Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The Final
    On Our side.
    Maus, Lowe, IS-3, Object 212 (arty), JPanther, KV-3, 2 KV, T1 Heavy, Churchill, Hummel (arty), Grille (arty), PanzerIII and my Sherman E8.

In enemy side
    3 IS-7, a Maus, 3 T-30, 3 IS-4, Pershing, 2 M40/43 (arty), 2 Object 212 (arty). :eek:

We killed 1 IS-7.

I managed 6% damage on the Pershing with my Sherman E8. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Final
    On Our side.
    Maus, Lowe, IS-3, Object 212 (arty), JPanther, KV-3, 2 KV, T1 Heavy, Churchill, Hummel (arty), Grille (arty), PanzerIII and my Sherman E8.

In enemy side
    3 IS-7, a Maus, 3 T-30, 3 IS-4, Pershing, 2 M40/43 (arty), 2 Object 212 (arty). :eek:

We killed 1 IS-7.

I managed 6% damage on the Pershing with my Sherman E8. :)

Yeah, that was never going to end well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    So we're not friends with Pirates after this I take it?
    Funnily enough they only ended up with Ireland and Scotland (they where contesting 5 areas if I remember correctly) so chances are we'd face a similar line up if we went for Ireland tonight. Having said that the Duba invasion point (down at Egypt) is owned by "The old gits army", we beat them last night if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

So I see we're going to fight for Tébessa tonight in the Mediterranean.

We'll be playing Hell Hounds.

This is one of only 2 places on the entire map where noone had applied to land & attack. The other being the next landing zone to the west, Tlemcen against Steel Worms.

Might try and figure out which team is the weakest (though as both teams are similar sizes to our own, I reckon we'd have a good chance against either).

Would be nice to get a foothold somewhere, just a pity we came up against a very strong team last night, after pretty much walking through the first 2 matches.

I did manage to get the 107mm for my KV last night, so may give that a run out instead of my Grille - depending on who we have playing for us tonight.

It was great fun last night, and finally getting to speak to everyone!

I'd urge people to download Teamspeak, as it works a LOT better than the ingame chat (which in fairness isn't bad if we were stuck).

The TS server may not have the same IP address, but will have the same name, so maybe search for that in the Server List. (think its called DG2 - but I'll check later).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

wp to everyone, first two games were good craic, even though we steam rolled through them!

will have a few upgrades tonight for all my tanks.
    i have to go to my mams after work so ill grab my mic too.

try get everyone to use ts tonight.

will it be same time approx?

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    wp to everyone, first two games were good craic, even though we steam rolled through them!

will have a few upgrades tonight for all my tanks.
    i have to go to my mams after work so ill grab my mic too.

try get everyone to use ts tonight.

will it be same time approx?

It will be the same time, as it's apparently in the same WoT time zone. So if everyone could be on by 8-ish that would be great.

TS will be up as soon as I get home (about 7-ish) so if everyone wants to check the IP I gave last night (I havent turned off my router, so I'm assuming I'll have the same IP).

Ok quick update.

There are two better gold reward sites available to invade - Sicily & Cyprus.

Both owned by the 'Croatian Army Clan'. They only have about 32 members, so thats a max of 16 per site (meaning their resources will be spread thin).

I've scoped them out, and they have a few Tier 7/8 heavy's and mediums, and the rest are mostly Tier 5 or 6 and below. So similar enough strength to ourselves - if they're spread between their 2 bases, we'll have an advantage.

I think these should be our targets, what you guys reckon? Both sites offer 240 gold.

Would anyone have any objection if I moved our focus point to either Sicily or Cyprus?

There is now also another clan 'Easy Company' applied for Tébessa, so another reason to attack the other places.

Sicily will be at the same time, so that would be my choice.

I think Ptegan will have to change it should we decide, as I don't seem to have the option to remove the chips from Tébessa.

Bugger.

We won't be able to move our point of attack in time. It will be 22 turns before they become movable again, which will be after the match. It appears you can't change your mind within 24 hours if the chips have gone red (1 turn after chosing to attack somewhere).

We need to think this through a bit more lol

ok, so were stuck attacking our original plan for tonight? sure we should still do well.

what map is it?

clan matches had added a new dimension to the game, instead of just grinding on your own every night or in a small company, we get proper matches.

ok, so were stuck attacking our original plan for tonight? sure we should still do well.

what map is it?

clan matches had added a new dimension to the game, instead of just grinding on your own every night or in a small company, we get proper matches.

Yep, we have to attack Tébessa tonight.

Map is: Él Halluf

So TD's, SPG's and long range accurate guns at the ready!

