Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Wedding Photographer

• 19-05-2011 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm looking for advice. I've spent over a year trying to find my wedding photographer who seems to have actually left the country and I have paid her and have no photos, is there any point in naming her online in the hope that someone has any information that can help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Have moved this to it's own thread.

Before naming anyone could you please explain exactly the events that have occurred?

Can you also advise the details of the contract you had with her, how you located her and details of her insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭dozydelilah

Where was she based even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Didnt you post last year about this? Are the pics still on her website? Have you tried to get someone call her to make an enquiry maybe? I found with another photog who was with holding images, a client had terrible trouble getting in touch and when she had a friend call and leave a message re an enquiry and a number to call back the photog was straight on the phone to the friend soon realising it was a honey trap;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Just had a look at your last posts about this.

Is her website still active?

Have you consulted a Solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

have you tried a whois search for her domain name....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

This is not exactly the same thing but i bought a lens from a guy in London about 2 years ago for about 700 Euros and he sent me a modem instead. anyway I had the guys full name so I found his website. A full time photographer or a wannabe anyway. Basically every website he posted his pics on i left the info of our transaction's on e bay and his refusal to pay me back my money after scamming me. So many people e mailed me asking if this guy was trust worthy and I'm very sure he lost a lot of work over this. eventually he got in touch with me giving me a sob story saying he was broke and would pay me back 20 pounds a week...never happened so I posted the addres of his studio which was his home address to. Three of the sites he advertised on booted him off . I did get my money back from him when paypal took it from his cred card and closed his account. You should talk to a solicitor first then the gaurds if she wont reply to you.

Advertisement