Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Happy New Year everyone!

I know I've put on weight over Christmas but I know I'm not alone in that boat!
    I did exercise as much as possible though to try to limit the damage - any day the gym was open I was there!

I've decided to give up bread for January (did it in November too and it felt good) - I'd like to give up the drink too but I'm off to London on Friday week so it just doesn't seem doable!

Anyway, my plan for 2012 is to get to goal. I was only a few lbs away before Christmas but I'm sure I'm further away now. Ah well, onwards and downwards!

Best of luck to you all in your ww journey in 2012!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Starting back tonight myself after stopping ww back in october as i just hadn't the will power or drive , was going to meetings , up 1 and then down 2 and then up 2 and down 1 , like a yo yo so said id just stop it and enjoy myself and make a fresh start tonight :)

looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey everyone :) nice to see some familiar posters! I've been checking in everyday but not posted.

So since I was last here I went on hols to NYC the first 2 weeks of Dec didn't track bit did watch my portion size but pretty much ate a little of what I fancied but only really had 2 meals per day & snacked on fruit but the killer was prob the cocktails but I did walk alot so that did offset some of the damage post holiday WI I was up 1.5lb which I didn't mind & knew I'd be up & I didn't go crazy ( pre WW I'd have scoffed pancakes & desserts all round me!!)

So then with Xmas I tracked everything with tge exception of Xmas day & Stephens day but I used my weeklies as well ( alcohol & chocs don't you know!) so faced the music & was up 1lb at my WI on NYE. (doing it at home) so all in all not too bad. But I did do alot of exercise last week too!

From looking at my graphs I'm at this now 11 months I have 33lbs gone & I want to lose at least 21 more so the head is down & I'm focused on getting out off the 11's into the 10's & then hopefully the 9's I want to get to goal by the end of the year & be maintaining. I didn't go crazy over Xmas but part of that was fear of nxt Monday - I'm being fitted with a blood pressure monitor for 24 hrs & getting my bloods & cholesterol checked I didn't want to have a massive gain since the last time I saw my Dr - all the tests are precautionary because I have had high BP in the past.

I think getting to goal this year will be the best pressie I can give myself. Best of luck everyone & welcome to all the newbies we can all do this it's just a matter of getting the head into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Back to ww this morning. Was so bad over Christmas, seriously had 3 takeaways, loads and loads of alcohol, biscuits and chocolates galore ( got through a terry's chocolate orange a week *blushes*)

Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scales - .5 down!! Don't know how I managed that, it will probably catch up next week.

I am determined to lose at least a pound next week which will bring me to 10%. Would love to have another silver seven by the end of the month to get me to 2 stone gone. I want to lose another stone then by April for my birthday and Easter. Ambitious I know, but the Easter countdown starts here. 22 pounds to go!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Post festivities WI tomorrow. Think I will have gained 2. I didn't go too mad all told and shipped most of the biscuits etc out nearly as soon as they came in. Back tracking the last 2 days now. Can't wait to get back on track to goal. I sorted my wardrobe over the holidays too. It's a great feeling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Well I bit the bullet & went back today, Ive put on a stone over the last year & I want that gone! 1st aim is to get back to being gold so that's 4lb I'm aiming to loose by end of jan. Changed meetings to one near work at lunchtime, at least that way I've no excuse not 2go if I end up working late.

From my meeting today, you can now use a daily allowance of 26 if you want, gave out a little booklet of 7days meals planned based on that, said I'd give it a go, but used 27 already & fancy a slice of toast once I get home from work! Maybe tomorrow, 26 seems kinda low doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well I bit the bullet & went back today, Ive put on a stone over the last year & I want that gone! 1st aim is to get back to being gold so that's 4lb I'm aiming to loose by end of jan. Changed meetings to one near work at lunchtime, at least that way I've no excuse not 2go if I end up working late.

From my meeting today, you can now use a daily allowance of 26 if you want, gave out a little booklet of 7days meals planned based on that, said I'd give it a go, but used 27 already & fancy a slice of toast once I get home from work! Maybe tomorrow, 26 seems kinda low doesn't it?

yea it does, depends I guess good for a start off week kick start back in to it, as long as its the right foods might try it! do you still have the same weeklies

Baby75 wrote: »
    yea it does, depends I guess good for a start off week kick start back in to it, as long as its the right foods might try it! do you still have the same weeklies

Yes weeklies are the same.

Our leader advised that if you are getting good losses on 29 then don't reduce yourself.

They will also be bringing in simply filling days which I think will be great, I like the simply filling technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all hope ye had a nice Christmas, can I ask how people point frozen veg? Do ye count as. Zero or by packet nutritional label? (I've had aldi Mediterranean veg for dinner)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

gggrrrrr missed my wi this evening, couldn't get out of a meeting and i really wanted to continue this week.

Gonna just have to do it alone, really enjoy the support of the meeting though, keeps me focused for the week ahead.

Good luck to all those with their post Christmas wi's this week.

Best of luck with post Christmas WIs everyone. It probably won't be as bad as you are expecting (certainly wasn't for me!) but even if it is, or if it is worse than you expected just put it to one side.

Christmas is the most indulgent time of the year, it's hard to lose weight when temptation is all around. Just keep focused and onwards and downwards!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Have my post christmas WI 2moro evening, not looking forward to it at all, didnt track at all over the christmas so it can only be bad.
    not going to let it get me down tho, just going to work on it and get it all back of again. fingers crossed damage wont be to bad tho!!!

messrs wrote: »
    Have my post christmas WI 2moro evening, not looking forward to it at all, didnt track at all over the christmas so it can only be bad.
    not going to let it get me down tho, just going to work on it and get it all back of again. fingers crossed damage wont be to bad tho!!!

I did not do one day of tracking from my last christmas meeting to the one this morning and I lost .5. I think that subconsciously WW has infiltrated my mind! Before when I would have biscuits/sweets at christmas, I would have probably polished off the tin myself (literally eating until I felt physically sick :( ) This year I ate enough to satisfy my craving.... still massively pigged out but compared to other years I suppose it was an improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

Need advice on two things if any one could help me?

1) Looking for the best free WW app??

2) Recipe/link to make a ww friendly curry sauce (with no tomatoes inc if possible)

Thanks to any1 who can help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all

Back again!! ;)

2) Recipe/link to make a ww friendly curry sauce (with no tomatoes inc if possible)

Can't help with the curry but the app iwatcher is 79c and worth every cent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I was up 2 at my post Christmas weigh in this morning!! Not bad considering I missed the last week before Xmas!! 2 pounds is doable.....looking forward now to the next few weeks, hoping to lose the 2 and a few more for good measure.. 13 weeks to valentines!!!! I can do 7 pounds by then... Looking forward to the new changes in the program too..

Can't help with the curry but the app iwatcher is 79c and worth every cent!

+1 for iwatcher. I also use targetweight (think it's free) just to track my weight losses each week.

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

This isn't really what you're looking for but this recipe is from WW's seriously satisifying, might give you an idea.

Curried Rice and Chicken
    Pro points per recipie - 43 Serves 4.
    Pro points per serving - 11
    low fat cooking spray
    1 large onion
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 tblspoon curry powder
    400ml chicken stock
    125g hot basmati rice
    200g cauliflower florets
    4 x 110g skinless chicken drumsticks
    4 x 110g skinless chicken thighs (bone in)
    coriander leaves

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
    Spray a large non stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat until hot. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until softened, adding water if it sticks. Stir in the garlic and curry powder and cook for a minutes. Add stock and stir.
    Place rice, cauliflower in bottom of oven proof dish. Pour over stock + onions, stir.
    Rinse and dry the frying pan, spray with cooking spray until hot, add chicken and brown all over. Add chicken to dish, nestling down into rice. Cover with foil and bake for an hour. After an hour, check the rice. If it is still sliightly crunchy, cover again and cook for another 15 mins. Scatter coriander over to serve.

