Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 OttoVonBis

"how about Clan Wars Lite with a weight limit on the company where you would only get a fraction of the gold that is available in the fully fledged Clan Wars"

That's a good idea. Personally I would prefer to play matches balanced by points over the Clan Wars heaveyfest.

I was hoping that eventually we would get enough ppl daily online to do some Company matches. Clan Wars is all right but as said it will get pretty stale quick if we have to bash our heads off a wall every match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ponster wrote: »
    > hopefully this will be implemented

It's not going to be I'm afraid.

I agree. It's almost pointless at the moment.
    I think a lot will depend on the next month and how things play out. Atm it is a mad scramble for room on the map; anyone who missed the day 1 fiasco (i.e. announcing after many clans locked themselves in on a starting point) has to use a very limited choke point to get through to "proper" land. Now if we end up with a handful of clans holding every chokepoint and it goes no where I think the devs will do something simply because so many people will not be able to participate in a cornerstone of their plan (which is another reason why they are all low gold, they are not intended to held forever by the top clans but rather be a newbie starting ground).

Now we hate it when we got roflstomped by we did the same as well on Monday night in our first two games. The fact we can't even get 15 people online to participate is more of an issue then the tier of the enemy tanks at the moment. Our tanks will go up in tier consistently over time, there is a hardcap at tier 10 after all; our participation on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Having a full team is paramount to being successful. Doesnt matter the tier having 15 on and you have a chance.

Match is 6.37PM sharp!!

Please try get on at least 10 mins beforehand!

6.37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They list the times very confusingly!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I can't make it. GFX card problems that I'm in the middle of fixing. Didn't expect it to be on so early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Game lasted 2 min 20s with 9 (us) vs. 15 and they were tier 8/9 across the board (with us being our usual mix minus the Mauser)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We were *ahem*, not exactly successful there.

Feck it. We didn;t have enough peeps anyway.

Lets see if we can get 15 on at some stage this evening and get a few company battles in for practice.

What ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Feck it. We didn;t have enough peeps anyway.

Lets see if we can get 15 on at some stage this evening and get a few company battles in for practice.

What ya reckon?

I'm up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

So are we attacking anywhere tonight? I've enjoyed our matches so far.

I have us set to attack Balearic Islands.

Map is Lakeville.

Match time: 7pm

I chose here as the team that own it already have 8 provinces, but only 92 members, and all their provinces prime time is 7pm - so they won;t have a full compliment for each zone.

All the landing zones are now owned by really strong teams with 80+ members mostly, so I fear this Clan Wars is going to get stale very quickly, unless we can constantly get 15 tier 7+ vehicles each match.

WoT TS3: 87.198.16.45, or search for 'Dublin_Gunner1' in the server list, obviously filtering for Ireland :) pw is:
    dublints3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Would you guys be interested in a Tank Company fight as practice for the Clan Wars? My own guild (LLoD) are looking to get started, and we're mostly in around the Tier 5/6 mark I think.

It might let us both get a bit of practice in for Company coordination without getting stomped over by top tier groups.

If you're interested, I can toss the idea out to our lot, and see if we can set something up.

Whatcha reckon?

Would you guys be interested in a Tank Company fight as practice for the Clan Wars? My own guild (LLoD) are looking to get started, and we're mostly in around the Tier 5/6 mark I think.

It might let us both get a bit of practice in for Company coordination without getting stomped over by top tier groups.

If you're interested, I can toss the idea out to our lot, and see if we can set something up.

Whatcha reckon?

I'd certainly have no issue. I'd only suggested last night that we should do a few company battles for practice :)

We'd have to arrange a time though, just to be sure we have 15 on.

Obviously, yeah :)

Ok, I think we were looking at trying to get a company battle sorted Wed night. I'll go chat to our lot and see if I can confirm that, and if they're interested in a match up.

Obviously, yeah :)

Ok, I think we were looking at trying to get a company battle sorted Wed night. I'll go chat to our lot and see if I can confirm that, and if they're interested in a match up.

Great. Let us know, and we'll try get something arranged.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mtach4.jpg

Hmmm, I'll try and make it bigger :)

How does 7pm Irish time on Wed evening sound? We have people up to 2 hours ahead, so don't want it starting too late if we can help it.

Tonights Match:

Tebessa, North Africa.

Be online for 7pm sharp.

(I'm gonna leave it until 10am to actually place the chips, as that will give us a full hour to change our minds if we wish).

I have chosen Tebessa,as its El Halluf - it doesn't give as much of an advantage to a marauding tier 8+ heavy team.

TD's and SPG's at the ready!
    Come on guys, we really need to start getting people online or there's no point. We have 25 members, and can't get 15 online for a tournament.

Obviously things come up, and people have things to do etc but to think that less than half of us would be on each day is a little disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

7 PM is way to early for me, I only get to play around 8:30 PM so I am out for tonight

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    7 PM is way to early for me, I only get to play around 8:30 PM so I am out for tonight

The latest time the matches will start is about 7.45 depending on how many have applied for landing, it could be 7.15 or 8 if only a few teams.

Unfortunately the landing tourny's don't start any later than that.

have stated 7pm as that is the time the matches are decided, and its anyones guess after that as to what exact time they will be scheduled for.

OUr first night our match was 8pm iirc, but its been 7.15-7.45 since.

damn its a pity they battles are so early

I have more more member who wants to join, I told him to send an application today his in game name is sionnach101

damn its a pity they battles are so early

I have more more member who wants to join, I told him to send an application today his in game name is sionnach101

Cool. I'll keep an eye out :)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I finish work at 6.30, I`ll fly home but it will be close!

Well I'm gonna leave work early today - with Obama and all that. I work in Dub city centre, so have to detour halfway around the city to get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

probably wont make this - bit tight with dinner time unfort

Wossack wrote: »
    probably wont make this - bit tight with dinner time unfort

Tut tut! Find out exactly what time the match is at by about 7.05 - surely the 5-10mins for the first match won't 'eat' into your dinner time!! :D

Sacrifice for the cause!

I work right beside the American Embassy so how bad can it be later today :pac:

Depends on which direction your headed home I suppose!

I'm just off Grafton street, and live northside - possibly the worst combination!

I'm just off Grafton street, and live northside - possibly the worst combination!

ffs are you my doppelganger

ffs are you my doppelganger

lol The better looking, cooler version though ;) You work near here too?
    Diaster! Thankfully I am going the opposite way so I should avoid all the mess, still going to be close. Thankfully I brought my faster car into work! Go Go gadget speeding!

A yeah you should be ok then. Once you're not going out west you should be fine.

• Advertisement

You work near here too?

yep and have to make it to Abbey Street for 5:30 for the 33x, guess I will head down Pearse Street and prey they haven't closed that road as well

Advertisement