Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Hopefully the Russian winter will set in and everybody will be back indoors again :)

By Sunday I believe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Not only do we need numbers we need some tactics- played some great games last night(after the clan whatever) with 2 other boardsie- some worked, some did not. but it was better than what happens when we play as a clan. Happy to follow, but i have a few suggestions when we actually talk tactics.

We need to look at our company formation, what tanks are going to be used and how. A defensive team and a offensive one as well
    2-3 arty I have a tier5 hummel152
    2-3 spotter tanks-fast mediums? I have a vk3000P(Mein Porsche)
    and the rest could be a 50/50 mix of heavies and TD's. I would think a few medium tanks for better cover of the TD's and their positional firing-intercepting their spotters.

just a few thoughts...

Oh and the clan numbers...
    I have a friend in the clan on tier4 and grinding and the other is off on his hols after college exams-we may have another 2 to join but i would be honest and say, we may not see them till july.

If you are no longer playing the game, could you let us know(logon and password accepted :P )? Last night was a disgrace, and i am a backup normally...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

in fairness, they done themselves no favours releasing the clan wars like this.

it IS actually zero fun playing against 8 tier 9s when were rollin around with lowbies.

nobody likes getting their arse handed to them

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Last week I played a good number of games with a couple of the Boards guys in random company games. They were much more fun than just getting whipped in clans games. We could play company games after the clan games? As for my own playing style I dont think I will venture into arty/TD`s so I will be sticking with medium tanks for a good while.

The company games are no different. And you cannot chose your opponent, so its actually kind of pointless IMO. It doesn't lend itself very well to a competitive game. (of course, you could have a training battle, with no XP / creds gained, but you still have to pay for ammo / repairs [idiotic]).

Tactics are definitely worthwhile investing in, but then again, we'd still need the numbers on to make that worthwhile.

We could designate 1 night a week to training, but we'd still only get to train in a company battle (unless people don't mind spending creds in training battles) so we'd get our asses handed to us anyway.

We need more higher tier guns TBH.

I have a Hummel, KV-13, and KV-3. The KV-3 can hold its own against the higher tiers, as it can do some decent damage with the 122mm boomcannon.

The Hummel can also get some decent damage / kills against t8/9 tanks, or at the very least track them over and over.

If we had a full 15 on for 10-15 minutes before each match, we could indeed work something out, at least to make ourselves competitive - even if we lose.

But having 15 on is paramount to giving ourselves a fighting chance.

I'll pick some matches for this evening, but with the weather being as it is, and it being a Friday, I can almost guarantee we won't have a full team on.

Matches for tonight:
    Ireland (Erlenberg)

Tébessa (El Halluf)

As usual, we'll know the battle times just after 7pm.

Chose El Halluf, as it gives us a chance to take them at range, so ideally we'd like 3/4 high tier heavy's, 2 scouts, and the rest as TD's and / or SPG's. We do ok on this map, as we can channel the enemy when they attack. And please guys, play clever - duck in and out of cover. Only come from out of cover when there's a target to fire at, and your gun is loaded. I've seen some dreadful play from some of us over the last week or two!

Ireland (Erlenberg) - well, just for ****s and giggles. Its a good map. We need 3/4 SPG's if possible, 2/3 scouts, and the rest all high tier heavy's if we can (or TD's if we have them).

Scouts mark targets for the arty to at least get some decent damage. Heavy's to front up the defence / assault. TD's to give some firepower at range. Once again, play clever, and we can do some damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

last friday we had about 17 on to play, but with the weather like this, i cant see 15 on. if the game was at 8pm onwards ill be around with my lowe boomer

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Thanks for the promotion but I'm not sure I'll be on. I've been sick of the invisible tanks for months and the lack of tracers is making it worse.

Was just trying to cap the flag at Erlenberg and getting shot from an unknown tier opponent hidden somewhere was no fun at all. At least with the tracers I could have charged his position and possibly survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Hi guys, at the min i have in my garage :

German

fully upgraded VK3601(H) Tier 6

fully upgraded jagdPz IV Tier 6

Fully upgraded HUMMEL Tier 5

new VK 3002 (DB) Tier 7

U S A

M4A3E8 Sherman Tier 6

T1 Heavy Tier 5

I will update as i increse

Battle Times

Tébessa 19.41

Ireland 20.15

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

As noted earlier I'll not be on today (visiting gf's parents) but I will be back for the Sunday to Wednesday matches. Thursday and Friday are maybes leaning towards most likely not as I'll once again be travelling.

• Advertisement

Tonights games:

Corsica (Westfield)

Canary's (Abbey)

As usual, we'll know the exact times at 7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Good luck guy's.

I'm still away so can't help out :(

Starting to have withdrawal symptoms from not playing.

Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance to organise a match today.

Will have 2 organised for tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gave me more time to do some grinding, "only" 35k exp to IS-4...

