Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I love mediums as are the most fun in game with my play style

I always put Vents\Rammer\Vertical Stabiliser on all Mediums as firing speed and accuracy are key to survival

the only exception to that is the t44 where a wet ammo rack is a necessity due to your ammo rack going boom every 6th battle

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

k99_64 wrote: »
    Ok, im just concentrating on getting a high tier medium tank started from scratch yesterday.

Onto t-34 now.

Me too... I'm finding the russian mediums loads of fun. The t-34 with the 57mm ZIS gun is like a machine gun... you can get 3 good hits into someone before they work out where you are

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

May be late today but hope to be home around 19:30

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭killaspec

Not sure if this has been covered yet have seen all the skins but I would like to know if it is possible to cover my tanks with camouflage skin and is there anyone that can explain how I can do this .

Many thanks

Killerspec

go here to download your skins

but there is no camo pack available now, you will just have to manually go through the skins and pick the ones you like

for example I have this skin on my T34-85

so if you want to install this skin

Locate your World of Tanks install folder

default folder is

C:/Games/World_of_Tanks_closed_Beta

Open the “res” folder then “vehicles”

Inside the three folders “German” “American” and “Russian” you’ll find folders for every vehicle in the game

Open the folder for the corresponding tank and inside you will see some .dds files these are the tank skins

Before you replace the original files always make a backup folder with all of the following files inside (.dds)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

killaspec wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been covered yet have seen all the skins but I would like to know if it is possible to cover my tanks with camouflage skin and is there anyone that can explain how I can do this .

Many thanks

Killerspec
    And keep in mind you are the only one that see the skins sadly (or I'd run around with manga skins on every tank!)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

my is-7 in urban cammo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

We don't want a repeat of yesterday guys!!

8303a_thumb.jpg

85963_thumb.jpg

58c70_thumb.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

9b965.jpg

OK, though we do now have 45 members, I can still only arrange 2 battles for today.

Reason being the latest member didn't join until last night, so there's still 9 hours until that chip is available.

From tomorrow, we should be able to schedule 3 :)

• Advertisement

on holidays for the next two weeks but Sionnach is going to use my account on clan wars because my Pershing is fully kitted out

Auvers wrote: »
    on holidays for the next two weeks but Sionnach is going to use my account on clan wars because my Pershing is fully kitted out

Did you not get a Patton for it?

Did you not get a Patton for it?

nope that was my T23 and Sionnach has a Pershing also but its stock

plus I want him to grind my IS & Pershing for the 5x bonus while I am away

Auvers wrote: »
    nope that was my T23 and Sionnach has a Pershing also but its stock

Ah I get ya.

3 matches scheduled for this evening!

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001680-B-IE/battles/

Ireland, Portugal, and Tebessa.

Well done lads, two very good wins tonight.

Well, the first was against a T2. lol.

Ther second was against a striong team with more players, as we only had 11. Excellent win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

We don't want a repeat of yesterday guys!!

8303a_thumb.jpg

So, did you win?

:pac:

Croatia, Ireland, and Tébessa for tonight lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

maybe, sorry but cant confirm till mcuh later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Won't be on tonight as I'm stuck in work plus my pc is acting up big time and I really need to spend an evening sorting it out.

Looks like I'll miss tonights game or come on late due to work

Nody wrote: »
    Looks like I'll miss tonights game or come on late due to work

Ah bugger. Hopefully one or more will be late so you can make it.

Have you ever actually missed one??

Have you ever actually missed one??
    Think I've missed 3 or 4 nights at least but I do my best to make them if I can :)

An update to a new requirement for joining the CW battles:

If you are online and not in the CW tank company and clicked ready 5 minutes before the battle starts you are not joining that battle. It does not matter who you are, what tank you drive or how few people are in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

elaborate?

copeyhagen wrote: »
    elaborate?

Basically the team will be closed when the counter reaches 5 minutes before each match.

Its impossible to arrange and organise when pplayers are hopping in and out or jumping out to have a quick battle and hetting their tanks locked in normal battles etc.

If you want to participate in clan wars, be in the battle chat and ready at least 5 minutes before the battle.

No exceptions.

This is effective immediately.

ah ok, thats fair enough.

also, a ready check with a minute to go is a good idea, as people tend to click ready then go afk

Also, from Monday - teamspeak will be a requirement for clan wars. You don't necessarily need a mic, but to be logged in and able to listen is the most important.

We go to the trouble of devising a tactic, and then some players that aren't in TS, or don't read what has been typed go off on their own accord and ruins the whole thing!

From an organisational point of view, to be in the battle and ready 5 mins beforehand, and to be on TS are vital.

On that note, it is unlikely I'll make battles this evening.

• Advertisement

i could be at trannyformers myself

Advertisement