Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety Grid for Jeep

• 18-05-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question that I hope people can help me with. Just bought a Toyota Land Cruiser (it's a commercial with only two seats) with tons of room in the back for Millie and Max. I thrilled for them - much better than car travel!
    Anyway, I need to get a safety grid (or even two) to prevent them getting into the front and also to screen off an area behind them for carrying luggage or whatever. I've done a quick search on the net and the most suitable one is from zooplus.ie but they wont post the big version suitable for a jeep to Ireland. Anyone out there know where I could get my hands on these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maxi zoo sell a lot of the same stuff as Zooplus (I wonder if they're the same place - zoo?) Anyhoos the one in Finglas has some of the car grids. I got mine in Halfords - it was expensive but I had vouchers so it was free :pac:
    Also can I ask does the back door open up or to the side on the land cruiser? I'm thinking of changing jeeps at the moment and a lot of the ones that meet my (giant) list of requirments have the open to the side door and it's putting me off - I'd be worried the wind my catch the door and send the dog/me flying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I got mine in Halfords as well- think it was on sale at around €60 or €70. I know it's a bit expensive, but I consider it money well spent- the dog is safe in the back of my car (and my car is safe from him!!) and it doesn't rattle around, which my old one did all the time, much to my annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah I love the halfords one - it clips to the headrests so it doesn't take up space and I can still pull the cover blind thing over so the contents of the boot - very handy for when I'm carrying stuff for work or even just my laptop bag or shopping so it's not on display. The rear seats in my jeep slide forward and back or so so I can slide them forward to make more room for the dog or back to make room for passengers without having to move the grid as it moves with the seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

The best ones of all are made by Barjo in the UK - they are custom fit to your particular make of car and much more secure than the ones you get in Argos or the petshops. They ship to Ireland and sometimes they sell second-hand ones on their website. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. :)

Advertisement