Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

19 May 2011 year Thursday

13:26 - 13:31 Clan Pirates applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".
    13:26 - 13:31 Clan Die Rinbratzer vom 3DCenter applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".
    13:26 - 13:31 Clan Rusty Division - Stahlfreier Rost applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".

The turn ends in 17 minutes. I guess then we find out who we're up against ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote: »
    19 May 2011 year Thursday

13:26 - 13:31 Clan Pirates applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".
    13:26 - 13:31 Clan Die Rinbratzer vom 3DCenter applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".
    13:26 - 13:31 Clan Rusty Division - Stahlfreier Rost applied for landing in province "Republic of Ireland".

The turn ends in 17 minutes. I guess then we find out who we're up against ?

Why would two German clans want Ireland?

And I'm a field commander now? You should know I don't deal well with responsiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    Why would two German clans want Ireland?

And I'm a field commander now? You should know I don't deal well with responsiblity.

Those krafty Krauts have been after us since 1939.

I just applied again for us there, and it didn't give any warning saying we'd already applied...

It really should show your own clan in the applicant list

**edit

9 mins to see if it worked (it does show our chips on RoI alright).

yep. I'm 99% sure that we've applied but yes, it should really list us also.

I have to say WoT is really turning into an epic game.

Sure, its not perfect, but damn they're innovative in the game types, competitions, challenges etc

This really adds another dimension to a game that I've never experienced before.

• Advertisement

Oh come on and calculate the results!!

The suspense is killing me :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

them Germans are at it again lol

We are the smallest of the 5 clans now going for Ireland.

They've fixed it. New 30 minute count down timer.

We have now applied for the landing. (chips turn red on the map).

5 clans have applied:

159598.png

**edit

Oh, Erlenberg is going to be the map representing Ireland. Farking hate that map.

We'll need 1 or 2 good SPG players, at least one fast scout, and heavy hitting mediums / heavy's / TD's as the rest for this map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

when is the first battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my kv with 107 and 100% crew is avilable for it..like that map too

wtf is up with ze germans going for ireland

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    my kv with 107 and 100% crew is avilable for it..like that map too

wtf is up with ze germans going for ireland

As I said, they've been after us wince WWII!!!

Maybe they're looking for the weapons back that Mick & the lads took from them in the 1910's lol
    Auvers: when is the first battle?

Its says 7.30pm, UTC. I think that's 6.30pm here :( Stupid. They should have it so all the battles happen around 8 or 9pm local time for that location on the map.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

OttoVonBis wrote: »
    them Germans are at it again lol

We are the smallest of the 5 clans now going for Ireland.
    Well since the games are capped at 15 people it should not matter ('cause if we lose we get all chips back directly).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Heavy tank: 100% crew, 80% repair/camo KV with 107mm as preferred (5% experience, camo net, -10% reload time)
    Heavy tank: 90% crew, 50% repair (transfer crew) IS-3 with the second 122mm gun (-10% reload time, -10% accuracy timer, camo net)
    Arty: 78% crew SU-54 (decent hit but oh so painful ROF) (camo net)
    TD: tier 5 85% German TD with the 85mm gun (can't remember the name of it, the one before Jagdpanter) with camo net, +25% vision range when standing still

All have all upgrades*

*Arty don't have the 203mm, IS-3 don't have the final gun or the final radio

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Its says 7.30pm, UTC. I think that's 6.30pm here :( Stupid. They should have it so all the battles happen around 8 or 9pm local time for that location on the map.

Er, that's 8.30pm.

Yep, 8:30pm in Ireland, 9:30 for me.

This page should be updated soon :

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001680/battles/

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Yeah, day change over is at 12am UTC which currently translates to 1am over here.

I must say before I started playing WoT I never heard of UTC time.

I'd certainly like to bring my Grille into the first battle (but its only Tier 4). I'm pretty good with it if I do say so myself.

Here is what I'd propose for the line-up:

2 SPG's
    3 Scouts
    2 High Tier Heavy for defensive purposes
    3 TD's (on sniper duty)
    2 Heavy's for attack
    3 High tier meds for marauding and spearheading the eventual attack.

Erlenberg is a map that IMO requires you to decimate the opposition before making your move, similar to Malinovka.

SPG's can win or lose the battle there.

**edit, phew! thankfully I got UTC and GMT the wrong way around! 8.30pm is perfect :)

Best make it clear I'm not available until the weekend due to work times.

Spear wrote: »
    Er, that's 8.30pm.
    Yep, 8:30pm in Ireland, 9:30 for me.

This page should be updated soon :

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001680/battles/

Apart from Croatia. Ireland has the most applications...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

damn I cant join the clan for two days :(

I would of been well up for tonight

• Advertisement

I'd certainly like to bring my Grille into the first battle (but its only Tier 4).

I could be wrong but the rules don't state that the tank has to be over Tier V but that the players has to have played at least one game with a a Tier V tank to qualify.

Noone has applied to land in Northern Ireland.

Should we sneakily throw our 3 reserves up there and see if we get it without a fight? (for day 1, you don't need to land on a landing zone I discovered)

I could be wrong but the rules don't state that the tank has to be over Tier V but that the players has to have played at least one game with a a Tier V tank to qualify.

Actually yes, you're correct. I'm getting ahead of myself here :D

I'll gladly bring my Grille to bear on the Krauts.

Boom boom boom.

So eh - Teamspeak?

I can run a server, and give the IP later on?

We really need to know how many are gonna be available for later

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I think you have to have 15 members (each with a tier 5 or above tank) in each assault landing. So a clan like ours with 21 members can only attack one area at a time.

Apart from Croatia. Ireland has the most applications...

I was going to suggest it's maybe because Ireland is relatively defensible and has limited approaches, but Croatia has loads more avenues of attack.

Did they ever add in-game VoIP ?

I think you have to have 15 members (each with a tier 5 or above tank) in each assault landing. So a clan like ours with 21 members can only attack one area at a time.

Hmm. Seems you can only do that when you have your HQ set up.

We need our own clan logo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tommba

I wonder if you can join the battles with companies less than 15 (if everyone isn't online), hopefully you can.

I have a maus, so unless the other clan has alot of tier 8+ or high level artillery then it's pretty much a steamroll. :p Maus was good before patch, after patch it's pretty insane. :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement