Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loyal customer .. no free modem

Options
  • 18-05-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Hi

I need to upgrade my broadband package from 8Mb NGB to 24MB NGB, the issue i have is my current modem will not support speeds of up to 24Mb

Currently the web offer says the new modem is for new customers only, while i appreciate this offer is there to entice new customer i do not fell valued as a loyal customer

for this reason i have been looking at switching to another provider just to get the free modem as the price of the broadband package are the same

is it possible that Eircom could see it in there heart to give a loyal & happy customer the free modem if I was to upgrade my package

cheers
    jimbob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the way it works at the moment is:

if you upgrade your package and the modem you have does not support the higher speeds then they will automaticly send you a new modem

if you upgrade and your current modem does support the higher speeds then they wont send a modem out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

jim_bob wrote: »
    Hi

I need to upgrade my broadband package from 8Mb NGB to 24MB NGB, the issue i have is my current modem will not support speeds of up to 24Mb

Currently the web offer says the new modem is for new customers only, while i appreciate this offer is there to entice new customer i do not fell valued as a loyal customer

for this reason i have been looking at switching to another provider just to get the free modem as the price of the broadband package are the same

is it possible that Eircom could see it in there heart to give a loyal & happy customer the free modem if I was to upgrade my package

cheers
    jimbob

Hi jimbob
    Banenlade is correct, if your line can support 9Mb or more you will be upgraded to 24Mb, upgrades depend on your broadband package and line speed. If you PM me your tel. no I can advise you of coming upgrade.
    Tony

Advertisement