Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing in Pension with AON

Options
  • 19-05-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences cashing in their pension contributions and how long it took.

I finished up with my previous employer in December 10, having been there less than 2 years decided to cash in my pension contributions and was advised that Aon would contact me in a few weeks.

After hearing nothing I emailed Aon at the end of February and got the relevant paperwork which I completed and returned 5th of March.

Since then I have been emailing to find out about the refund and being advised it's still going through the process , cheque will be sent shortly etc.

Has anybody else tried cashing in their pension recently and how long did it take ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jasper79 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has had any experiences cashing in their pension contributions and how long it took.

I finished up with my previous employer in December 10, having been there less than 2 years decided to cash in my pension contributions and was advised that Aon would contact me in a few weeks.

After hearing nothing I emailed Aon at the end of February and got the relevant paperwork which I completed and returned 5th of March.

Since then I have been emailing to find out about the refund and being advised it's still going through the process , cheque will be sent shortly etc.

Has anybody else tried cashing in their pension recently and how long did it take ?

Don't you have to pay a wagon load of tax on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

I paid the 21% tax on cashing it in, but figured worth more to me now after the deduction than in 30+ years time , just over 2k gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement