Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turtles 4 player arcade cabinet

• 18-05-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Recently in a friends garage i noticed a couple of old arcade cabinets.He no longer wants them and has no idea of what there worth one is a 4 player teenage mutant/ninja turtles cab the other is a 2 player gauntlet cabinet. Would anyone here have any idea of the 2 cabinets value as i would like to know what i should offer him for them they both work perfectly .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

That really depends on the condition of the monitors, artwork etc. Do they still have PCBs in them? Maybe you can post a few pictures for an better assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Will try to get a better look at them. Unfortunately they were pretty dusty so cant really tell what kind of condition the cabs are in i dont really know what kind of boards these units use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I sold an nba jam extreme 4 player cabinet for 400 a few months back. It was in good nick, but a turtles one in that condition would be worth a lot more than that.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/nba-jam-extreme-arcade-cabinet-game/500107

follow this auction ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1989-Arcade-4-Player-/180666929152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a10969000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

How about a leg? Can I give you my leg for them?

Would you consider selling the turtles one on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How about a leg? Can I give you my leg for them?

Might make it difficult to actually stand in front of the cab and play the thing though :D
    Would you consider selling the turtles one on?

Do it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Someday, when I have a bigger house, I want to get some cabs :(

Till then, I'll watch in envy :P

Just to let you know, i mean it about the cab, if you decide to sell it I'm calling dibs on it right now

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Just to let you know, i mean it about the cab, if you decide to sell it I'm calling dibs on it right now

Jack not trying to be smart but its not even mine yet im trying to find out what i should offer for it and the other cab.I dont think hes interested in body parts as a form of payment is it just the fact that u are a turtles fan that has you interested or are these units rare and hard to come by.If u were me jack what would u be willing to pay for it as in cash moneys instead of limbs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The thing about Ireland is a lot of cabinets are rare these days because so many were destroyed during the decline of the arcade from 2000 onwards. This doesn't mean there worth there weight in gold but obviously a collector or someone with a particular attachment to a cabinet might be willing to spend a little more.

A lot of folks are only after generic cabs with 6 buttons per player so they can play Street Fighter 2 etc. Obviously the cabinets your mate has are custom built and would require modification in order to accommodate extra buttons etc. Believe it or not but this can make them difficult to sell on!

Well im a huge turtles fan and i dont know about rarity of the cab or anything. But it really comes down to how much restoration is needed to the cab etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement