Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Production/Camera Insurance

Options
  • 18-05-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in getting insurance for a shoot, and particularly for a camera. I'm shooting a student short next week and I'm borrowing a Canon 5D from a friend who has kindly agreed to lend us his camera.

The university won't cover it because it's not their equipment, and he doesn't have it insured himself, but we can't afford to pay for a replacement if something were to happen.

We've had a few quotes from different companies, but most range around €500 or more for a three-day shoot, which seems extortionate. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

I'd be very interested to hear more about this too. When you say €500, I presume this is only for the one camera? I have had much, MUCH higher quotes, but they included insurance for the crew too. It seems that people look to the UK for film insurance as here is way too expensive!
    I'm still searching too, so I'll keep you posted if I'm successful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

I think if your a member of film base you can get insured under their groups scheme. I could be wrong but it's worth a call. Or try pro insurance: www.aon.ie

Advertisement