Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options
  • 18-05-2011 10:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So something that wasn't supposed to be available for at least another week will instead be ready tomorrow. As of May 19th he 'clan wars' feature of the game goes live. Basically this means that all the people who signed up to the Boards.ie WoT clan get to play together :)

Now I have very little information besides the following :

In order to qualify we need 15 members who have at least a tier 5 tank and we have 16 (out of 19) so no problems there.

We decide on a locarion which we wish to 'land' in and go to battle against other clans who wish to control the same area. regions which are controlled by our clan earn in-game gold which goes into the clan's bank and shall be distributed to players as I see fit :p
    Take a look at the map here. I'm guessing that we really don't have a choice but to land in good 'ol RoI :)

I suggest that everyone reads through the clan guide here and post back here if they've understood something more than I have.

What I'm not too sure of for example is if we can choose at what time we want to play at. If we can't I don't see this working very much.

So read the guide and see what you think. This clan business is not meant to be anything but some fun so don't expect that you'll be asked to play at 3am or asked to spend any money on the game that you don't want to. But for those that haven't played much on-line gaming, there's no better feeling than playing on-line with friends and brings a whole new aspect to the game.

See read the guide and we'll see what happens next !

Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ahh, an update already. I believe that battles are on at fixed times based on the country that where the battle is held. So for Ireland it's 8pm UTC (that's 9pm in Ireland I think)

The PM system on the WoT sites isn't great so I may from tomorrow just use PMs here to update people.

Rakanisheu, Rogue_DotC, Shiminay - you guys need to have at least a Tier V tank to take part in the clan wars. So keep on playing and let me know as soon as you get one :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

9PM may prove awkward with my work times.

Anyhow, Ireland is the natural starting point. I'm sure no-one will possibly be offended when we invade the north....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    9PM may prove awkward with my work times.

Anyhow, Ireland is the natural starting point. I'm sure no-one will possibly be offended when we invade the north....

We should do it while the Queen is here :P

I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

Niiiice ,

I hope the battles are on weekends :D

im in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

Meh, will do best to contribute but wasn't expecting this was happening and so had arranged to get rat-arsed today. I must confess I am a little confused as to how the hell this is going to work in general. Guess we will find out with object lessons over the coming week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I'll bring either my KV, IS-3 or my SU-54 depending on what is needed (would love to know if there will be some kind of handicap setup or if we'd risk facing 15 tier 10 tanks or something silly like that)..

Nody wrote: »
    Well I'll bring either my KV, IS-3 or my SU-54 depending on what is needed (would love to know if there will be some kind of handicap setup or if we'd risk facing 15 tier 10 tanks or something silly like that)..

You're on early!

I'd imagine there's some sort of 'points' system, where all tiers in your company can be a max of 70 or something. i.e Tier 5 = 5 points etc

So 15 players with a max of 70 tier points.

That's how they'd done previous team competitions during the beta.

So we being entered into it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sweet!! wsounds good.

well what would everyones preffered tank be.

for me its kv or kv3 or if we need a td su-152

So we being entered into it today?

Yep. I have no idea how many people will be available this evening at 8:30-ish but I'll claim Ireland for Boards.ie and we'll see what happens next :)

There is very little information available and a lot of confusion as to what is happening this evening.

• Advertisement

Here's a wiki about Clan Wars : http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Clan_Wars

Read it if you wish but it's mostly stuff for me to understand. I just want people to turn up and fight without having to worry about anything else :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Assuming point cap I can also bring some light/medium/TDs I've got trained up (but I'd need to check what they are as I don't remember them off the top of my head).

Ok, quick read through the document shows a maximum of 15 people per battle (each person who fought in a Tier 5 tank is one chip, maximum of 15 chips per "zone" and you comit X chips to a fight, if you win the chips are gone for the next 24h). Could not find what point value a chip equals to (i.e. is a chip worth 5p and points = tier or something else).

Also the starting zone is very low in gold by comparison to other zones so we should be looking at quickly moving north and invade UK (i.e. try to minimize the front other clans can attack once we got a foothold in Ireland).

Quick check on map, Ireland is worth 400 gold; Midlands UK is worth 2000 to 4000!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Just tried to join [B-IE] and got this message "Clan operations are blocked till 2011-05-21 08:49:05"

so I will apply again in a couple of days

My Stats

Ponster wrote: »
    Yep. I have no idea how many people will be available this evening at 8:30-ish but I'll claim Ireland for Boards.ie and we'll see what happens next :)

There is very little information available and a lot of confusion as to what is happening this evening.

