Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scaffold

Options
  • 18-05-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

hey peeps. so planning on getting me scaffold pierced tomorrow. few questions.

obviously healing time and pain are different for everyone, so just looking for a few peoples reactions - how long before ya'll could sleep on it again? with my tragus it was like 2 weeks, but i would imagine this is more significant so could take longer.

did ya'll find it a very fiddly piercing - cleaning etc, does it swell much? looking forward to putting all the cool jewelery in once it is fully healed.

then a completely random question. i have 1 set of lobe piercings in each ear (the second set closed up), a tragus in my left ear, my left eyebrow and my labret pierced. wondering which ear to put the scaffold in (told you it was a daft question). like would i be a bit to 'lopsided looking' if i put it in my left!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You'll know yourself once you can start sleeping on it. Give it a few weeks before you try though.

Cleaning is pretty much the same as any other piercing, I didn't find it particularly difficult to clean. Just make sure you clean both piercings, that'd be the only difference. Some people swell more than others. I personally only got very slight swelling with it or any other cartialge piercing but I've seen a few friends who have. If it gets really bad you can take a nurofen plus to take down the swelling.

What ever ear you want it in is totally up to you. If you think it'd look too lopsided on the left ear then go for the right one. Best of luck with the piercing anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

thanks. :D am actually gonna get it next thursday (got confused!)

yea my tragus didn't swell much, i could sleep on it after about 11/2 weeks. still a tad sore on occasion but generally fine.

still not sure of the side, cos the reason i got my tragus where i did is cos i generally sleep on the other side (same with eyebrow)! so.....:P

Advertisement