Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All in the Name...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

PICT0019.jpg?t=1305803006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

I had a teacher in school with a lisp :D and everyday he would be going off at me, calling me a "punk" but it came out like "Spunk". And the 84 is the birth date

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭insertclever

Not that I ever really post, I tend to just lurk and read the shooting forum and nothing else, but trying to figure out a clever name was too much and "insertclevermoniker" seems to have been already taken... so insertclever had to do ;)

Doubt anyone on here know's me, well apart from gunhappy whom I talk to every now and then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

charlie being my first dogs name and ten is his address!!! gixxer thou is a model of a motor bike.(GSXR1000)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Sika98k wrote: »
    PICT0019.jpg?t=1305803006

ERRRRrrrrrr I dont get it :P :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Take a guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

mine is an anagram of my name :cool: "can you tell what it is yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Simple. I'm one of those awkward southpaw shooters:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Seamus:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Vizzy wrote: »

he's a smashin looking dog do you have him on deer

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »

Isn't that a ridgeback:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Spunk84 wrote: »
    Isn't that a ridgeback:rolleyes:

No......

Differents parts of the world entirely.

I only have ever seen a ridgeback once in the flesh and it was very obvious it was not a Vizsla :p

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I'm male and I own a boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

FISMA wrote: »
    I have to admit that sometimes I cannot make heads or tails of some of the user-names in the shooting forum.

Some names you can make out: bunny_Shooter, CliveJ, gunhappy_ie, and the Big Fella for example.

Others, I have no idea: Ezridax, GixxerThou, bazzaz888, ormondprop, and such.

So, if you care to, please give us some background on your user name.

All invited, even those we think we understand.

Pretty obvious mine i guess,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Comes from an actual handgun .
    Full title would be AMT Grizzly 45 Mk 1 Winchester Magnum.Which is rather long.So shortned it to Grizzly 45.
    One of the more aggressive handguns I have shot too,and I liked it as it has a rather large grip which fits my "paw" alot better than most.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Dev is part of my surname and 110 is just a three digit number that I have been using for years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yes, but I presume you don't want it revealed to the audience either. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Good thread.............

I used to be involved in a sports league in limerick city, and it was mainly run by city clubs, with some clubs from out the country. I eventually managed to get myself onto the committee and I was the "Country Voice" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Thomas Grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ormondprop wrote: »
    Thomas Grant?

I had a different one, didn't see that actually, nice spot.

• Advertisement

No......

Differents parts of the world entirely.

I only have ever seen a ridgeback once in the flesh and it was very obvious it was not a Vizsla :p

It's an inside joke tack ;) I've seen loads and the female ridges look similar to vissies but you can tell them apart by their faces

ormondprop wrote: »
    Thomas Grant?

Or Grant Thomas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or Grant Thomas :D

*ahem* :
    It is a social faux pas to demand that another poster disclose their identity, and very rude to disclose your guess as to their identity.

Sparks wrote: »

I never demanded anything?

It was Ormand prop who said Thomas Grant, I just pointed out that there is a surname Thomas like the lovely Katherine from Carla

I was too busy slagging Spunk84

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

It's really hard to find out my real name. :)

Once upon a time I worked in a company on the end of a phone so everyone used instant messenger to chat (hard to talk to your co-workers when the customers keep interrupting! :o). A load of the people there had come from another company that handled customers from both the UK and Ireland. Those that worked with UK customers used UK in their handles and those who handled Irish customers used IRL or IE. I tried to sign up with "Conor" and some fecker had already taken it so I followed the convention that my colleagues did and tacked IRL on the front.

Roll on a few more years and most people guess that it means I'm Conor In Real Life. I never thought about it when I was ordering it, but it also ended up on the back of my shooting jacket. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

it also ended up on the back of my shooting jacket.
    Actually, that's where I thought it came from originally - didn't realise that that was just a coincidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I never demanded anything?

It was Ormand prop who said Thomas Grant, I just pointed out that there is a surname Thomas like the lovely Katherine from Carla

I was too busy slagging Spunk84

haha you got in trouble:P

I think Tack should get ban for slagging off Spunk84 and trying to find out who ormondprop is LMAO shame on you Tack:rolleyes: very serious now:D

I think Tack should get ban for slagging off Spunk84 and trying to find out who ormondprop is LMAO shame on you Tack:rolleyes: very serious now:D

Since the both of yee told me who yee were what figuring out was there?;)

And since a lad posted his wedding on this his identity is no big secret!

I was called Tackleberry for years. Since the 90's in fact as I had so much of an interest in guns.

I met Fisma and he is much older than I was expecting.

I was chatting Dev110 about wurzel gummage the other day and he had no idea what I was talking about! Youth eh!!

Perhaps the boards admins could change my login to TackleberryIRL :D

If only I knew a boards.ie admin:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Oooh backseat modding im telling teacher lol

Advertisement