Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Interview about upcoming changes to clanwars.
    http://forums.goharu.com/showthread.php?p=152#post152
    GoHa.Ru: Well, we still have a lot of questions: For example, how long will the tank be "Frozen" for tanks such as tier 10 heavy tanks, tier 9 medium tanks and tier 8 artillery... will it be different for each of them? Will any destroyed tank be frozen, or is it only applicable for the tanks of the defeated team? Will this system operate during landing tournaments? And probably the most important question - when will this system be introduced?

Kirill Mal: I cannot definitively say how long each vehicle will be frozen for. It is a matter of fine-tuning, what I can say is that a destroyed tier 10 heavy tank will be locked for a couple of days. There will be no distinction between winning and losing, both will be locked, there will be no freezing after landing tournament encounters. The Final battle against the owner of the landing zone will be considered as a fight for the province and vehicles will be locked on defeat.
    This system is seen as a priority and thus we work on it very hard. I think it will be introduced somewhere around autumn.
    Might make it a bit easier for us if we ever get to fight the owner of a province. But it'd also make it hard for us to keep the province the next evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Might make it a bit easier for us if we ever get to fight the owner of a province. But it'd also make it hard for us to keep the province the next evening.

Bloody hell that's the most stupid addition to Clan Wars. I'd rather keep it the way it is now.

All this will do is to further favour the super clans who will have plenty of tanks in reserve.

This will serve to further alienate the smaller clans like ours who will end up forming a tier 7 team against a pack of the usual tier 10's.

Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Locked for a couple of days? That's insane. It makes draws more beneficial as everyone camps and the timer ticks out rather than risk destruction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If this goes through we can expect to play CW every couple of nights then or everyone will have to grind up to have AT LEAST two top tier back up Medium or Heavy + arty (beyond what ever else you play normally and that is assuming we're talking only 3 days lock out, longer and you can start adding to the list). This also goes beyond the storage space you'll need in your garage for having a few spare tanks "just in case".

I guess I should be happy I'm in Russian heavy (I'll get two Heavy tier X with my IS-7 and IS-4) but the idea is so effing stupid. It fixes nothing and only confirms you should be a mega clan with 100 members with at least 50 tier Xs to be "competitive". It also makes people going to be even more chicken **** in attacking provinces in case they lose which will make the CW even more stale then now (if that's possible).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Chance for a final tonight but we're lacking people, battle starts at 20:08/20:12, please get online, NOW!

• Advertisement

Rules of Engagement

These will be actively enforced from tonight.

Main points:

1. No TS, no clan match for you.

2. Not into special battle before 5minutes on timer, no clan match for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

what if somebody rushes home from work, gets into special battle with 1 min left and number are low?!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what if somebody rushes home from work, gets into special battle with 1 min left and number are low?!!

There can of course be exceptions, such as to players who regularly turn up on time, and don't arse about :) As stated in the rules, its commanders discretion.

I will say this though - if you just logged into the game, and came straight into the battle below the 5 minutes, that will most likely be allowed (as you weren't on).

However, if you are already in game, have been informed via the chat of the time, and then try to jump in with a couple of minutes to spare - no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Sorry I wasn't on tonight guy's. Had to work late:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

G-spec wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't on tonight guy's. Had to work late:(

You missed us get three wins and reach a final.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You missed us get three wins and reach a final.

And play exceptionally well while doing so.

There was a great team spirit - and a couple of the new lads made great additions to our 'squad'.

We're definitely getting to the required standard - I think we have the players, just not the required amount of high tier tanks yet.

Debrief 11th & 13th July

Just a little note to everyone who has played this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have a vk3600 and a positive win percentage, could I get involved? I hope to have a tiger soon also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have a vk3600 and a positive win percentage, could I get involved? I hope to have a tiger soon also.

Of course !

You can apply here...

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001680/

I'm not seeing an application button, I am in NA so does that affect it?

I'm not seeing an application button, I am in NA so does that affect it?

Yes, it's an EU server clan.

Is there any way a player registered on the US server can play with an EU clan?

Is there any way a player registered on the US server can play with an EU clan?

You'll need the EU client and an EU account.

Lol, they have a separate client and all? It'll be a deal breaker I'm afraid if I lose my current NA server tanks.

Lol, they have a separate client and all? It'll be a deal breaker I'm afraid if I lose my current NA server tanks.

The only difference is a small config change, but you'll start with a blank account no matter what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

We're having a slightly earlier match today at 6:30 for those that can make it.

Well done on yesterdays matches lads - getting to a Landing Battle with the owner of the province was no mean feat.

We came through some incredibly tough matches, when out-tanked, and took a couple of big scalps along the way.

When tactics weren't enough any more, we resorted to grit, determination, skill and pure desire to win.

And we proved not only are we decent competition for ANYONE, but we've not got far to go before we'll start winning some land.

We proved we've got the players (that's something noone can deny) but we may be just a few tanks short.

So well done again everyone - and to the 2 brand new recruits that took part too.

I'm forced to wonder if a tank destroyer, even a tier 9 one like a JagdTiger, is really that useful. Aside from a particularly nasty rush where I took on and defeated a Maus and a VK4502 singlehandedly (yay! for me by the way), many other matches pass without me firing a single round. Would another T-54 or tier 10 heavy be better?

I'm forced to wonder if a tank destroyer, even a tier 9 one like a JagdTiger, is really that useful. Aside from a particularly nasty rush where I took on and defeated a Maus and a VK4502 singlehandedly (yay! for me by the way), many other matches pass without me firing a single round. Would another T-54 or tier 10 heavy be better?
    Depends on map; a TD defending our base when we're risking to get pushed (i.e. any battle short of a land grab) is close to mandatory because we've seen it often enough (and done it ourselves).

It is similar with were we place the Mauses, spotting from the valley etc. It is not a case of expecting to see it every fight but if they do come we need to spot it to counter it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Aside from a particularly nasty rush where I took on and defeated a Maus and a VK4502 singlehandedly (yay! for me by the way)

I saw that! +1Yay!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73354419#post73354419

An official Boards.ie TS servers is up. Do we move?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73354419#post73354419

An official Boards.ie TS servers is up. Do we move?

I think we should, yes.

Far more privacy and control.

We'll show boards were an extremely active clan too.

I already posted on that thread and asked Shim to sort our channel out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 uncleseano

how do I join?

uncleseano wrote: »
    how do I join?

Hi Uncleseano,

Please apply on this page, and then create an account here.

Just so you know, we are an 18+ clan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

What is expected of members btw? Is there an activity/participation requirement?

Advertisement