Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

what the feck??? that has got to be the most complicated, daft way of doing it. But I suppose it does mean that people are limited to attacking neighbours to once a day.

From reading the forums it seems that the 24 hour notice for attacks is not accurate. It's possible to declare an attack on a province 1 min before the end of a turn (for example at 20:45) giving the defending team zero time to assign chips to defend the province.

May come in handy for us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Auvers wrote: »
    damn I still cant join the clan until tomorrow :(

oh and heres a hint for long range guns, press capslock and zero when in a game and you get blue aim server crosshair which shows the real Spread of your shells server side

no wonder the first shot from my TD never (ever) hit... the green rings have been blatently lying to me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

For those at work.

It was a defeat.

That is all. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

anyone with lag problems tonight?

I got home at 8:05 thinking that the game was at 8:15 like last night.

some sort of a warning system would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ponster wrote: »
    I got home at 8:05 thinking that the game was at 8:15 like last night.

some sort of a warning system would be nice.

We were well beaten, only had 11 I think, they had 15, and a full compliment of hightier heavy's and TD's.

I didn't spot that team earlier, so they must have only applied for the landing inthe last few hours.

AH well. Another day, another battle!

Roll on tomorrow!

I think we should wait until about an hour or less before the battles go ahead, and chose where we want to attack.

Probably won't make a difference, but at least it will seem like we're putting a bit of thought into it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I am completely baffled by this game, I thought you had to have a Tier 5 tank to enter? If so how come I was able to join in with a Tier 4 tank? I ended up jumping back out again cause I thought I might've been taking a slot from someone with a properly eligible tank.

Also, could whichever numpty who was having a full conversation with someone in their house learn to use the fraking push to talk button on Team Speak? :mad: Couldn't hear anything from the fight because of that. Seriously, it's common sense and basic good manners.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kharn wrote: »
    I am completely baffled by this game, I thought you had to have a Tier 5 tank to enter? If so how come I was able to join in with a Tier 4 tank? I ended up jumping back out again cause I thought I might've been taking a slot from someone with a properly eligible tank.

A player counts as a chip if they have at least one battle in a tier 5 tank on their record. I presume it's to stop team stuffing/ringers. But a tier 5 tank isn't actually required during the match. Or at least that's my minimal understanding.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    A player counts as a chip if they have at least one battle in a tier 5 tank on their record. I presume it's to stop team stuffing/ringers. But a tier 5 tank isn't actually required during the match. Or at least that's my minimal understanding.

Thats exactly it.

I've played the 3 matches we've had in a Grill - Tier 4.

Once you have a Tier 5 tank, or at least had one at some point and played at least 1 battle in it - you're eligible.

After that, you could jump in a loltraktor / ms1 whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭JamBur

Irishjabu here, the guy in the Churchill in the uber ass rape last night:) I'm having problens with the battle scheduling. Surely it would be better to have them at a regular time. I missed the stuff today.

Addictive game

JamBur wrote: »
    Irishjabu here, the guy in the Churchill in the uber ass rape last night:) I'm having problens with the battle scheduling. Surely it would be better to have them at a regular time. I missed the stuff today.

Addictive game

I try to keep this thread as updated as I can, along with Ponster.

Its all we can do!

Everyone should maybe check on the battle site, it will tell you what time the match is at (in UTC, so add 1 hour).

Clan Wars Map Page
    159764.JPG

My mistake in thinking that the games would be on the same times daily.

Take it that the matches will be on about 8pm-ish each evening. As Dublin said we'll keep this thread updated and I'll PM people if the match is much earlier or later.

I think that we'll stage a match daily for those that can fight no matter how many turn up.

My mistake in thinking that the games would be on the same times daily.

Take it that the matches will be on about 8pm-ish each evening. As Dublin said we'll keep this thread updated and I'll PM people if the match is much earlier or later.

I think that we'll stage a match daily for those that can fight no matter how many turn up.

Ah definitely we'll try get a match each day. It may even encourage more people to come along more often.

I had an application for membershipo to the clan from this guy:

dsafrf341

I didn't know who it was, so sent him a mail back. I take it you accepted the invite?

The more we have, the better chance of filling a full team for each game.

We actually did ok this evening against a much stronger team, who had 4 more players.

Its a game of attrition though, so we eventually lost out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dsafrf341

I didn't know who it was, so sent him a mail back. I take it you accepted the invite?

He doesn't have a match in a tier 5 though.

He doesn't have a match in a tier 5 though.

I noticed that. But that doesn't matter. He won't be able to battle until he does, but we have 3 members already that haven't reached tier 5 yet.

I noticed that. But that doesn't matter. He won't be able to battle until he does, but we have 3 members already that haven't reached tier 5 yet.

We should probably insist on them being boards members though. Otherwise we've got complete strangers going tanking under the boards.ie name and I can't imagine the community manager types will be too delighted at that.

We should probably insist on them being boards members though. Otherwise we've got complete strangers going tanking under the boards.ie name and I can't imagine the community manager types will be too delighted at that.

That was the reason I didn't accept him. I sent him a message asking who he was, if he was a member, and where he heard about us.

I can only assume Ponster knows him. (or its a member here with a completely different WoT nick).

Kinda know him but if it comes to having to turn players away because they aren't members then I'll just change the clan name to something else.

Beggers can't be choosers. All players should be following this thread and should IMHO be members to post if they need to.

• Advertisement

This is how a clan fights :

Kinda know him but if it comes to having to turn players away because they aren't members then I'll just change the clan name to something else.

Beggers can't be choosers. All players should be following this thread and should IMHO be members to post if they need to.

Totally agree.

I think we should have stuck with Tanks.ie lol

Maybe we could get some clarification from somebody as to usage of the Boards.ie name - i.e if we're representing boards, do members have to be a member of boards etc

I know the upper echelon here can be sticklers for some things.

But as I was saying to Ponster earlier in game, I'd certainly rather not be restricted on who we can accept - the more members we have, the better, and we seem to be the only Irish based clan for WoT. (that I've seen anyway, correct me if I'm wrong).

I suppose I was just being careful earlier with the application, maybe overly so.

I'd also rather we're not tied down by any 'red tape' (if any even exists) - were here for a bit of craic, playing a game we enjoy with others that enjoy it, and that's the main reason for having a clan IMO

Maybe we could get some clarification from somebody as to usage of the Boards.ie name - i.e if we're representing boards, do members have to be a member of boards etc

The current official statement is:

2) You would apply the same sort of guidelines to it as we have here on boards in relation to how people interact.

In effect, if you've got our name, you may find yourself subject to our rules. We will not be policing the internet, but if someone brings something to the attention of the Admins that has the boards.ie name attached to it and/or is being actively promoted on boards.ie, we *may* deem it appropriate to take action on our site arising from it (this would only be on a case by case basis as we don't see the need to have a definitive "rule" about it). In the past we have taken action against people who have harassed others in pubs on social nights out or who have taken to abuse others via another site cause they know they'd be banned for doing so here.

The current official statement is:

2) You would apply the same sort of guidelines to it as we have here on boards in relation to how people interact.

In effect, if you've got our name, you may find yourself subject to our rules. We will not be policing the internet, but if someone brings something to the attention of the Admins that has the boards.ie name attached to it and/or is being actively promoted on boards.ie, we *may* deem it appropriate to take action on our site arising from it (this would only be on a case by case basis as we don't see the need to have a definitive "rule" about it). In the past we have taken action against people who have harassed others in pubs on social nights out or who have taken to abuse others via another site cause they know they'd be banned for doing so here.

Well for the moment I wouldn't even be thinking of rule breeches etc - we're not going to babysit.

It was more along the lines of can we have non-boardsies as members of the clan? (now obviously, common sense prevails, if someones brother, or friend who's not a boardsie wants to join, I would deem that perfectly ok) but what about random clan applications? People with neither a connection to boards, or any tanks.ie member?

Personally, I think that would be ok, once again provided the members do conduct themselves in a fashion not only representative of boards - but our clan too. I'm sure noone in the clan is going to tolerate someone being an AH.

If this is going to be a long term clan, and we do start to build the numbers up, well then obviously we'd have to move into the more formal clan territory, with a charter and rules to be adhered to.

Are there any other 'boards.ie' representative clans for other games that have a decent member count?

I suppose in a way it could be akin to the sports teams on boards. Not necessarily all boards members, but must conduct themselves in a fashion expected of a representaive of boards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Simply apply the boards.ie rule "Don't be a dick" and have three people who're judges for it. Don't think it needs to be taken further then that atm :)

good stuff in the clan at last :) thanks

but the lack of a cap on tiers in clan wars is putting me off, how is a clan like ours going to compete against 15 tier X tanks?

I thought there was going to be a points system based on weight so there would be a mixture of tiers in a clan battle, hopefully this will be implemented or clan wars will only be the preserve of hardcore players with no life whatsoever

> hopefully this will be implemented

It's not going to be I'm afraid.

I agree. It's almost pointless at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

Yeah I don't see them deviating from the current trend of letting clans fight with all their high tier hardware in the one place.

From the games companies point of view they offer tier VIII tanks for players who are willing to fork out 7.5K gold on one (like me for instance) which came into being with the advent of Clan Wars. These tanks are not perfect but they are capable of going toe to toe with the heaviest of enemies. If you play very regularly you will either grind up to VIII or you will splash out 25 quid on a tier VIII.

They have to make money to make the game feasable. While it is not "fair" on the general mass of people in clans who dont have high tier vehicles, it is not a problem for players who contribute to the community either in cash or in the time they spend playing which is rewarded with nice big ass tanks.

I think they would be crazy not to do it like they way they are doing it. If our clan has put in the effort of getting a Maus for every player then we should get to field the lot in any given game.

Ohh yeah, I should mention that in order to get up to Tier 10 you would have to play for a very long time indeed! I just bought meself a big one for Clan Wars as I knew it was gonna take me bloody ages to get up to high tier - I am still crap in it as I haven't really earned it properly in my opinion.

@Otto

thats fine but I had a t-54 and IS4 in the beta and i enjoyed them but playing them night after night in Clan Wars would get pretty stale very quickly, I also have a wife and child so I don't have the time or money (€10 a month is enough) to be sitting at my PC grinding for a Tier X tank

how about Clan Wars Lite with a weight limit on the company where you would only get a fraction of the gold that is available in the fully fledged Clan Wars

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    @Otto

thats fine but I had a t-54 and IS4 in the beta and i enjoyed them but playing them night after night in Clan Wars would get pretty stale very quickly, I also have a wife and child so I don't have the time or money (€10 a month is enough) to be sitting at my PC grinding for a Tier X tank

how about Clan Wars Lite with a weight limit on the company where you would only get a fraction of the gold that is available in the fully fledged Clan Wars

Me too, very same.

TOdays TS3 IP: 85.91.30.198

password is the same as the last few days.

Alternatively, search for 'Dublin_Gunner1' in the TS3 server list - obviously filter just Ireland. (this way you never need to know the IP)

Advertisement