Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Photography 2011 - boards.ie places

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

sheesh wrote: »
    will a4 sized pictures be ok? :o

will cardboard box cardboard be good enough for a backing to the pictures?

A4 is fine, a lot of peeps will have smaller, myself included.

will you have mounts on them? if you have mounts on them and the card is on the back it won't be seen. mind you, i'd hardly bother with backing. i'm just using window mounts and cellophane bags i've recycled from last year, in case of the rainz. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

A4 - you'll be grand! Like Artyeva, mine (that is if they ever get printed...) will be around A5, possibly even smaller!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Is it really only 9 days to PP2011? I really need to get going on selecting prints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Anyone know of a cheap/decent hotel in the city centre? I'd like to stay in town on Saturday night after PP, but I can't spend much or there will be no money for beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭rameire

DougL wrote: »
    Anyone know of a cheap/decent hotel in the city centre? I'd like to stay in town on Saturday night after PP, but I can't spend much or there will be no money for beer.

try d4hotels or the harcourt hotel

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

I ended up booking a place around the corner on Leeson St. It doesn't look plush, but it's close and has parking! It was a lot cheaper than D4 hotels. They seem to jack up the price for Saturday nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Sorry for the delay but your space numbers will be up this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

btw where are you all parking on the day?

btw where are you all parking on the day?

If you get there early, you can get a spot right on the Green beside our spots. Last year, no one was clamped and I don't think anyone paid at all. It was as if the clampers were told to leave us be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

For anybody interested there is free Saturday parking on the street behind Bank of Ireland on Baggot Street: James Place East http://tinyurl.com/3bfe3rk. It's about an 8 minute walk from Stephen's Green.

Any ideas how many A3 mounted prints would fit in the allocated space? I'm thinking of 12, 15 or 16. Thanks.

• Advertisement

waldo wrote: »
    For anybody interested there is free Saturday parking on the street behind Bank of Ireland on Baggot Street: James Place East http://tinyurl.com/3bfe3rk. It's about an 8 minute walk from Stephen's Green.

Any ideas how many A3 mounted prints would fit in the allocated space? I'm thinking of 12, 15 or 16. Thanks.

I think someone said 8 earlier on in the thread

Also i think that percy place and haddington road used to be free on saturdays they would be quiet close to the no 10 bus if you parked near baggot street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

9 A3s will fit in 3 rows of 3 landscape but you could squeeze in 12 if you wanted.

and your space number is as follows

303 waldo
    304 Hearvee
    305 Siobhan Worn (taking ShaneM space)
    306 MaggyM
    307 trooney
    308 Nebezpeci Mys
    309 sheesh
    310 DutchGuy
    311 Arciphel
    312 rameire
    313 artyeva
    314 Cork_girl
    315 Leinsterman
    316 dakar
    317 sineadw
    318 nonsequitir
    319 DarrenG & sNarah
    320 Kintarō Hattori
    321 DougL
    322 hopelessOne
    323 xia
    324 dave66

There is talk of maybe taking part in the Street Feast on the Saturday. I'll confirm this tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing your photos in print next weekend.

Ok folks - I'm going to but in here :o

Like Darren said already, PP is coinciding with Streetfeast Ireland. So basically, we could host our little version of Streetfeast which was suggested by Leinsterman.

As we are limited by food in cars and being there all day, I would think a scaled down version could suit, cookies, cakes, salads, what have you, and also, with no obligation. If you can't bring anything, it doen't matter, we can all have a nice sit down, munch and chat away.

Will pop up more details later but I think it's safe to say that something is going to take place, just need to decide on Sat or Sun.

So get your picknick baskets ready folks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Yay! Picnic!

Can I make a suggestion? The official event happens on the 28th, which is the Sunday, and I think we'd all be a bit calmer arranging ourselves for picnics on Sunday morning rather than Saturday, as if anyone's like me they'll be doing the headless chicken thing on Sat morning trying to work out what they need to bring, other than the kitchen sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

sineadw wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion? The official event happens on the 28th, which is the Sunday, and I think we'd all be a bit calmer arranging ourselves for picnics on Sunday morning rather than Saturday, as if anyone's like me they'll be doing the headless chicken thing on Sat morning trying to work out what they need to bring, other than the kitchen sink.

I agree with this - the confusion of setting up and figuring things out is probably enough for Saturday.. Sunday would be more relaxed if possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I agree with Sunday being more relaxed and it's nicer to do it on the actual day as well.
    Now to figure out what, how and when to prepare food - assuming there might be pub on the agenda on Saturday night...
    Oh, and I don't have a table I could bring so will we have one or two together?

aye for Sunday too!
    I'm bringing one wee table, tbh t will probably be a eating out of hands affair :)

Say Sunday 1PM?

• Advertisement

bring a table cloth and some string and make some sort of food hammock! :D

sNarah wrote: »
    I'm bringing one wee table, tbh t will probably be a eating out of hands affair :)

Say Sunday 1PM?

Fair enough, thought so too - no long dining tables...but where do we leave the food while waiting for people joining was more behind my question ;)

If anybody wants to join us we are having some drinks after we wrap up on the Saturday in Against the Grain on Wexford St. All are very welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Agree with Snarah and Sineadw, lets do it Sunday ... starting 1pm.

I think the best option for Streetfeast is to bring along simple finger food for sharing ... obviously that can be served cold ...

Ideally the food should be home cooked but that is not a rule ... especially since quite a few people have their usual last minute exhibition panic to worry about on Friday (.. but not me, 90% ready, just need string :P)

The most important thing about Street Feast is to foster a sense of social / community ... so be prepared to share, and not just with fellow boardsies ... its a great way to get passers-by to stop for a chat ... I'll be registering our feast on the Streetfeast.ie site so it'll appear on the map ...hopefully it'll draw a few extra bodies to the PP2011 exhibition too ...

So for example, some food ideas (remember - try to buy Irish!) -
    • Middle eastern dips, Kofte's, Kebabs, Falafel & flat bread (which if I get time will be my plan)
    • Sweet treats like little cakes, biscuits (are you reading this @cityofblackbirds ;-) ), scones, muffins, Wellington squares
    • Mini pies, sliced pies, quiches, scotch eggs, even good old fashioned sambos!
    • Cheese board, grapes, crackers
    • Homemade drinks like lemonade, sangria ... stuff with colour to add to the party atmosphere :-)
    • Vegetable crudités with dips
    • Hors D'Ouvres
    • Ethnic foods ...

I'll bring some refuse sacks to help clear up afterwards ...

Can everyone who plans to participate please let us know how / what you are planning by posting here? ... so we don't end up with 20 cheese-boards :p

Also I need some volunteers to bring a few small tables ...

Can everyone bring a pack of paper plates ?

One final thing ... the Street Feast organisers are looking for volunteers to take photos & Video at the various Feasts for use in publicity ... it is not for profit, so they won't be paying and they will need publishing rights, but I'm sure credit will be given ... please contact - @streetfeast and @onewildlife on twitter to volunteer ...

Obviously the Boards.ie streetfeast will not be short of volunteers ... but they need some people for the other feasts which are all mapped at www.streetfeast.ie

Have fun!!! See you all Saturday ...

sounds fancy,

I'm bringing a kettle, tea milk and wagon wheels and maybe some paper cups for you lot.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'm bringing a comfy seat, unlike last year :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i won't be in my own kitchen from friday morning onwards but if my gracious hosts for the weekend allow me to use their oven i might be able to rustle up some cookies and maybe some mini quiches or something. i'll also bring a small table, paper plates and napkins, and a bottle of home made cordial. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

wagon wheels

Mmmm... pretendy chocolate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

artyeva wrote: »
    i won't be in my own kitchen from friday morning onwards but if my gracious hosts for the weekend allow me to use their oven i might be able to rustle up some cookies and maybe some mini quiches or something. i'll also bring a small table, paper plates and napkins, and a bottle of home made cordial. :)

You're on!

Ummm....food....I'll bring homemade brown bread and some jam and salami/meats...that ok? :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'm glad I'm beside you lot :D

• Advertisement

I was going to attempt quiche. It may not end well..

dakar wrote: »
    Mmmm... pretendy chocolate...

only the finest quality chocolate flavoured coating for my fellow boardsies :D

I'll try and bring something else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

As i'm coming by train the posibilities are limited. Yet loads of :pac:mini cookies (koekjes) and a few :pac:'boterkoek' (google for a pic or a recipe as there is no english translation) travel along. Probably some :pac:glutenfree cookies plus pile of paper plates.

picaaf wrote: »
    As i'm coming by train the posibilities are limited. Yet loads of :pac:mini cookies (koekjes) and a few :pac:'boterkoek' (google for a pic or a recipe as there is no english translation) travel along. Probably some :pac:glutenfree cookies plus pile of paper plates.

I too will be unable to bring any food. I'll be staying in a hotel on Saturday night rather than travel back to Enfield, so I won't be able to bring any real food as I've nowhere to keep it.

I thought about baking something, but I simply do not have time on Friday night...sorry :-(

I will bring along something to be sure to be sure, it'll hopefully be edible but may be shop bought if there are pints to be had on Saturday night :o Pints V cooking = pints win!

Question - where do you get those plastic sheets to pull down over the stuff if it does rain?! For hanging, I'm counting on bulldog type clips and lines of string.. is that ok?!

Here's hoping!!

Cork_girl wrote: »

Question - where do you get those plastic sheets to pull down over the stuff if it does rain?! For hanging, I'm counting on bulldog type clips and lines of string.. is that ok?!

Here's hoping!!

Keep up would ya! I'll put your name on one.

I will bring along something to be sure to be sure, it'll hopefully be edible but may be shop bought if there are pints to be had on Saturday night :o Pints V cooking = pints win!

Here's hoping!!

Thought you are joining the bags (20*16)? Will bring them (thanks to Buzz) with me anyhow.

As for food:
    Couldn't decide so I'll bring two things:
    Pasta salad (no problem to prepare already Friday night - might be even nicer by Sunday) and
    Tuna Pate plus cracker = quick and easy for Saturday after pints to prepare.

I'll have plenty of plates and cuttlery and napkins with me too. (as in about 100)

You lent me one last year..could I be bold and borrow one again? :(

rameire wrote: »
    You lent me one last year..could I be bold and borrow one again? :(

I should have enough to go round. I have 11 spares and about 7 or 8 of them are spoken for at this point. It'll probably be a case of first come first served on Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

My wife owns a baking business. http://www.petitetreats.ie
    We'll bring along some cupcakes and muffins!

• Advertisement

Here's hoping!!

builders providers have rolls of clear plastic around the €10 mark

Wooo, 6 images glued and put into frames and I haven't messed up a single one (Sometimes I surprise myself) ... 3 more to go but I'm missing bits so should do that tomorrow...

@Waldo: Yum! Sounds great!

@Sinead: Quiche? QUICHE??? What about that coddle you promised!

@PullandBang: Ahem. You there... yes, you non Boardsie person traitor with Navan CC... Yes you!! Get your own food! (or shoot us a pigeon :D)

Myself will not be prepared at all and like other have secured a bed in
    Dublin for the night, so I;m bringing along loads of stuff on the Sat.

My plan... Buying and prepping a salady sort of concoction on the Sun whilst DarrenG is manning our stand with (what I predict) a massive hangover...

I get confused!!
    xia wrote: »
    Thought you are joining the bags (20*16)? Will bring them (thanks to Buzz) with me anyhow.

As for food:
    Couldn't decide so I'll bring two things:
    Pasta salad (no problem to prepare already Friday night - might be even nicer by Sunday) and
    Tuna Pate plus cracker = quick and easy for Saturday after pints to prepare.

