Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Ok keep it up big man. Your right, I'm wrong. OK I get it. Not.

It was plainly obvious that Nody was stating there are no real training missions, no one to teach you how to play etc and you can get matched against much better tanks. You just thought you'd try be all high and mighty with your 'Wrong.' It was a terrible attempt at being a smart arse know-it-all, and you were attempting to contradict a statement you picked up wrong. Nowhere did Nody state you get matched with the big boys. You read what he wrote, and decided to take your own meaning from it. Pretty much like what happened in game too the other day too with me.

Good riddance.

I like how you twist the guys words (nody) to your own interpretation, then white knight for his benefit without being asked to when someone corrects a wrong assumption he makes, then get uppity that you too have had a mistake pointed out to you and then start arguing pedantically or in a circular way, twisting what people said to suit your own means because it's not at all possible that your ego will allow for anyone to contradict you.

Keep raging lad, you'll get the last word eventually (or perhaps a stroke from the stress of always being right)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Gneez wrote: »
    I like how you twist the guys words (nody) to your own interpretation, then white knight for his benefit without being asked to when someone corrects a wrong assumption he makes, then get uppity that you too have had a mistake pointed out to you and then start arguing pedantically or in a circular way, twisting what people said to suit your own means because it's not at all possible that your ego will allow for anyone to contradict you.

Keep raging lad, you'll get the last word eventually (or perhaps a stroke from the stress of always being right)

No, I just didn't, and I'm not raging, I'm not 10.

I'm finished with you now, so post whatever you like, I'll get a mod to remove it for derailing the thread anyway.

Whatever twisted your knickers the other day I don't know. Thankfully I don;t have to put up with it in game anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

No, I just didn't, and I'm not raging, I'm not 10.

I'm finished with you now, so post whatever you like, I'll get a mod to remove it for derailing the thread anyway.

Whatever twisted your knickers the other day I don't know. Thankfully I don;t have to put up with it in game anymore.

Such a boss.

'I'm finished with you, arguing with you is beneath me, mere pleb! ....... also I'm telling on you for disagreeing with me baww waah and my powerful mod friends will make you pay!'

Hypocrisy, thy name is dublin gunner.

edit: and since you keep hinting as to why I left the boards WoT clan, it was simply you throwing a hissy fit and throwing the rattle out of your pram every time I looked at the chat window, your attitude stinks lad, and you've got some real control-freak issues.

Tonights matches - same as yesterday!

Tebessa - El Halluf

Sicily - Lakeville

As usual, we'll know the exact battle times around 7.05pm

If everyone could try be on by about 7.30 that would be great, so we can try organise a few things.

We had a strong team out last night, but unfortunately we came up against 2 of the strongest teams we've yet played - typical!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd say lets go for a full assault over the valley tonight; a strong push (now that you can remove tanks) should allow us to swing it quickly while leaving a token defence of TDs to hold our point long enough (and we don't want to go straight out for it but wait a bit to let them send their tanks off in the other direction before charging over the top).

We can even send in a few mediums via town to fake scouting for the heavies/arties :)

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    I'd say lets go for a full assault over the valley tonight; a strong push (now that you can remove tanks) should allow us to swing it quickly while leaving a token defence of TDs to hold our point long enough (and we don't want to go straight out for it but wait a bit to let them send their tanks off in the other direction before charging over the top).

We can even send in a few mediums via town to fake scouting for the heavies/arties :)

A change of tactic and a full assault on both sides would be good.

However, I'd like two scouts to go each side to get some of them spotted so we can soften them up before the assault.

**edit, actually, are you talking about El Halluf or Lakeville? If we start on the north side of lakeville, a large heavy rush down the valley on the east side may be doable. If we leave some TD's at base for defence, and 1 or 2 medium to rush to the town to see what's coming could well work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Which ever map was the last one yesterday (Lakeville I think). Unless they pull down a lot of defence quickly a heavy attack can usually roll through and cath them out of position forcing them to either push for our point or rush back and we got the highground to defend from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

lakeville is a good map.
    ill use my su-152 instead of lowe maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

After the abuse I got last night from paddy & dg over my noob team speak set up I've decided to sod off to ikea after work for wardobes. Yep, no where else I'd rather be than ikea after 10 hours in work to give myself a hernia pulling wardrobes around. No sir, no where else in the world.

GL & HF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

G-spec wrote: »
    I've decided to sod off to ikea after work for wardobes

yeah right, you mean your missus has decided :pac:

• Advertisement

and those hot dogs are rancid!!!!

G-spec wrote: »
    After the abuse I got last night from paddy & dg over my noob team speak set up I've decided to sod off to ikea after work for wardobes. Yep, no where else I'd rather be than ikea after 10 hours in work to give myself a hernia pulling wardrobes around. No sir, no where else in the world.

GL & HF

lol you have a funny set up there mate!

Basically, he was usin TS to listen to myself and Paddy, but the in-game chat to talk!

Well enjoy Ikea, I'll reserve a platoon space for ya later!

Should make the 7pm games but may be late.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm back from holidays and should be around this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I can't make this evening, and to give plenty or prior notice I can't make any match next week from Monday through till the Tuesday the week after. As I much as I'd like to be there, the alternative is not working and starving to death, which is a concept I'm not too big on. I'll see if I can make my Jagdtiger over the weekend at least.

Spear wrote: »
    I can't make this evening, and to give plenty or prior notice I can't make any match next week from Monday through till the Tuesday the week after. As I much as I'd like to be there, the alternative is not working and starving to death, which is a concept I'm not too big on. I'll see if I can make my Jagdtiger over the weekend at least.

Cool, NP man.

See ya on some of the nights though maybe? (after matches etc)

Ponster - welcome back man, hope you enjoyed the steers & wimmin barbeques!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I just realised last night after I got one shotted again that I have yet to get one kill in all the clan games and I have lost money in every single game. There isnt much point me even joining in my Tier6 tank, hence why I went out in my loltractor the other day.
    With one or two game as exception I think we're killing 1 or 2 tanks a game if that and CW will always mean losses even with victories (only less so); esp. as you get higher tier tanks.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I just realised last night after I got one shotted again that I have yet to get one kill in all the clan games and I have lost money in every single game. There isnt much point me even joining in my Tier6 tank, hence why I went out in my loltractor the other day.

We all lose money, unfortunately :(

The match we won there last week we all made money. But personally I don't mind, its not breaking the bank, and the money is made back with 1 decent round.

Tier 6 you couldn't be losing anymore than a couple of grand though?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I got 2 kills a while back in my hummel

Tonights games:

Tebessa - El Halluf

Portugal - Abbey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

When you lose a clan or company battle 50% of your xp and credits go to the winning team. That's why I've even lost money with my Lowe in clan battles.

ac7b7.jpg

If it is from Base II then filp over

We need all Arties to aim for one area, one Arty is annoying, 3+ is death from above. I'd also like to see one or two mediums to scout ahead of the heavies to give them an idea what is up ahead and give arties something to shoot at.

Also an issue with the route of the wolfpack there is that they will be wide open when going up that hill to side assaults by enemy TDs/tanks. I know my IS-4 does 5km an hour going up hill and I'm going to be in the open for quite a while there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

any matches tonight?

Auvers wrote: »
    any matches tonight?

Same bat time, same bat channel :)

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clanwars/maps/earth/reg_02/

the way the clan wars are done is such sh1te.

why not just let any clan challenge any clan at any time.

this fookin sh1te of 1 or 2 matches a day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Games are on at 8:01pm and 8:08pm

Anyone who doesn't get a game in the first match should ready-up for the second.

Todays games:

Kaliningrad (Himmesldorf) 6.30~

Portugal (Abbey) 7.30~

Please check uc.worldoftanks.eu for the exact times from around 6pm

I decided todo an early match, in the best non-arty map I could think of.

I won't be around myself this evening, so hopefully Ponster will be on.

If not, you're all big boys and I'm sure you'll get tactics sorted!

Oh, and Happy Fathers day all you fathers in the clan )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Not available this evening guys, I have a softball match all the way out in Marlay Park so won't be home till around 10 I'd say.

Advertisement