Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property auctions for Galway city properties

Options
  • 18-05-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where the best place to keep tabs on these are - aside from the Advertiser?

I check daft - but only one or two listed at a time - i'd imagine that there are (or will be later this year) more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

dont bother, the prices are still in 2006.
    wait for allsops or some other 3rd party who wants to sell houses rather than tell people they are worth more than the highest bid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There is a video of one of the auctions on the propertypin man the auctioneer is some boy at getting the prices up. I wouldn't let an easily swayed person loose at one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

subway wrote: »
    dont bother, the prices are still in 2006.
    wait for allsops or some other 3rd party who wants to sell houses rather than tell people they are worth more than the highest bid
    I don't think that alsops on it's own will swing it - in fact that particular auction has gotten so much publicity that in isolation, it will probably have the opposite effect if anything...unless nama start to offload in between times...???

@biko: thanks for that - provided the info I needed.

@JoeyJJ: Yes, I saw that very guy in action since you posted! I didn't buy anything (and there are many reasons why I wouldn't at auction ...or so I've decided since) but you would definitely have to have a final figure in mind and the presence of mind NOT to get carried away and exceed it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I don't think that alsops on it's own will swing it

you've completely missed my point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

subway wrote: »
    you've completely missed my point...
    Eh..I guess I have mate - apologies. Can you elaborate?:confused:

Advertisement