I'll be there, and my connection issue is sorted out.

So if you need a hand with anything, give me a shout.

Ok, quick read through the document shows a maximum of 15 people per battle (each person who fought in a Tier 5 tank is one chip, maximum of 15 chips per "zone" and you comit X chips to a fight, if you win the chips are gone for the next 24h). Could not find what point value a chip equals to (i.e. is a chip worth 5p and points = tier or something else).

I think you need to look at chips = slots = players.

We have 16 chips, i.e. 16 players who are able today to fight.

We could decide for example to send 6 players (chips) to fight together to invade Northern Ireland and 10 to invade Wales. When we have 30 players in the clan then we could imagine attacking on two fronts at the same time (or one attack and one defense). If the 6 guys lose their battle up north then they are no longer available to fight for the clan for the next 24 hours.

I think you need to look at chips = slots = players.

We have 16 chips, i.e. 16 players who are able today to fight.

We could decide for example to send 6 players (chips) to fight together to invade Northern Ireland and 10 to invade Wales. When we have 30 players in the clan then we could imagine attacking on two fronts at the same time (or one attack and one defense). If the 6 guys lose their battle up north then they are no longer available to fight for the clan for the next 24 hours.

One thing I don't get - how do the actual battles take place? I you sent 6 up the north, do we actually have a battle with 6 on us on one side? Or is it taken as our next public battle result?

One thing I don't get - how do the actual battles take place? I you sent 6 up the north, do we actually have a battle with 6 on us on one side? Or is it taken as our next public battle result?
    6 of us on one side vs. how ever many chips the other clan puts up I guess and as far as I understood it there is one fight an hour in a zone so if we would invade NI (held by Clan OMGZWTFBBQ) a given hour of that fight would be given. This would be based on the time zone of clan OMGZWTFBBQ and the zone but should be evening time. At least that is how I understood it.

And I'll be available tonight, tomorrow and on Saturday (full list of potential tanks to be posted later inc. preferences). Leaving on Sunday for a business trip and will not be back until Friday evening.

On a seperate note; what would stop a clan with lets say 150 tier 5 members to comitt the same 15 top players over and over again as they have 150 chips (and the other members can then be placated with free gold basically)?

On a seperate note; what would stop a clan with lets say 150 tier 5 members to comitt the same 15 top players over and over again as they have 150 chips (and the other members can then be placated with free gold basically)?

Probably nothing. Unless of course there is some rule to states that if you have more than 15 players the players must be rotated each battle.

So if I have 30 players, and I use 10 in a battle, they cannot be used for the next battle.

There may also be something to state that you can't battle again for 24/48 hours, meaning smaller teams will have to organise their resources carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

Think limit on a clan is 100. We should be able to get near there soon enough what with our esteemed name.

Delay in start of clan wars?

That is probably a good thing as we need to get a bit of time to organise a litttle better and generally gather information - and buy our asses a load of Lowes :D.

But seriously for your tank of preference obviously it's the loltraktor or your just a stinky NOOB!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whats this talk of delay

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do right now.

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clanwars/maps/earth/reg_01/

On a side not, I just received the router for my new 100Mb fiber connection. I guess today isn't a great day to start switching ISPs :)

Can you select a landing zone? Some seem to have done it already

Can you select a landing zone? Some seem to have done it already

Yep. We're invading Eire :D

I selected 15 chips and so we have 3 left over though I doubt there'll be 15 of us online this evening... (18 available players with Tir V tanks out of a possible 21 clan members)

Yep. We're invading Eire :D

I selected 15 chips and so we have 3 left over though I doubt there'll be 15 of us online this evening... (18 available players with Tir V tanks out of a possible 21 clan members)

Good stuff. Pity I can't see anything :(

Even logged in it should give you details about the clan or whats been applied for. I think only the clan commander and deputy or something can see it.

I'll make you deputy and we'll see what happens...

Landing is not working yet. I saw that I want to spend 15 chips to invade Ireland and all is fine but when I refresh the page everythign has reset. Looks like others having the same issue.

Landing is not working yet. I saw that I want to spend 15 chips to invade Ireland and all is fine but when I refresh the page everythign has reset. Looks like others having the same issue.

I'll have a look now too.

• Advertisement

Figured it out I think. 3 clans already looking to land in Ireland.

Advertisement