Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Parking Camper in Driveway

• 18-05-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone tell me where I would find the rules/laws/by-laws on parking my camper in my driveway? I live in an area where someone will complain!

thanks

PatCon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

short answer is no if its on your property you are not breaking any laws
    and if its taxed and insured you can leave it on your road

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PatCon

Someone told me that there was a reply to a question in an article in the Irish Times and the journalist said total time allowed in driveway was equal to nine months!

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Never heard of that one. If its on private property then they can complain all they want it, it won't make a difference. Unless its causing a public nuisance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Patcon is right, at least in Dun Laoghaire, as they have a faq on the council website which answers this. I suspect the rule is countrywide though.

WWW.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/planning/faqs/

Just move it once every nine months and your laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Patcon is right, at least in Dun Laoghaire, as they have a faq on the council website which answers this. I suspect the rule is countrywide though.

WWW.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/planning/faqs/

Just move it once every nine months and your laughing.

Sounds like you didn't read it properly.

"Storage not greater than 9 months in any year."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I stand (or park) corrected. At least my neighbours aren't as picky about the law as some.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PatCon

Thanks for that zoltar boi - that answers my question.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Perfect excuse to hit to France for 3 months of the year every year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

This 9 month law is as far as I'm aware a planning law and was always wheeled out in reference to caravans. I work in a local authority and its never been enforced.
    There are tons of laws like that one like widening your gateways/piers to burning certain things in your fireplace to burgular alarms only being allowed run ten mins. We are great at writing laws but crap at enforcing them or punishing transgressions. Park away;)

Advertisement