Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunch/Lunch in Drogheda?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone know a good spot for some brunch/lunch of an early Sunday afternoon in Drogheda?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Bia always good, Eastern seaboard but you would have to book well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Just wrote a review on Bia. I wasn't too impressed with what I got but will likely return next week to try something different. Menu is large and appealing (to me anyway). Prices are also good. Thinking I maybe selected the wrong meal.

I'm fairly sure Quay 4 open on a Sunday afternoon. Very nice food, welcoming staff and pleasant surroundings.

If you like Chinese food, I think Tango's open Sunday lunchtime. Great hangover food if you've been out the night before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

Salt house in John street is lovely, lots of fresh, tasty food at reasonable prices

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fursttimer wrote: »
    Just wrote a review on Bia. I wasn't too impressed with what I got but will likely return next week to try something different. Menu is large and appealing (to me anyway). Prices are also good. Thinking I maybe selected the wrong meal.

Thing i find with bia is the time you go in matters a lot.

For example, go in at about 12 on a random thursday, or even later, around 3.
    Order a coconut curry chicken stir fry with rice and you will think your just after getting something prepared by a world class chef.

Now, go in and order the exact same time when its busy and its a completely different story. The rice is undercooked sometimes and it tastes all too greasy.

I have resorted only ordering certain things depending on how busy the place seems to be. Oh and there also seems to be a little inconsistency with the two chefs they seem to have on different shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Brunch? Brunch? Didn't the IMF remove that from the dictionary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭madzers

Was in west 29 last week which is a new restaurant in the westcourt hotel ,was very impressed with the menu and they also had a choice of a Tapas menu , Was impressed with the service food and over all the new modern look of the place
    Would recomend it good for the town and west street

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shugana

madzers wrote: »
    Was in west 29 last week which is a new restaurant in the westcourt hotel ,was very impressed with the menu and they also had a choice of a Tapas menu , Was impressed with the service food and over all the new modern look of the place
    Would recomend it good for the town and west street

I wish someone would wipe the paint/plaster off the back of the settee in the window - the new modern upgrade looks fab except for that bit of glaring detail you can't help but notice everytime you pass the place

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Tango is superb. Only opens for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays. It's a set menu and you choose small portions of any three items on it plus rice or chips. Only a tenner. Great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

shugana wrote: »
    I wish someone would wipe the paint/plaster off the back of the settee in the window - the new modern upgrade looks fab except for that bit of glaring detail you can't help but notice everytime you pass the place

+1 on this, my mam said it to me, now every time I pass by, I have to look to see if it is still there! You'd think a hotel would have a few old sheets to throw over the furniture before painting the room :p

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

theres a great chinese out by the fire station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

theres a great chinese out by the fire station

Tango

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Any suggestions for a nice place for brunch in Drogheda on a Sunday morning/v early afternoon?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I have had very nice brunch in Relish in the Highlanes Gallery on Laurence St. There's a brekky menu till 12 and some all-day brunch selections (pancakes/french toast) as well as their regular menu.

Advertisement