Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 50 Mbs - Loss of Incoming Phone Calls

• 18-05-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

Ordered the 50 Mbs on Friday finally.
    Installation was today and went OK - from a broadband point of view.

While my TV works, my broadband works and I can make calls on my UPC phone - nobody can call me ?

I was an existing UPC customer on the TV/Phone/30 Mbs package until I upgraded to 50 Mbs. This only began on Sunday or Monday. Any thoughts ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Ordered the 50 Mbs on Friday finally.
    Installation was today and went OK - from a broadband point of view.

While my TV works, my broadband works and I can make calls on my UPC phone - nobody can call me ?

I was an existing UPC customer on the TV/Phone/30 Mbs package until I upgraded to 50 Mbs. This only began on Sunday or Monday. Any thoughts ?:confused:

Installed my BB,Tuesday and the telephone went completely,a quick phone call to UPC and was sorted within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Over the last few days my phone will only ring once for incoming phonecalls and no upgrade has happened yet. Much as i love not answering the phone i must give them a buzz about it:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nelly2008

Over the last few days my phone will only ring once for incoming phonecalls and no upgrade has happened yet. Much as i love not answering the phone i must give them a buzz about it:).

I have the exact same issue ... 1 ring then gone. Can you post the solution if you get one from UPC. FYG I am south side Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

nelly2008 wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue ... 1 ring then gone. Can you post the solution if you get one from UPC. FYG I am south side Dublin.

I have this problem too and have done for a while but that's due to the splitter i have in the back of the router. May be the case for some of ye also..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The latest I have is this - our UPC guy came back today. He said it is a problem at their end. We are "perfect connection wise".

Their were best guesses involved that included misguided porting of phone numbers for existing customers. It's in the manual under Troubleshooting. Were existing customers to be treated as NEW customers mistakenly that would make sense.

At this stage it is all supposition. Everything is meant to be alright tomorrow on my end. I'll keep this thread updated.

Thanks for the feedback..

• Advertisement

Needless to say phone still banjaxed. It is at their end....support / loyalty only admitted it when asked to ring back. Will be fixed within the "next 48 hours" which in UPC world apparently means next Tuesday.

While at it got the €40 activation charge knocked back to €20 for the 50 Mb upgrade. Watch your bills, peoples.

Phone fixed remotely today about 4pm. Maybe Barack is a phone tech in his spare time.:rolleyes:

Advertisement