Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Aww Baby75 that's so annoying when that happens but as Monife & Baileypants have said at least you have the right attitude and it will likely show next week!

A similar thing happened me I had my WI last Sat and was up 3/4's of a Lb to say I was pissed off is an understatement but I realised it was probably the xmas drinking and excess food catching up with me as well as NYE & NY day so I reckon my body was a week behind. I'm hoping that all the exercise I did last week will catch up tomorrow and I've had what I feel is a pretty good week this week - so it has to show at some point!

Keep up the good work missus you seem to be exercising loads with your wii so it will definitely show soon :) don't lose faith!
    Thanks Kay, It will show it has to, I'm tracking every thing checking the weights incase my portions are off! still firmly on the wagon LOL even after a weekend away!:)
    Baby75 as Monife said it may not show until the following week and this has always been my case. I think you put your heart and soul into it and when you don't get the right results it can have such a bad effect, before i would have thought sod that and eat everthing in sight but i know better now. You have a great attitude so keep it going.

Off the smokes since the New Year, so have to be extra good with my eating habits. I seem to have the food under control just don't want to go back to my old ways.

Great losses this week, keep at it.
    Thank you :) well done on the smokes that's hard work in its self as well as working on the diet!
    lizt wrote: »
    Hard luck Baby75 but my leader always says this - you could weigh in the next morning and those 1.5 pournds would be gone. If you have put in the work, and it seems like you have, it will show eventually. :)
    Thats what I was thinking may be it would show Friday morning instead, nope up AGAIN:eek::D oh well what can I do but carry on, the way I see it I will get healthier and even if the scales are not showing with the exercise I will notice inches and I agree with what every ones said, IT WILL SHOW :) eventually ........:cool:

so back from my weekend away in Sligo which was brilliant, my hubby was great support and being very good and we had no junk !!! normally it would be sweets in the car big dinners ,desert etc but no, we had fruit in the car no sweets and healthy dinners well except for last night when we missed dinner in the hotel and ended up getting take out which was horrible! they messed up our order and left us short as well so I shared with my hubby, luckily the breakfast in the hotel was all grilled and self service so I had lots of grilled mushrooms and tomato 1 rasher half a sausage ( so I would not feel deprived :D)and a big bowl of fresh fruit never done so well on a weekend away and do not feel deprived at all really enjoyed it did loads of walking on Saturday as well.

Thanks for all the support and sorry I did not reply sooner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ShindyB wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement! Got out this morning and did the Operation Transformation walk and then took my dogs for another walk so did about 8.5 km in total at a brisk pace! Cooking the bacon and spinach pasta bake from the WW magazine at the mo (well my boyfriend's cooking it!!). Hopefully it will be nice - getting sick of the same ole dinners all the time.
    Could anyone tell me what cottage cheese is like? Hope everyone's getting on ok today! :-)

Hi Shindy, I've used cottage cheese on top of a bowl of chili in place of sour cream an in a pitta with ham, it's nice enough :-)

Had a great weekend of pointing ;)

Did the shopping Thursday in aldi for snacks we got the bags of popcorn 3pp and more importantly there was own brand mini magnum style ice cream 12 in the box at 3pp each they are amazeballs to say the least yum!!

After reading your post earlier I went and got the magnum-a-likes, very tasty! Thanks for the heads up! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

God, am after spending hours in the kitchen in order to prepare for the week ahead! I figure I have to go for 0 point food for my lunches or I just seem to end up over my points. So I made butternut squash and sweet potato soup & a fruit salad. Photos on my blog ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/preparation-for-week-at-office.html

I hope everyone has a good start to the week!! x

I love getting everything prepared used to always do Sunday cooking when I lived alone.

Not sure if i took you up wrong here but Sweet Potato has points

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, having the best two weeks ww wise, being off the drink and the knowledge I could be on a beach in a few weeks has ad me eating well, within points and walking loads!!

Stayed the same over Xmas..record for me even though I went mad between Xmas day and new years day!!

Have walked everyday and stuck to the 26 propoints new guideline and lost 4 last Wednesday, was so happy as now 1.5 pounds under goal set by ww but since I got gold in march, own personal goal was to be under 10stone for the first time ever as I can never remember being it!! So just 3 pounds needed to be lost.

So fingers crossed this week is as good as lasts weeks.....felt like something bad but made celeriac chips with curry powder and they are amazing beats norm stodgy curry ones from Chinese!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well, after completely losing my mojo last summer, I went back to my class on Tuesday. I had regained 2/3 of what I had lost which isn't great but I genuinely thought it would have been the whole lot plus more back on. I wasn't in the right head space for it last year but I feel a lot more positive about it now.

I have given up alcohol (for non-ww related reasons) which I reckon is going to help greatly.

Its been a good week so far. I've made sure to have a good breakfast every day, Going to bed at a reasonable time, cycling 30 minutes a day. I went for an Indian with my boyfriend on Friday night. I had a chicken starter (not sure what it was but it was in a tomato based sauce) and then I had a king prawn dish in a sauce that was almost like a korma but not as thick. There were 4 large prawns in it and I didn't have much of the sauce at all and I had a naan bread and avoided the rice. I had all of my weeklies and 20 of my daily allowance left for it. I wasn't sure how to point it so I decided to just write off the rest of my daily allowance (I was really full afterwards) and all of my weeklies. I'm sure it wasn't that much but I'd rather over-estimate than under-estimate.