So everyone purchase coated optics etc for tonight - long range spotting is a must! Pick your tanks with the longest view range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

damn I still cant join the clan until tomorrow :(

oh and heres a hint for long range guns, press capslock and zero when in a game and you get blue aim server crosshair which shows the real Spread of your shells server side

• Advertisement

nice tip auvers

hmmm, i have the first 122mm unlocked on the su-152 but its crap, dare i say the kv3 would be better with the 107mm and the coated optics and cammo net...

the su has 50% cammo and 100% crew though, with a few extra goodies...

Auvers wrote: »
    damn I still cant join the clan until tomorrow :(

oh and heres a hint for long range guns, press capslock and zero when in a game and you get blue aim server crosshair which shows the real Spread of your shells server side

Surely that's a bug / glitch?

Surely that's a bug / glitch?

Dunno maybe it was a bit development code forgotten about, but its part of the game and not a 3rd Party Tool

so I presume its okay to use or the devs would of disabled it

some Russian video with the crosshair (one minute in)

Dunno maybe it was a bit development code forgotten about, but its part of the game and not a 3rd Party Tool

so I presume its okay to use or the devs would of disabled it

I've honestly never seen that before. Will give it a go later!

**edit

That is effing super cool. I wonder what effect it would have on SPG's? (though obviously its of more benefit in motion)

That is effing super cool. I wonder what effect it would have on SPG's? (though obviously its of more benefit in motion)

I thought everyone knew about this :)

here is a thread on the WOT forums about it

as I dont play with SPGS heres quote from the thread regarding SPGs

"It works in SPG´s Topview-mode too and virtually erases these " why did my shell land outside of the green Circle " Moments"
    (though obviously its of more benefit in motion)

nope it works brilliantly in sniper mode

I thought everyone knew about this :)

here is a thread on the WOT forums about it

as I dont play with SPGS heres quote from the thread regarding SPGs

"It works in SPG´s Topview-mode too and virtually erases these " why did my shell land outside of the green Circle " Moments"

nope it works brilliantly in sniper mode

[mr burns] Excellent...[/mr burns]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

just to throw my hat in the ring here

Ive an su-76, su-26, pz2 luchs, pz3, and a pz4 if they're of any use (prob too low in the tiers though?). Could pick up a su-85b at short notice also.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow, looks like a Developer's tool that they forgot to take out and have realised that fixing it will cause uproar! I'm definitely using that, my T-46's 76mm isn't as accurate as I'd like :)

More and more clans are applying for other landings, including Malta & Sicily, where a number of clans have applied.

So in a way, we're doing better where we are, as we'll only have 1 batle before being able to take on the owners.

Looks like we'll only be facing Easy Company (in the landing battle).

will we have the maus on again tonight?

anyone know what nationality pirates are?

we need everyone to bring the biggest tanks they have, or the best equipped / whichever theyre best with tonight!

• Advertisement

we need everyone to bring the biggest tanks they have, or the best equipped / whichever theyre best with tonight!

Havent heard who's available tonight, so we probably won't know what we have until later on.

Pirates are a mixed bunch - Argentina, Indonesia, Germany etc etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/12960-pirates/

Probably one of the best European-based WoT teams

Who was it had the Maus? **edit - it was exbuzzz. Who has a fantastic array of high tier vehicles! (and is our Diplomat - nothing like a Maus to help diplomatic relations lol)

We definitely have a better chance this evening of gaining a base against the two teams we have to fight so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd best get working towards my Jagdtiger then.

I'd best get working towards my Jagdtiger then.

Your Jagdpanther is pretty capable in fairness ;) (or your Lowe for that matter).

Think we have about 4 or 5 guys with the Lowe. We should sent them all out together to cause havok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Damn it, I wish these were streamed or some kind of realtime reporting.
    *cough*TS3 server*cough*.

Nody wrote: »
    *cough*TS3 server*cough*.

Pretty sure that's gonna sound odd in work.

We have another challenger to contend with.

The Vicious Bastards Spaniards

ESPAÑOLES VICIOSOS

So with 3 teams now having applied to land, 1 team will get a bye, and only have to fight one match to take on the owner.

Pleaselet us have a bye!

Hmm, these lads seem a little odd.

They have 47 members, most of whom haven't gotten past tier5.

A good load of them are still on Tier 1 lol

I'm not sure they even have 15 with at least a Tier 5 tank, so I'm wondering (as they've had a lot of brand new players the last couple of days) if these guys all have second accounts?

Futile attempt to build up clan numbers, and take part in more battles, as each one will have to progress to Tier 5 before they can participate.

Good way of farming gold though, which can be transferred to their main account.

• Advertisement

Ok, we have another team to contend with now - so 4 in total.

Polish team,

[PPKI] Pierwszy Polski Korpus Inwazyjny

34 members, and a host of high tier tanks. Toughest team to apply for the same landing so far.

They also don;t own anywhere yet, so these guys will bring all their big guns. Hope we avoid them in the 1/4 final.

Advertisement