Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down in Cork tonight?

• 19-05-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I was away for a few days, got home tonight. No internet connection.

Got UPC a few months ago, no problems until now. Tried turning off wireless modem, turned of PC (don't see what difference that would make, said to try that on the UPC site.), waited a while, turned on modem, waited, turned on PC and....nothing.

I'm living on the south side of Cork city. My laptop can connect to the modem but local only, no internet connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

If you are in the Summerhil South area,its been cutting on and off now for the last 3 or 4 days.
    I think its down to a new house getting Upc because i have seen a UPC van going there 3 times in as many days which suggests there is a problem.
    Before that new house installation it never cut out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 faileddave

My connection in Bishopstown has been acting up for 3 weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Summerhill South area too.... I got the 100MB installed last Saturday and it's been up and down constanly since.Also, download speeds have been at the 30MB mark so pretty pi$$ed off with them atm.Have to wait till I get home on Sat to ring them. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Ya, I'm in Turners Cross. Going to give them a ring when I get home.

Advertisement