The only thing I'm really not getting to grips with is my water intake. This has always been an issue for me. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to make myself drink 2l of water a day. I always just forget :/ I'm going to start writing it down from tomorrow though and hopefully that will help.

All in all I'm feeling good and hoping for a loss on Tuesday evening. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Well, after completely losing my mojo last summer, I went back to my class on Tuesday. I had regained 2/3 of what I had lost which isn't great but I genuinely thought it would have been the whole lot plus more back on. I wasn't in the right head space for it last year but I feel a lot more positive about it now.

I have given up alcohol (for non-ww related reasons) which I reckon is going to help greatly.

Its been a good week so far. I've made sure to have a good breakfast every day, Going to bed at a reasonable time, cycling 30 minutes a day. I went for an Indian with my boyfriend on Friday night. I had a chicken starter (not sure what it was but it was in a tomato based sauce) and then I had a king prawn dish in a sauce that was almost like a korma but not as thick. There were 4 large prawns in it and I didn't have much of the sauce at all and I had a naan bread and avoided the rice. I had all of my weeklies and 20 of my daily allowance left for it. I wasn't sure how to point it so I decided to just write off the rest of my daily allowance (I was really full afterwards) and all of my weeklies. I'm sure it wasn't that much but I'd rather over-estimate than under-estimate.

The only thing I'm really not getting to grips with is my water intake. This has always been an issue for me. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to make myself drink 2l of water a day. I always just forget :/ I'm going to start writing it down from tomorrow though and hopefully that will help.

All in all I'm feeling good and hoping for a loss on Tuesday evening. Fingers crossed.

That was exactly like me. I had regained all but about 5lbs of the two stone I had lost previously.

I'm heading for 2nd week WI on Wednesday... have had a wobble this weekend... but thank god for this thread I would have totally come off the wagon!!!!

As for the water... im TERRIBLE!!! I gave myself a kick by buying one of those squeezy bottles and for some unknown reason I find myself drinking more than i would if it were in glasses or in other bottles... Try some mi wadi in the water if you are struggling. I got that tip off one of the peeps on here and it really helped.

In other news I have updated my blog... jesus I am terrible at it... but hey! I will try and stick at it!!!!

http://alibx.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thats a good idea. I drink plenty of mi-wadi at home but when I'm in work I just never do it. I'll give the squeezy bottle a try.

I didn't feel like too much of a failure going back because I remember my leader saying she joined and gave up loads of times before she finally did it. What was really annoying though was waiting in line while two very slim girls were joining. One of them must have been about 2 pounds overweight. The other had to be given her money back as she was underweight! I don't understand what goes on in these people's heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

God, am after spending hours in the kitchen in order to prepare for the week ahead! I figure I have to go for 0 point food for my lunches or I just seem to end up over my points. So I made butternut squash and sweet potato soup & a fruit salad. Photos on my blog ;-)

Great prep - well done! Just wondering does this soup turn out very sweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Thanks every1 for the help with my butternut squash prob Lost 45 pounds or so got another 30 to go ... It is tough and a constant in my life let myself stray for awhile now firmly back on the wagon

Every1s posts r really helpful! And hearing all of ur stories r very inspiring Not going back to meetings as they weren't really motivating for me Goal date is May here's hoping!!

So going to try to use this as my motivator and save myself a tenner a wk!

• Advertisement

Back on the ww wagon with about a stone to lose after having my baby last September. Somehow managed to gain last week, but hope to be down tomorrow morning as had a good week food and exercise wise. usually weigh in Tuesday mornings, so hoping the short week doesnt throw me off!

Lots of motivation on this thread - we can do it ;)

Edited to add that I have upped my points to 29 this week from 26 to see how I get on, and have used all my weeklies

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Thats a good idea. I drink plenty of mi-wadi at home but when I'm in work I just never do it. I'll give the squeezy bottle a try.

I didn't feel like too much of a failure going back because I remember my leader saying she joined and gave up loads of times before she finally did it. What was really annoying though was waiting in line while two very slim girls were joining. One of them must have been about 2 pounds overweight. The other had to be given her money back as she was underweight! I don't understand what goes on in these people's heads.

This is my 4th time, and the first time that it's actually feeling right. My leader's motto is "There's no shame in falling down, the only shame would be to lie there." It's a nice motto for life really.

Ophelia - I am doing it myself at home too. Just an idea - why dont you put away the tenner a week, and once you hit your mini goals treat yourself to a top or a pair of jeans or a massage or pedicure. Nice reward to yourself! Best of luck getting to your goal, you have done brilliantly so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Chinafoot great to see you back here welcome :) and you have the right attitude! and you were right to take a break if you weren't in the zone.

