Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 150 Route

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shadydivott

lxflyer wrote: »
    There was a full consultation process on the Dublin Bus website, the plans were advertised in local papers and they held several meetings.

All of this took place over a month and a half before the changes took place.

which local papers and where were the meetings held

• Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I can't recall specific locations - but there were at least 4 meetings advertised on the website along with full details of the changes planned for the Crumlin Road services.

none around here im afraid.......the obvious thing to do was advertise the changes on the bus itself...or at the bus stops which the route serves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

none around here im afraid.......the obvious thing to do was advertise the changes on the bus itself...or at the bus stops which the route serves.....

They did on the 121, surprised they didn't on the 150 tbh.

anyway thats it im stuck with it.....ill know the tenters like the back of my hand.....anyone know any busses around templeogue/terenure/greenhills etc that link up with luas line....that mite solve my problem

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Just hopped on the 19.50 service at Rossmore/Orwell this minute. I live round the corner from the stop/start point and more often than not when I pass there's a bus stopped waiting to start the next service. Does that mean there's an overlap or that some drivers get through the route too quickly? I take this bus at different times of day and it's never taken much more than 40 minutes from start to finish.

On a side note, my driver seems to be nuts- he drove out in front of a car at the junction of Rossmore Road/Willington lane causing them to brake quite hard and is BOMBING it over the ramps.

Just hopped on the 19.50 service at Rossmore/Orwell this minute. I live round the corner from the stop/start point and more often than not when I pass there's a bus stopped waiting to start the next service. Does that mean there's an overlap or that some drivers get through the route too quickly? I take this bus at different times of day and it's never taken much more than 40 minutes from start to finish.

On a side note, my driver seems to be nuts- he drove out in front of a car at the junction of Rossmore Road/Willington lane causing them to brake quite hard and is BOMBING it over the ramps.

Bus timetables always have a little extra time built into them to allow for unexpected delays.

A good timetable generally allows about 5% extra time for such issues. Hence most of the time you will see the buses waiting at termini because they had no problems.

ill know the tenters like the back of my hand

Lucky you!:cool:

Lucky you!:cool:
    and burglaries will increase around here.......just like when the dart started........

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DubRos

We weren't so much asked it was moreso residents got onto our local politicians who arranged the meeting with Dublin Bus, the Tenters Association probably helped too. It's called being pro-active did you attempt to get onto your local politicians with regards to this?

Think something similar happened in Inchicore with regards to the 19 bus aswell, the locals and the local politicians got a meeting with Dublin Bus and as of now the bus is still going the same route.
    Well the 19 is done for now, gone as of the 28th of August. Dublin Bus were never going to back down on that, especially after they changed the 122 route.

• Advertisement

My mothers been told twice by two different people that they might be doing away with the 150, anyone else hear this? My guess is they'd join the 151/150 together if anything happens!

I doubt it. That would leave a large part of south Crumlin without a bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Several local papers have published articles saying the number of services will be halved.

Well that could mean a reduction in the timetable - if people are not using it, the services need to be cut to a level that does meet the demand. The days of running buses around carrying thin air are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Well that could mean a reduction in the timetable - if people are not using it, the services need to be cut to a level that does meet the demand. The days of running buses around carrying thin air are over.

Yeah I would agree with that. For a while I used it fairly regularly. Passenger numbers dropped off rapidly around 2009. Most likely due to less people working.

However one of the problems with the route I think is the number of stops, it seems to me it has too many stops. The crossroads at the Submarine bar is a big choke point, the bus pulls in to stop 20 yards before the lights and cars end up overtaking it leaving no room for it to pull out and by the time it gets to the lights they're red meaning about a 3-4 minute delay. Even though there is another stop immediately after the lights.

A similar thing happens before the big junction at the Star Bingo where the lights only seem to be green for 20 seconds at a time. This means that even at quiet times the bus can take almost an hour to get into town. Some people in my part of Templeogue prefer to get a 54a or 15a in. The only advantage the 150 had over those routes in the past was it was generally more reliable but that seems to have decreased in the past year.

Yupp definitely, I get the 150 to and from work at all times of the day and it does be empty at times, on it today from Donore Ave to Submarine Bar and there was about 5 people downstairs and probably not much more upstairs.

I can't see the route being cancelled but I can see frequency being cut if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I don't find the route that bad at all. Takes about 30 mins to get into town from Willington Roundabout, getting the bus at 8.10, obviously theres less traffic with it being summer.

I can get the 15a, 54a and the 150. I always get whichever one comes first as the difference between them all is only about 10 mins

I don't find the route that bad at all. Takes about 30 mins to get into town from Willington Roundabout, getting the bus at 8.10, obviously theres less traffic with it being summer.

I can get the 15a, 54a and the 150. I always get whichever one comes first as the difference between them all is only about 10 mins
    15A from willington roundabout ?????? News to me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

15A from willington roundabout ?????? News to me!!!!

Pandoras Twist didn't specifically say the 15A serves Willington Roundabout. They said the journey time of the 150 from Willington Roundabout is about 30 minutes.

When the poster mentioned the buses they can get, I'm assuming they were referring to the stop on Willington Lane, for the 15A, 54A and 150.

• Advertisement

Don't know if anyone has seen but the 150 frequency is being hammered.

Timetable till Saturday:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/1501/

Timetable from Sunday:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/150/

Note in the new timetable going to Fleet St in the mornings it's taking a different route.

Bad idea cutting the rush hour times imo, I do be on it a good bit in the evenings and the buses do be fairly packed as is, cutting the frequency is going to make them uncomfortable more so than anything else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What is that new route exactly? I haven't come across it anywhere..

dfx- wrote: »
    What is that new route exactly? I haven't come across it anywhere..

Only on weekday mornings, but instead of going across Cork St, it turns right onto Lukes Ave. Cuts out going through the Coombe basically.

Advertisement