Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks - Clan Wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

We need a bit of tactics I suppose.

Its all a learning curve. We're not a super-clan with tonnes of t9/10 tanks, who are doing this clan war to basically make money.

There will be changes to the format of the clan war, and it will become more competitive for us 'lower' teams.

Hopefully everyone sticks it out, we'll eventually get a lot of high tier tanks, and get better as a group.

Well done to everyone who turnedf up tonight, was nice to actually have to drop out to make room for someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

well put, after the diabolical poll on the wot forums im guessing it will all be changed about soon.

just stick it out

Match at 7.30

against Kommando Schildkröte.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Match at 7.30

against Kommando Schildkröte.

We're still short a good few, get logged in folks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    We're still short a good few, get logged in folks.
    Got spanked with 10, with full 15 we would have had a fair fight (highest was a single IS-4 on the enemy side and we brought the only T10 tank).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Because we now have 30 players with Tier V tanks I have picked 2 landing points this evening (so at least 2 matches).

I have no idea how many will turn up but I guess we'll find out later today.

As ever best be on about 7 to see what time the battles are on at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

maybe around tonight, as mentioned before, usually around during the week but weekends are difficult. see you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

We should start getting fast things and all rushing together tbh, loads of panthers, JagdPanthers, T-34-85, Vk3601 etc all rushing one isthmus might win us a few games

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Serious gfx card problems for me this evening.

3 matches planned. Join whatever you can !

You can as always find the times here as soon as the matches are arranged (you may have to visit back several times to find the exact time)

http://uc.worldoftanks.eu/uc/clans/500001680/battles/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Most likely not on for tonight or Thursday to Saturday's games.

• Advertisement

gf's off t spain tomorrow so i have had to be her shadow this week, but once shes gone my bank holiday weekend will be me getting my IS amongst others.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    gf's off t spain tomorrow so i have had to be her shadow this week, but once shes gone my bank holiday weekend will be me getting my IS amongst others.

Grinding for my IS this week myself.

Might go for a KV-1S too.

I have scheduled 2 matches for tonight:

Iceland - map: Cliff

Corsica - map: Westfield

As per usually, the actual battle times will be posted just after 7pm, but we'll have at least one battle around 7.30pm as per usual!

I know people might be getting a bit pee'd off losing each battle, but these are the only clan war type battles we can be involved in, and until the format is changed, there's not much we can do.

If we had more people on more often we could devise tactics etc that may help us, but as we're a fairly casual clan, I don't see that happening any time soon.

So please guys, lets log on this evening, and give it a bash anyway!

i doubt ill be on, im going for dinner with the gf.

all you can eat chines > wot!!!
    only slightly though :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll be missing again. But available for the next week solid in return though. Plus I'm 50% of the way to the hallowed 128mm.

dam straight!

im more concerned with the chicken satay, roast duck, house curry :D

21:12 Iceland - map: Cliff
    20:44 Corsica - map: Westfield

Deduct one hour for Ireland (those are the times posted on the WoT site)

Looked up the clans, first game appear to be mainly tier 5s and 6s and only found 8s as gold tanks, definitely looks like a possible one to win. Second game clan has several 9s and 8s which will probably not go to well.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Sorry I missed tonight guy's.

I won't be available for clan matches for a few days by the look of it:mad:. Keep grinding and good luck.

Tébessa - El Halluf

Troms - Erlenberg

As usual, first match will be around 7.30pm at the earliest!!

Match times:

Troms: 20.02

Tébessa: 20.14

It'll be a tight squeeze, but we should be able to make both!

• Advertisement

Tonights Matches:

Netherlands (Ruinberg)

Balaeric Islands (Lakeville)

As per usual, times will be posted just after 7pm.

I'll try to make both but I got a paintball game until 7pm (add in random talk etc. and I may miss it sadly). I'm also going to be out tomorrow and possibly Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

I'm away for the next few nights so won't be on unless I can find an Internet cafe and get a pass for an hour or so!

Tonights Matches:

Netherlands (Ruinberg) 19:43

Balaeric Islands (Lakeville)

As per usual, times will be posted just after 7pm.
    With four brave souls we went in to take Netherlands for ourself, sadly we failed :(

Nody wrote: »
    With four brave souls we went in to take Netherlands for ourself, sadly we failed :(

Four?? (4)?????

You are effing kidding me??? 30+ members and only 4 on?

I think cuts are going to have to be made, this is ridiculous.

I was exhausted myself (the 1 year old hasn't been sleeping) so was in bed by 6.30 yesterday.

There's no point having people in the clan who NEVER turn up for matches.

I'll have a chat with Ponster when he's back. I should be on tonight however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

lovely day yesterday, surprised ye managed to get even 4 on :p

anyway, worrying trend for a 'casual guild' - kicking people from the clan for no shows?

Wossack wrote: »

anyway, worrying trend for a 'casual guild' - kicking people from the clan for no shows?

That does seem a bit harsh, the enforced times for matches means work will regularly interfere for me.

Wossack wrote: »

Spear wrote: »
    That does seem a bit harsh, the enforced times for matches means work will regularly interfere for me.

Not for no shows, no. But to think with over 30 members we struggle to ever get 15 on, let alone to mere 4 last night.

There are members who've never been on, so I'd have to ask what the reason was for joining in the first place.

Obviously, not everyone can make all the games, that understandable, but if its a case of having people in the clan just show they show up as being a 'member' making up the numbers, its a bit pointless.

was sitting out my mams back garden working on my new supermoto, got on for about 8 thinking i would make the second game.

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    In all fairness yesterday was pretty much the nicest day of year, I was sitting out the back garden with a beer.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    was sitting out my mams back garden working on my new supermoto, got on for about 8 thinking i would make the second game.

DeWinter & DotC have been given Commander Deputy status also with Ponster being away (to help with the organisation of the clan).

Perhaps we should discuss the weather forecast each evening before deciding to arrange a match for the following day :rolleyes:

Its unfair to those that do turn up most days to be left with a team of <15 when it would be hard enough for us to get a result with 15. Especially considering we have over 30 members.

I'm in no way saying everyone needs to be there everyday, but surely 15 members for 20 minutes a day isn't too much to ask?

Advertisement