Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exhaust Pipe Replacement

• 18-05-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Ok, I seem to have the car with all the problems...I have about €50 to spare literally. Does anyone know who can do an exhaust pipe replacement on a 1998 Peugeot 206? Thought I could bandage it, but it looks like the hole is too big in the pipe. If anyone can help point me to someone who could do it that cheap need to get it done ASAP!

Thanks a mil in advance - signed poor choice in buying a first car (yes I'm a woman LOL)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sfmonet wrote: »
    (yes I'm a woman LOL)

Hello there. :p

To be honest I'd say 50 is a little bit low. You could try ring traynors in the north and ask them do they have an exhaust. Ill text one of me friends and ask him could he help you out. He's normally good with the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Seanybiker - just sent you a PM :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

If theres a man in your life send him into halfords or deevys, they sell yokes to wrap around exhausts when theres holes in them, get him to jack the car up put the stuff on and get your hairdryer out to him. the hairdryer turned up the highest heat and hold it in and around the place you've put the putty so it will harden. its the cheapest fix. or if your father has any mates handy with a welder just weld on a piece over it

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Thanks everyone, getting O'Sheas to weld a sleeve on it, the hole is too big for the wrap to work on it. This should hold it for a bit...I hope!

But do appreciate the help/input I've gotten. Thanks a mil!

Advertisement