If anyone wants more recipes from the book just post up here and I can take it from the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Hopping on the post-Christmas bandwagon :D

It's almost a year since I joined for the first time, and haven't been to a meeting in months. I kept the majority of the weight off until October when I went to Italy and then what with exams and Christmas I'd say I'm right back where I was this time last year.

Was meant to go to my meeting tonight but I stayed in my mams for another night (first big mistake, as long as I'm still here it's still Christmas for both of us :P ) so I'll get stuck in with both feet tomorrow and re-join next Monday.

Starting my new job next Tuesday (eeeeeeekkk!!) so new year, new job, new start. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Didn't track almost for almost all of the 2 weeks over christmas and managed to lose 3.5 pounds, got my 7pound star sticker too, was surprised to say the least!! Like others have said, WW must be subconciously starting to ingrain in my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So I went back tonight and had put on a little over a stone in the 9 months I've been away. But i got such a nice surprise, my old leader from 3 years ago was still at the meeting i went to today and she recognised me straight away (without even looking at my card) and gave me such a great welcome back that it made me feel wonderful even though i weighed more than I was expecting and had a really bad day in work. she was the best leader I ever had and got me the closest to goal I'd ever been (half a pound away). A good leader really makes the world of difference.

I'm so much more motivated know and ready to get straight stuck in tomorrow. have my food planned out for the day and everything. Will more than likely become a regular poster!

Well done to all who have already had a post xmas WI and good luck to those who have it coming up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

joined back tonight and was 21st 3.5lbs :mad:

only way is down from here watch me go

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Jaysus I'm starving!..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

LinK3 wrote: »
    I was up 2 at my post Christmas weigh in this morning!! Not bad considering I missed the last week before Xmas!! 2 pounds is doable.....looking forward now to the next few weeks, hoping to lose the 2 and a few more for good measure.. 13 weeks to valentines!!!! I can do 7 pounds by then... Looking forward to the new changes in the program too..

What are the changes link3?

What are the changes link3?

Members who would normally start off on 29 points will now be on 26 points (doesn't apply to existing members but you can follow this if you want)

They are bringing in simply filling days - you don't have to track, you can have anything you want as long as it is a simply filling food (green foods in the purple guide). Think this is great, have done simply filling before and by the end of the week I was really struggling! At least you can take it or leave it this way.

Also they have released guidelines on how many points you should have for brekkie, lunch, dinner etc. based on a daily allowance of 26 pp.

We also got a 7 day meal planner with the meals done out for us.

joined back tonight and was 21st 3.5lbs :mad:

only way is down from here watch me go

Onwards and downwards. Take it one pound at a time! Set mini goals for yourself and you will be flying x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Happy New Year all :-)

Uh-oh! didn't go to WW last night. Wanted an extra week to be good this week before assessing the Christmas damage. Relieved to be eating healthily again I have to say. I think I want all the bad stuff but when I overdo it I feel like crap. So if anything, I'm taking this splurge as a positive! I dread to think what i put on but I lost it before and I can lose it again.

Just wondering will i get these new guidelines next week when I go? Or have I lost out because I missed this weeks meeting? the changes sound interesting, looking forward to it :-)

Happy New Year all :-)

Uh-oh! didn't go to WW last night. Wanted an extra week to be good this week before assessing the Christmas damage. Relieved to be eating healthily again I have to say. I think I want all the bad stuff but when I overdo it I feel like crap. So if anything, I'm taking this splurge as a positive! I dread to think what i put on but I lost it before and I can lose it again.

Just wondering will i get these new guidelines next week when I go? Or have I lost out because I missed this weeks meeting? the changes sound interesting, looking forward to it :-)

Not too sure! We got a booklet called Healthy Start Week one and we will be getting booklets for the next three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi all

Back again!! ;)

I use WW Diary. It's brilliant and free :) It has an activity PP calculator and a tracker and it also tracks your weight, your water/veg/dairy and alcohol intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just home from first WI in months, up 1 stone 2 pounds since I was last there :o. Felt awful but getting stuck into it now. Sitting here planning my food for the week, basing it on the kick start booklet they handed out at the meeting. Hope to see a positive result next week! Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

I'm actually really excited about my meeting tonight :eek:

And I'm going to be up. Perhaps I've finally lost it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Here goes!!!!

