I was never charged for going over.
    I wouldn't worry about it unless they start sending you letters.

159645.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Creel

I went over the 250gb limit a couple of months ago (265+) and wasn't charged. I was looking out for the bill but when it came there was nothing extra on it.

Advertisement