Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

turbo question

• 18-05-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

ok, i've just set up my new tacx sirius turbo and hopped on for my first go. Also my first go on a turbo ever.

There is a bit of vibration when i step up the pace. Is this normal?
    It's on my daughters foam play mats (i'll get her new ones) so there should be plenty absorbtion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

ah lads, in fairness it's not that bad a question. I've seen worse on here what with the incessant "What bike for a grand?"s and "do you stop at traffic lights?"s. Not to mention "my fingers are numb" and other classics.

Seriously, it's only a small bit of vibration, not like i'm bobbing all over the living room or anything. Should i expect a small bit or should it be silky smooth, like an excersise bike say?

surely one of ye can help me

for the love of god

please, i'm begging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've never noticed vibration on my Tacx Satori.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    I've never noticed vibration on my Tacx Satori.

Me neither
    What tyre are you using on the turbo and what pressure is in the tyre?

also, how much pressure is there between the tyre and the roller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Some vibration is normal depending on the flooring type/ flooring sub sturcture/ rider weight/ bike type.

It's not doing any damage at all, just use the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Some vibration is normal depending on the flooring type/ flooring sub sturcture/ rider weight/ bike type.

It's not doing any damage at all, just use the damn thing!
    that's the answer i was looking for i guess, i'll just see if i can tweek it a bit and see what gives the optimum comfort.

I'm pretty sure it's set up right and my girlfriend just rang me to say she spent 10 minutes on it and she's drowned so presume it's working fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My Tacx Flow "walks" forward while I am using it, with the result that the front wheel eventually works its way out of the riser which gives an idea of how much it moves (several inches within the space of 30 minutes or so). Very annoying. I have to plant the front wheel against a wall or door saddle to be able to use the turbo without having to hop off at some point to re-position the bike+turbo - it can be quite a challenge, when your heart rate is way up and your patience is way down, to resist the application of some percussive "maintenance" at times like that.

If the vibration that you are referring to is the same as the walking effect that I experience on mine, then I would think that it is not normal but I haven't figured out how to stop mine from doing it yet. Planting the front wheel against something solid is a poor fix at best, though it is keeping me (semi-)sane for now.

Advertisement