First class back tonight, going with my sis....I was doing really well and was 5lb off my goal the last time (just over a year ago) and was laughing all the way to the size 10 clothes rack when I got ill and couldn't exercise or anything.... downhill from there. Too much Jeremy Kyle and sausage rolls and feeling sorry for myself. I would say in the past year I have put up at least 2 and a half stone... Im feckin ragin with meself... but I'm back on both feet now and I am determined...

I will be relying on all you folks for support... yas were so good the last time! This for me is much better than the meetings could ever be!!!

Have at least 2.5 stone to lose..... fingers crossed....

I have downloaded a points calculator on android apps just wondering if anyone else finds any other apps on android good???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I haven't been here in a few weeks as I haven't really been following the plan. Between exams and Christmas I have put on nearly 6lbs :o I drawing a line under it and I'm starting afresh. I've decided to do it by myself for a while as I don't want to waste money like I did last year. I weighed myself this morning and I was down 1.5lbs from last week :)

Well done to everyone who had losses and to those who had gains you can draw a line over the holiday period and look ahead to the new year. I have a ball coming up this year and I'm going on a sun holiday in June so I'm focusing on those. Its my first sun aka bikini holiday in years so I'm really nervous about it. For those of you starting out its good to focus on these type of events to help you stay on track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi all, have been following your posts over the past few months, I,m a gold member with about half a stone to get back to goal but have been messing before christmas up a lb here down same and so on but am back on track now and heading back to class tomorrow to face the music. is anyone else struggling with the same half stone that seems to be well stuck. anyway wish me luck for the weigh in and well done to everyone who actually had a good result i admire you guys

Ah girls I am really looking forward to my class now... I can't wait to get back on the bandwagon and share all the success you are having....

Eabhabear - well done on your weight loss.... I know I wouldn't have the guts to do it on my own coz I would keep lying to myself... I need the classes for that.... but jesus to have the determination to lose weight over christmas ESPECIALLY doing it on your own... fair play!!!! :):):)

FYI!!!! just saw on the Aldi website that from tomorrow they are having a special on lots of WW food items. Bagels, sauces, wraps, snacks..... I shall be hitting there in spots in the morning!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    FYI!!!! just saw on the Aldi website that from tomorrow they are having a special on lots of WW food items. Bagels, sauces, wraps, snacks..... I shall be hitting there in spots in the morning!! :)

Lidl were doing a special on the sauces yesterday - picked up a few there. But if there is other stuff in Aldi must check it out!

Well I'll be a monkey's father's brother.

I stayed the same!

This is unprecedented for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Elliejo

I stayed the same too. I was really expecting to be up. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

went back tonight and was expecting it to be very bad but wasnt that bad at all, was only up half pound so am happy enough with that, time to start working on getting it and more along with it of now.
    my niece asked me to sponser her for her confirmation and its in March so i have 9 weeks to get down as much weight as possible.
    spoke with my leader and said i should set a goal of 9lb - so 1lb per week.
    that should be doable enought - shouldnt it??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

up 2lbs tonight as I weighed myself last week and appeared to be up 5!

have been messing around for the last couple of months. Have a communion in May and a sun holiday and I would love to be down a full stone at the very least.

im sitting here typing this and watching operation transformation. I am going to use the excercise routines that they have online.

Our leader said that we can stay on 29 or go to 26 if we wanted. its going to be tough, I havnt tracked in ages so now i have no choice and have to get my bum in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Im a gold member since I lost 2 stone in 2002 but finally went back 3 weeks before christmas. I was really surprised I had only put on half a stone in all those years, watching what you eat really does become a habit and when I know I am being BOLD!!:D I cut back. Stick with it, it really really is worth it when you reach your goal weight, you feel so proud of yourself, its like a new lease of life:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Micky chick, that's very encouraging! I got very close to goal( within 5lbs) last year before finding out I was pregnant. I think something just clicks in your brain, I only gained a small amount, and am now back on the wagon to lose the final stone and get to goal after a lot of years trying. Want to have half a stone off by mid Feb.

People have done really well over the Xmas break, great motivation to keep going! Here's to a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

So I did WW around 2.5 years ago and was 13st and some pounds when I joined and lost 2 stone...I was delighted....

Since then, I've basically been eating and not exercising and am now a whopping 15st 2lbs....:mad:

But it's onwards and upwards from here. I'm doing WW online. Not quite as good as a meeting, but hopefully once I can keep the motivation and will power up, it'll work....

4st to lose....

username, you are really in the best place... this thread is a godsend.... whether its for tips or encouragement.

I went to my first class tonight... im at 12stone 6.5lbs goal is 9 stone 7lbs.... have given myself a good kick up the back side.... it has to be done this time...

I've been allocated 27 pro points a day... im looking forward to getting started properly in the morning....

Any other newbies??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

maggimay wrote: »
    hi all, have been following your posts over the past few months, I,m a gold member with about half a stone to get back to goal but have been messing before christmas up a lb here down same and so on but am back on track now and heading back to class tomorrow to face the music. is anyone else struggling with the same half stone that seems to be well stuck. anyway wish me luck for the weigh in and well done to everyone who actually had a good result i admire you guys
    im the exact same.gold member since 2007+but+constantly+battling+with+the+same+half+stone.i+met+my+old+leader-she+was+covering+my+new+class+and+she+said+i+should+reset+my+goal+weight+to+somewhere+in+between+so+i+set+it+two+pound+heavier+and+i+seem+to+be+able+to+maintain+at+that,even+over+christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

went to ww tonight, first night back after xmas and I was deighted, lost 5 lbs over xmas!!! didnt think I did that well, so I have reached my 1st stone!! ecstatic! Hope I can continue to stay motivated! have a wedding in 6 weeks time abroad and I would love to be a half a stone lighter for it, hopefully I can achieve it!:-) best of luck to all newbies! x

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dundalklad

Hey everyone. Been so long since I posted but been lurking a good while! I'm a gold member who has lst over five stone, always seem to be up and down with the same five or six pounds! Went off plan the week before Christmas and stuffed myself! Back on track as of yesterday and gained 3lb over Christmas so need to get that off. Had a barny with our local leader before Xmas so reusing to go back to the class so hopefully I can rely on ye guys for the support to get rid of that Xmas weight, drop around another half stone and then maintain. Using iwatchr which is awesome and also got a free app called daily weight trend to plot how I do each day as I can't help but pop on the scales first thing in the morn! Right that's my story, best of luck to everyone :):)

went to ww tonight, first night back after xmas and I was deighted, lost 5 lbs over xmas!!! didnt think I did that well, so I have reached my 1st stone!! ecstatic! Hope I can continue to stay motivated! have a wedding in 6 weeks time abroad and I would love to be a half a stone lighter for it, hopefully I can achieve it!:-) best of luck to all newbies! x

Jesus! that is amazing!!!! 5lbs over the Christmas break is amazing!!! I hope i can take a leaf out of your book.... i want a really good start for my first weigh in next week....

what have ya been doin????

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

ali85 wrote: »
    Jesus! that is amazing!!!! 5lbs over the Christmas break is amazing!!! I hope i can take a leaf out of your book.... i want a really good start for my first weigh in next week....

what have ya been doin????

Thanks, ya Im thrilled! the hard work was worth it! I dont do anything different really, I swear by tracking everything though! write down everything u eat, also I recommend buying a ww recipe book, I have one and I def. think it has helped as Im not eating the same dinners all the time! I didnt exercise as much as I would have liked to over the christmas with the weather! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement