Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plain Cake Crumbs????

Options
  • 19-05-2011 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Am hoping someone can give me some guidance......... just came across a lush recipe for a Magic Flake Cake and the first ingredient is 350g plain cake crumbs........... wha????? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What's Magic Flake Cake? I assume it just calls for cake crumbs the same way as cake pops do, so either use left over crumbs or get baking and crumbling!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Thanks a mill for replying. So basically just make like a sponge and then break it up????? Interesting!!! Had never come across a recipe for a cake before that had cake crumbs as an ingredient!!

Got the recipe on loveirishfood.ie :)

Thanks again for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just read that recipe, that does appear to be what it's suggesting, weird.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen that kind of suggestion in American recipes where they tell you to get a "yellow cake mix", cook that and then crumb it up.

It is odd, but looking at that recipe, there's no actual cake base to it (as in, flour, butter, sugar) so it must be a weird way of creating the cake base.

Advertisement