Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falsetto and disco beats - the Bee Gees!

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

The Bee Gees; from their soft rock beginnings to becoming the foremost act of the 70's disco period, love or hate them everyone knows them!

Born in the Isle of Man their music career didn't begin until they moved to Brisbane, Australia in the late 1950s

Spicks and specks their twelfth release but first successfull single reached number one in Australia in 1966

they returned to the United Kingdom in January 1967 where producer Robert Stigwood began promoting them to a worldwide audience. But they are most well known for their association with disco music in the 1970s

After relocating to Miami early in 1975 to record they wrote their second US No.1 Jive talkin'

It has been estimated that the Bee Gees' career record sales total more than 220 million, making them one of the best selling music artists of all time. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.

There's always some Bee Gees on my goin out playlist, and many a night have I and my friends drunkenly karaoked some Bee Gees, so let's get some Bee Gees going! Love 'em? Hate 'em?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They had some great hits in in 60s like Massachusetts and early 70s with Run To Him but then went to a very quite period until Barry discovered his His high falsetto voice and the Hee Bee Geebees career took off again . 'Spirts Having Flown ' is a big fav of mine and one of those songs that a lot people cottoned onto long after it's release .

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Circus_O

I had not heard that track before, I am now cottoned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You are now part of the cottened elite Circus O ....:cool:

Advertisement