Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All in the Name...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Oooh backseat modding im telling teacher lol

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

<=== I`m a Chemist. Passion for chemicals, shooting and history. Not a great mix of interests when you live in this country :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Since the both of yee told me who yee were what figuring out was there?;)

And since a lad posted his wedding on this his identity is no big secret!

I was called Tackleberry for years. Since the 90's in fact as I had so much of an interest in guns.

I met Fisma and he is much older than I was expecting.

I was chatting Dev110 about wurzel gummage the other day and he had no idea what I was talking about! Youth eh!!

jeez tack, your no grandad yourself man. I know who he is and im hardly that much older than dev.
    Mine is a nickname i had at school, dont know who thought up of it or why but only a few stil call me it when i bump into them. 87 is the year i was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Dusty87 wrote: »
    jeez tack, your no grandad yourself man. I know who he is and im hardly that much older than dev.
    Mine is a nickname i had at school, dont know who thought up of it or why but only a few stil call me it when i bump into them. 87 is the year i was born.
    ah but your old aswell, i'm an 88 baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

chem wrote: »
    <=== I`m a Chemist. Passion for chemicals, shooting and history. Not a great mix of interests when you live in this country :o

It is if you work for a well known ;)political party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

my name was created with a bit of genius.... Im tommy...a boy and was 26 when i joined....

Great thread.....

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

SSL, Haven't a bulls notion what it means. Its something to with internet security. A friend of mine was working in that field and i used that login to play a prank on him years ago. Good prank, alot of booze and here i am now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

at the time of joining I had four guns and also had been reading an article somewhere about how our lives are predestined and also being a kerry man we used to believe that the all ireland final was a foregone conclusion,,,

4gun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ssl wrote: »
    SSL, Haven't a bulls notion what it means. Its something to with internet security. A friend of mine was working in that field and i used that login to play a prank on him years ago. Good prank, alot of booze and here i am now!

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

clivej wrote: »
    Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are cryptographic protocols that provide communications security over the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

Ah that was donkies years ago way before OSI Model CJ.

What does CliveJ stand for?

I hear you are actually Luke Ming Flanagan in disguise??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

had to keep it simple cause of my sive like head
    hence endasmail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

my brother joined years ago using this name, as he was looking for info in the motors section on a toyota gt starlet, i wanted to join a few years ago and just used his username as he doesnt need it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Do a bit of sea fishing and a friend was holding a tope, he lost hold of tail which slapped me across the face!

Simples!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

I used this because of my proximity to Vinegar Hill and my interest in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Croppy Boy wrote: »
    I used this because of my proximity to Vinegar Hill and my interest in history.

T'was early early all in the spring
    The birds did whistle and sweatly sing
    They changed their tune from tree to tree
    And the song they sang was ole Ireland free.

Nice name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

All, thanks for the responses - keep them coming...
    Sika98K - thanks for the photo, I though the 98K was 98,000, however, there is no mistaken the K98 - as I call it. K98 Mauser - still love it - 8mm or is it sporterized?

GixxerThou - I got the gixxer part, I thought the rest was "thou" as in thou shall not act like Tackleberry Who!

Rosahane - I had no idea, but it sounds cool!

Marlin - I thought the vs was versus, as in you versus the world (open ended) what is the vs for?

LeftHooker - I thought you played rugby!

Yawlboy - I wasn't sure if y'all was from the Southern United States. I should have guessed boating!

Grizzly - never thought about the caliber - I saw the 45, but didn't think anyone would stand to a bear with 45ACP - now I see 45 Win Mag. D'oh!

Country Voice - do you live in Luimneach? Are you far from Bruff? How about Cappamore?

SSL - so I was right? Secure Socket Layer? I too have no idea what it's for!

Croppy Boy - I get it now(thanks Google)

Finally -
    I met Fisma and he is much older than I was expecting.

Why thanks Tack.

By the way, me and a few other auld fellas are heading out on the bicycles this week.

You are invited. We are going out for a quick 200 mile ride. Seriously. A century is a nice warm up.

Tack - click here (safe to open a bit of language at 5:16 - @$$) and go to 5:08 for the secret message!:cool:
    tongue.gif
    tongue.giftongue.gif
    tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif
    tongue.giftongue.gif
    tongue.gif

pretty funny, hoo-ahh?

lol

The reason I thought you were younger was that you are so keen on science, where any of us who work in the manufacturing area are sooooooooooo sick of it!

Very rare you meet a person who loves their job

I wish I loved mine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Great thread!

My username came from a car I bought, I bought a Vw passat when I was 17 and the lads in school christens it patsat since my name is Patrick!

I eventually replaced the S of passat with a T and my car had PATSAT on the back! Got alot of wierd looks from fellas when I was selling it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

live in kildare and bought a .17hmr just before i joined so it seemed like an easy choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

mine is self explanitory, i am married.....and i dotn spell good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

FISMA wrote: »
    Country Voice - do you live in Luimneach? Are you far from Bruff? How about Cappamore?

You seem to know too much!!!
    Now how did you get that from what I said strange internet person? :D
    You're fairly bang on by the way!:eek:

A Country Voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Country Voice - just two places with which I have a bit of history: one where I used to live and the other close to where I spend my time when I am back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

You seem to know too much!!!
    Now how did you get that from what I said strange internet person? :D
    You're fairly bang on by the way!:eek:

A Country Voice

He He HE ... you got a stalker...:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Breachloader

Breachloader = Because a shotgun is better then a blunderbuss

And those quick reloads are what its all about.

BR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

FISMA wrote: »
    All, thanks for the responses - keep them coming...
    Marlin - I thought the vs was versus, as in you versus the world (open ended) what is the vs for?
    The VS is the model of the Marlin, rifle V for varmint, S. stainless steel.Different models have different letters behind the calibre of the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I just cant understand the OP's question....too difficult for me....:confused::D

I just cant understand the OP's question....too difficult for me....:confused::D

Oh Build a bridge and get over it!
    Yer not that thick , although sometimes you do your best to prove you are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

My username is just some random name I came up with years ago. Wanted a unique name that could be the same on the different forums I frequent. Seemed as good as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

well mine comes from the latin phrase jaysanticatum baltanticatus drunkus maximus, meaning " he who is on the laptop and needs to go to bed" but im sure you knew that:rolleyes::rolleyes::D;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭2112

2112, by Rush, one of the greatest albums of all time. Hopefully I'll have it played at my funeral, should be a good send off.

Advertisement