Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for house to rent in Oranmore

Options
  • 19-05-2011 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    If anybody knows of someone who would consider letting a large house in Oranmore or in the surrounding areas could they please pm me.

Daft.ie or MyHome.ie don't show any suitable places for us to rent (and we have been looking for the last couple of months!!).

We will be moving from the usa and need a fairly large place (4+ bedrooms), preferably detached with mature gardens and a garage/storage space. Unfurnished and long lease (at least 1 year) would be preferable... as we are moving most of our own stuff back. Kids will be going to the local national school. Also, access to high-speed internet will be essential as I will be working a lot from the house.

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in. Any help or suggestions for posting elsewhere are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    OranBound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

http://ysweeneyauctioneers.com/Catalog.aspx?newq=y&CatId=4&PropertyType=&SubCatId=0

Have a look here. Hope it helps. Auctioneer based in oranmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

As GC forum doesn't allow these type of posts I'm moving this to Accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

There isn't much like that around Oranmore. I suggest you also look at the ones for sale but more specifically the ones that going by the photos look empty. If the house isn't selling they might rent it out.
    The auctoneer mentioned above or Winters Letting can keep an eye out for you.
    A lot of people rent property in Oranmore because it is so easy to get to if you have a car. How were you hoping to send your kids to school; walk, cycle, car, bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Hi

You will find this quite difficult unless you an find someone who will rent you an unsold house

You could consider looking around Clarinbridge if you have a car to drop your kids to school

This here for example, maybe a bit overpriced but you could haggle the rent down for a long term lease i'd say

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1031626&search=1

Internet will be a problem wherever you are around Oranmore, you can get up to 8mb in certain places, but since you are looking at standalone houses, chances are you will not have access to "fast" broadband.

I ended up going with these guys (wireless broadband) and it has been fairly fast & reliable (not 100% though)
    http://www.baynetworks.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

swe_fi wrote: »
    Internet will be a problem wherever you are around Oranmore, you can get up to 8mb in certain places, but since you are looking at standalone houses, chances are you will not have access to "fast" broadband.

Not sure where you're getting this from but as someone who did live in several places around Oranmore over the past few years, had no problems getting 20mb connection in different properities - could have gotten more but 20mb was sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Fast broadband will not be a problem in and around Oranmore.

swe_fi wrote: »
    Hi

You will find this quite difficult unless you an find someone who will rent you an unsold house

You could consider looking around Clarinbridge if you have a car to drop your kids to school

This here for example, maybe a bit overpriced but you could haggle the rent down for a long term lease i'd say

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1031626&search=1

I ended up going with these guys (wireless broadband) and it has been fairly fast & reliable (not 100% though)
    http://www.baynetworks.ie/

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oranbound

Thanks all.

I will contact the auctioneers mentioned and see what headway I can make.

It does seem strange that more of the houses that are for sale (and many that look empty for quite some time) aren't advertised for rent... so that is probably our best bet ... to follow up with the advertiser of those properties.

We are not looking to move in until July 15th or August 1st, so if anyone hears of something in the meantime please pm me. (BTW: I will have a car but it would be nice for the kids to walk or bike to school -- but not essential. We can also provide good references if needed)

On fast internet service, how far out of the village is decent service available? I suppose the different service providers would have different areas enabled.... I can check with each one I suppose. Eircom's DSL was what I had used a few years ago and I could only get 3Meg down..... but sounds like that has improved. BTW an 18mb connection sounds great!! what provider offers that service?? (e.g. is it cable / ntl?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement