Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed or Tomato Plant?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I grew a tomato plant last year in this pot. I cut it down when it looked like it had died at the end of the summer and put the pot in the shed. A while ago I notice something growing again but I'm not sure if its a weed, anyone able to shed some light on it for me? . It does look very weed like to me, but just in case I thought I ask the experts here before I pull it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Zell

Regret to inform you...that it looks like a weed to me. Probably a buttercup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Doh! thought as much Thanks for confirming Zell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It's a creeping buttercup. I got some tomato plants from the compost in my polytunnel. Some overripe tomatoes produced dozens of plants. The only thing, it's a variety i tried last year but didn't like.

Advertisement