Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Free Calls and Texts - 1 yr on

Options
  • 19-05-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

So its getting around to the time when i got out of contract (terms changes) and I was thinking about the 12 months of free calls and texts to meteor ending. Can i just go switch to another network (on a 30day rolling contract at the moment) and then sign up again (to a cheaper tariff as it happens) and get another 12 months free or should i just give them a call and ask for it to be applied to the existing account?
    Has anyone gone over the 12 months and just continued to get the free calls and texts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Ring them up and see will they continue to apply them, if you threaten to leave they may give in.
    Otherwise, as you say, just port away and in 30 days time re-order a Bill Pay Lite SIM online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I was on the Smart Lite Plan, and upgraded to the Smart 50 Plan, and they wouldn't give me free calls/text to meteor on top of my 400 mins + 400 texts because they said I was upgrading my contract. :confused:

I wasn't really - I was signing up to a new deal, entering a new contract and buying a new phone.

What I would have had to do was switch back to PAYG, stay with that for at least a month, and switch back to Bill Pay.

The only reason I didn't make a fuss about it was becasue I was getting it cheap through the family and friends offer before christmas, but they were adament that I couldn't keep free M2M.

Advertisement