I'll have plenty of plates and cuttlery and napkins with me too. (as in about 100)

I have the little clear plastic slip things - Steve (stcstc) gave me those when I got my prints, it's just I wasn't sure if it was heavy rain if they'd be enough?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

My plan... Buying and prepping a salady sort of concoction on the Sun whilst *someone* is manning my stand with (what I predict) an *intermediate sized* hangover...

I see you had pretty much the same plan as me. The intermediate sized hangover is wishful thinking tbh, but probably better than setting out deliberately to acquire a massive one...:eek:

I have the little clear plastic slip things - Steve (stcstc) gave me those when I got my prints, it's just I wasn't sure if it was heavy rain if they'd be enough?!

If it pours down like today probably not, but then I would remove them an myself from the spot anyhow ;-) So I'm just counting on pure sunshine the whole weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

I'm still running around like a headless chicken trying to sort out everything!!!

What time are people planning on being there for? I was thinking of aiming for 8:30 - 9 Is that too early/late?

Only saw the Street Feast posts now - I'll worry about it tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

Myself will not be prepared at all and like other have secured a bed in
    Dublin for the night, so I;m bringing along loads of stuff on the Sat.

My plan... Buying and prepping a salady sort of concoction on the Sun whilst DarrenG is manning our stand with (what I predict) a massive hangover...

You can pretty much have free run of my kitchen Sat night ... I've put together some middles Eastern treats including homemade Kefta Kebabs, Yellow Split Pea & Fennel Dip, Moroccan Sweet Tomato Jam ... all served with middle eastern flat breads ... I'll supplement with some M&S pork balls (yes that's what is says on the box!) ...

So all I need to do is cook the Kefta's ...

I also got a box of sweet treats from the Pakistani bakers ... but they are already half eaten, D'oh! :o

I'll also bring some hand sanitiser, paper napkins, plates & plastic cutlery ...
    I should have enough to go round. I have 11 spares and about 7 or 8 of them are spoken for at this point. It'll probably be a case of first come first served on Saturday morning.

I remembered everything but the plastic dammit ... would you have one for me too?

I remembered everything but the plastic dammit ... would you have one for me too?

Should do. Think Jamie is bringing four up from Cork anyway.

dakar wrote: »
    I see you had pretty much the same plan as me. The intermediate sized hangover is wishful thinking tbh, but probably better than setting out deliberately to acquire a massive one...:eek:
    Great minds, something, something.
    I'm bringing chopping boards, a kitchen knive and 3 bowls, so maybe we can whip up something together and leave the other darren to man the ship...
    MaggyM wrote: »
    I'm still running around like a headless chicken trying to sort out everything!!!

What time are people planning on being there for? I was thinking of aiming for 8:30 - 9 Is that too early/late?

Only saw the Street Feast posts now - I'll worry about it tomorrow evening :)

Aiming for just after nine (mainly to secure parking), setting up doesn't take that long and official start is at 10 (but very few people around at that time.)
    You can pretty much have free run of my kitchen Sat night ... I've put together some middles Eastern treats including homemade Kefta Kebabs, Yellow Split Pea & Fennel Dip, Moroccan Sweet Tomato Jam ... all served with middle eastern flat breads ... I'll supplement with some M&S pork balls (yes that's what is says on the box!) ...

So all I need to do is cook the Kefta's ...

I also got a box of sweet treats from the Pakistani bakers ... but they are already half eaten, D'oh! :o

I'll also bring some hand sanitiser, paper napkins, plates & plastic cutlery ...

Ah. I have one spare plastic cover from last year which was for Shane but as he isn't there you can have it.

You're funny. Me, cookings things? On the Saturday night? AFTER Aginst the grain drinkies? Ha! Maybe myself and Dakar will just invent salads together!

Just finished my last frames, now to load table, chairs, plastics etc into the car!
    One MOAR sleepsie! Yay!

• Advertisement

Hi P&B, I found one today, so you're very good but I won't need one from ya.

Also, I've just baked 3 loaves of brown bread...uummmmmmmmm :D:D:D

Advertisement