Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astro turf in sligo

Options
  • 18-05-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi guys, im living in sligo and would like to play some astro turf soccer but i dont know anyone playing. so if your down a man and could do with me to make up numbers it would be great. im 23, reasonably fit, im no superstar, just lookin for a kick about. even with an older crowd i dont mind, thanks lee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Theres football most evenings on the Astro Turf up at the showgrounds.

Alot of the time its a group of mates and colleagues playing each other, suppose if you head up, get chating to a few, one of the groups might welcome you if a man down.

Personally its a nicer pitch to play on compared to the sports complex, not sure either on the set up down there my self at the mo in terms of people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Teg1

Will send you pm of details of a regular game at theSports Complex if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I used to be up there a few times a week, Rovers one not the other place. Just go up and if you see odd numbers ask for a game, groups are usually down numbers and as long as someone asks for a game and pays they will be asked back the following week. There can be a few who ask for a match and dont offer to pay dont do that and your fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

There is also an astro turf pitch in the institute of technology.

Not sure what the story is but you should be able to ring them on 071 91 55222.

Advertisement