Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Direct Debit / Money Transfer

Options
  • 18-05-2011 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can help?
    Can you create a direct debit to your credit union account or pay money directly into the credit union account from your current account internet banking?

All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

cocopatch wrote: »
    Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can help?
    Can you create a direct debit to your credit union account or pay money directly into the credit union account from your current account internet banking?

All advice welcome!
    Yes,well i can with Bank of Ireland i use one for savings and another for a loan account.Its very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm doing it too from PTSB. If I understand correctly though, it's not available at all cu's - it just depends on what facilities they have at your own branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

You'll need to speak to your credit union about it before you set up anything.
    In our local one, you arrange before hand what you are paying etc then set up a standing order. The reference number on the standing order is set as your credit union account number so they know which account to put the money into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cocopatch

Thank you for the replies. Will check this out
    And post how I get on. Thanx again

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Ya all you have to do is go to the CU, get a form from them with your account details on it. You then fill out how much you want to transfer, how often you want it transfered and the start date of the money transfer. Then drop it into your bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Travelbud

Hi I opened a credit union account and money was taken out but the amount does not appear in my credit union account is this normal ? Thanks

Advertisement