Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All in the Name...

Options
  • 19-05-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

I have to admit that sometimes I cannot make heads or tails of some of the user-names in the shooting forum.

Some names you can make out: bunny_Shooter, CliveJ, gunhappy_ie, and the Big Fella for example.

Others, I have no idea: Ezridax, GixxerThou, bazzaz888, ormondprop, and such.

So, if you care to, please give us some background on your user name.

All invited, even those we think we understand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

well mines pretty simple?
    whiteley is my second name and 91 is the year i was born! about as simple as they come! easiest to remember!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Mine's a character in a SciFi i was watching when i first registered. Seemed as good as any.:)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Me next.

Always liked Newton's second in school F = ma.

When you have to say F is ma often enough, you wind up saying FISMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

pretty straight foward, my name

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

When I joined I had just a Shotgun :D, now thats changed as I got a CZ 452 .22, but im not gonna bother changing it, lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Always known as homer and made ****e of the leg a few years back which left me with a bit if a limp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Nuf said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I wanted to be Tackleberry, someone had the name.
    as it would not let me select it.

Then he dissapeared and and another guy took the name.

So I was left with Tackleberrywho

Many guys use anagrams of their name, 2 or 3 come to mind.

Several lads use their real names :eek:

Be under no illusions - there is no anonymity on here - most people know who everyone is - it's not hard to figure/find out

B'Man

Whenever the Mrs says she's not that old I just point out to her that most people leaving college this year don't know who Jack Charlton is or know why Joxer went to Stuttgart -they don't remember where they were when packy saved that penalty

whiteley91 wasn't even born - probably has no idea who toto schilachi is

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Bananaman wrote: »
    Be under no illusions - there is no anonymity on here - most people know who everyone is - it's not hard to figure/find out

B'Man

I know, works both was B'man !

The only anonymous persons are those unregistered guests lurking in the background ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

<
    easy enough im guessin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Years ago I was trying to come up with a unique email address. I got sick of regular variants on my name so I made up a word....until the email provider announced it was already taken! So I slapped a few numbers onto the end of it and made the email address.

Turns out Arcto means Bear in Latin....guess it was in my sub-concious or something weird :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I wanted loneranger cos I love getting out into the wild on my own and getting lost for a few days. It was taken however,so my mate,who is a chopper pilot,suggested longranger,I asked him if it was cos he thought I was a good shot,he said it was because I was a crap shot but made more noise than his helicopter:)(a Bell 206 Longranger) Smart pr!ck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Bananaman wrote: »
    Be under no illusions - there is no anonymity on here
    Hence Rule 5...

And it was a school nickname that stuck for some reason (used to do amateur radio when I was that age; got told to setup the electronics bits of the physics labs so the teacher could have a cigarette break; and then some lovely chap turned the voltage on the power supply all the way up for a laugh while I was testing a full-wave rectifier. Power supply had no current limiter. Hence, sparks).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I play rugby with nenagh ormond and my position is prop forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Rosahane

... a very remote graveyard in Wicklow where ancestors are buried:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

I'm from the Green Green Glens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The rifle in .17HMR that I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

mine is straightforward, my deer cal at the time of registering was a 6.5x55 and poulo is a variant of my name hence poulo6.5.

i thought (poulo.22magnum22lr.223,6.5x55swedish.308rabit,fox&deershooting,and-i-have-a-shotgun). was a bit to long:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    mine is straightforward, my deer cal at the time of registering was a 6.5x55 and poulo is a variant of my name hence poulo6.5.

i thought (poulo.22magnum22lr.223,6.5x55swedish.308rabit,fox&deershooting,and-i-have-a-shotgun). was a bit to long:D

Should have just called them oatabix

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

My name is one of my favourite hobbies. I love spotting deer. I am very good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I reckon it's obvious :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I'm a female who used too ride a Suzuki Bandit 600 ---> LadyBandit600 was too long, so it became LB6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭dermot218

=my first name and my number for stock car raceing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I can't think offhand why I chose that handle??????
    'cos my real name is PaddyMaArse :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Great thread, I love hearing the reasons behind them, hence all the thumbs up :)

I particularly like......
    Rosahane wrote: »

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I use this name on several forums because its me :) Im a happy chap into firearms and ill forget if I have different names on every forum.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

Rosahane wrote: »

Love this name too and love this part of Wicklow. It used to be a great place to see huge stags during the rut, but it didn't hold them year round. Someone shot the hell out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Combination of poor memory and romance! Joint account on another forum (accounts for the 'and' in the middle) and the fact I can't remember too many different user names, so I use the one! I'm the DJ bit.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

J.R.........my initials.......nothing to do with the 'Dallas' series during the '70's / '80's.

Advertisement