Will be on later myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Meh, 2 more days of shift... will be back on Wednesday

Tonights matches:

Tiemcen - Sand River

Brittany - Cliff

As usual, 7pm for exact times!

Tonights Games:

Corsica - Westfield

Portugal - Abbey

7pm for battle times....

I hope we can have a full 15

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm finally on Tier 5 with a KV, so if we're stuck, I can join in tonight.

• Advertisement

Tonights Games:

Corsica - Westfield 19:32

Portugal - Abbey 19:45

7pm for battle times....

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I suggest that we pick one game on El Halluf every time we go for matches. Its about the only map that is useful at the moment because of our lack of high tiers. Its got a limited amount of choke points that we can cover without being exposed to arty and where they cant rush at speed. Most matches there we are still going to lose (matches like today with its 4 IS7 & 2 Object704) but against the more mixed clans we would have a chance. Plus we can get the tactics and roles for people settled for that map.

And also that we don't schedule any battles on bank holiday weekends :)

I suggest that we pick one game on El Halluf every time we go for matches. Its about the only map that is useful at the moment because of our lack of high tiers. Its got a limited amount of choke points that we can cover without being exposed to arty and where they cant rush at speed. Most matches there we are still going to lose (matches like today with its 4 IS7 & 2 Object704) but against the more mixed clans we would have a chance. Plus we can get the tactics and roles for people settled for that map.

And also that we don't schedule any battles on bank holiday weekends :)

I usually do throw El Halluf into the mix, but was getting bored so picked something different.

I'd nearly suggest not organising matches at all, unless I can guarantee 15 players to bother turning up.

Yes i agree, i think we need to set up a military command of active clan members. Each 1 given a role so we can make the most out of our clan and our members.;)

Ok this is the leadership, all clan decisions, rules and other things need to be approved by them.

Lieutenant-General --- ptegan
    Major-General --- Dublin_Gunner
    Brigadier-General --- DeWinterZero
    Colonel --- Rogue_DotC
    Lieutenant-Colonel ---

These 2 need to find new recruits
    Commandant
    Captain

Responsible for keeping track of members activity.
    Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Other duties as needed.
    Sergeant Major
    Quartermaster Sergeant
    Company Sergeant
    Company Quartermaster Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Corporal
    Private

[B-IE] Boards-ie
    WoT : a barrel of fun!

Data for 08.06.2011, 05:41

Commander:ptegan
    Military Personnel (37)
    #Username Position Joined
    1pteganCommander05.05.2011
    2DeWinterZeroCommander Deputy11.05.2011
    3Dublin_GunnerCommander Deputy05.05.2011
    4Rogue_DotCCommander Deputy15.05.2011
    5exbuzzzDiplomat18.05.2011
    6TheSpearmanField Commander05.05.2011
    7arghffsSoldier13.05.2011
    8Ballbag101Soldier21.05.2011
    9copeyhagenSoldier11.05.2011
    10DangrimSoldier11.05.2011
    11dublingarSoldier15.05.2011
    12garethn99Soldier18.05.2011
    13GrahamSoulSoldier05.05.2011
    14irishjabuSoldier15.05.2011
    15KAC_PDWSoldier11.05.2011
    16ordomalleusSoldier21.05.2011
    17PaddygolightlySoldier23.05.2011
    18RakanisheuSoldier13.05.2011
    19ShiminaySoldier17.05.2011
    20theottovonbismarkSoldier16.05.2011
    21TomyberSoldier17.05.2011
    22akanewbie_Recruit06.06.2011
    23dsafrf341Recruit20.05.2011
    24EireabuRecruit25.05.2011
    25eoghanc10Recruit06.06.2011
    26Fionn_Mc_CouleRecruit03.06.2011
    27IRISHPANZERRecruit12.05.2011
    28mercenaryirelandRecruit03.06.2011
    29mrmoriartyRecruit06.06.2011
    30NutboyRecruit22.05.2011
    31pguilfoyleRecruit25.05.2011
    32PogomanRecruit31.05.2011
    33RenescoRecruit28.05.2011
    34sausageandeggsRecruit05.05.2011
    35sionnach101Recruit24.05.2011
    36Therminator36Recruit26.05.2011
    37wozza_Recruit05.05.2011

As people may have guessed, no matches this evening.

I just didn;t get a chance to do it this afternoon, and was home too late from work.

A couple of days withotu matches might not be a bad thing, so we can try organsie some other facets of the clan.

This is a reminder for people: This link will show all scheduled battles (after 6pm on the day) for our clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wooo I'm back :)

And I've my KV too (although I'm still using the bog standard 76mm, a little way of too the 107mm though :o)

• Advertisement

Ok im out of the office all day, using phone to post! Could dewinter or dotc please choose 2 matches for this evening. I cant do it on my phone.

I wont make it myself today.
    Cheers.

Advertisement