Ophelia wow that's amazing well done! I'm also doing it myself at home, i've never been one for the meetings and the only person I've felt accountable to is myself. I second what Kaytee says put away the tenner a week that's what I do and when I hit a mini goal i treat myself to a non food related treat. Even if you only put away a fiver - every little helps!

33lbs gone 21lbs to go!

Best of luck for the week ahead ladies (and gents!)

PS Baileypants your fruit salad looks nom! Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Looking for some advice!

Lost 6 stone last year without WW

The weight is creeping back on, just under a stone, and I have been thinking I would like to try WW - I already eat a lot of the food and like it

I guess I feel a few rules and guidelines would help, and that the weigh ins would spur me on some more

My question is have any of you been in the same boat and if so how did you find the points system to start with?

Also, are there any guys at your meetings, and how do I find out about groups near me in Dublin?

I love getting everything prepared used to always do Sunday cooking when I lived alone.

Not sure if i took you up wrong here but Sweet Potato has points

Hi Lisa! There's 4pp in the 150g I used, but as I got 5 portions out of it I figure I'm good to go ;-)

KayTee wrote: »

Great prep - well done! Just wondering does this soup turn out very sweet?

Hi! Is is a bit sweet, but not very! I love it. You can add cumin or coriander for spice if you like :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Oh lads and lassies I really struggled last week, foound it sooo hard to regain my mojo since xmas!! I'm feelin soo unenergised and dare I say it lazy :( I know if I just got off my ass and got moving I'd be doing a whole lot better, but I'm just soo unmotivated. As soon as I hit post on this I'm going picking up the phone and bookin in 4 a spinning class tonight...something I put off and avoided 4TIMES last week!!!
    Food wise I'm eating really well @ work still, its when I go home, I juis lose all willpower even though my dinners are ok ish (portion control hasn't featured high on the list when filling my plate). Iv been reading all the posts here and listening to every1 is kinda giving me the kick I need!!! Here's hoping 4 a fresh rejunivated week *fingers crossed*

Looking for some advice!

The weight is creeping back on, just under a stone, and I have been thinking I would like to try WW - I already eat a lot of the food and like it

I guess I feel a few rules and guidelines would help, and that the weigh ins would spur me on some more

My question is have any of you been in the same boat and if so how did you find the points system to start with?

Also, are there any guys at your meetings, and how do I find out about groups near me in Dublin?

If you go onto their website you can select your area and whether you would like either men only or mixed classes. There are lots of men only classes popping up now. There is one starting in Clondalkin either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Well done on losing so much weight! that is some feat!!!!

The new pro points plan is definitely not as restrictive as you would imagine. I have tried WW so many times in the past and lost my mojo because of eating all the same foods constantly, this time around it feels so much better...

This thread is a godsend too. I am on my 2nd week (WI Wednesday) and I had a major wobble at the weekend and but for this thread I would have been lost.

Danii86 wrote: »
    Oh lads and lassies I really struggled last week, foound it sooo hard to regain my mojo since xmas!! I'm feelin soo unenergised and dare I say it lazy :( I know if I just got off my ass and got moving I'd be doing a whole lot better, but I'm just soo unmotivated. As soon as I hit post on this I'm going picking up the phone and bookin in 4 a spinning class tonight...something I put off and avoided 4TIMES last week!!!
    Food wise I'm eating really well @ work still, its when I go home, I juis lose all willpower even though my dinners are ok ish (portion control hasn't featured high on the list when filling my plate). Iv been reading all the posts here and listening to every1 is kinda giving me the kick I need!!! Here's hoping 4 a fresh rejunivated week *fingers crossed*

You know I'm only on my 2nd week, but I really need to get off my behind and get out and get moving too! I'm not perfect but am good enough on the food so far, but definitely need to get the finger out on the exercise and the water. You are certainly not alone on that one! ;)

• Advertisement

Looking for some advice!

You definitely won't believe the difference in your eating if you join a WW class. Because there is a plan to follow you are more inclined to not have that snack and to make healthier choices for dinner etc. I think it would help you shift those few pounds for sure. :D

Congratulations on loosing 6 stone too! That is truley amazing! I am looking to loose 3 stone. How did you do it may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Danii86 wrote: »

Hi Danii86! My portion control went out the window when I moved in with my boyfriend during the summer - he's 6 foot 5 and is active so he can pretty much eat what he whats and as much of it as he wants! So to help what I've done is bought a bowl and a smaller plate! It defo works and kinda tricks my brain into being full on lesser food! Just an idea - give it a go, it might help!

Thanks guys for ur comments!! It's really tough but hopefully together we an help

Btw Pilates and kettle bells are my biggest helps so far along with walking they're definitely helping

Think u r all right going to put my tenner a wk away and have Sth to look forward to

Can any1 recommend some fun classes??

Looking for some advice!

Sorry for double post men only classes in abbey st and there is always a few men in normal classes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Looking for some advice!

Don't worry about the men only meetings if they are not near you. You'll be treated very well in any meeting and at 80% of the time there'll be a few other men there.

Congrats on the six stone, that must of took allot of effort and sacrifice.

I go to the meeting in the IFSC on a Wednesday afternoon and there is 5 or 6 blokes in it now.

Hi folks...

Just wondering if anyone has an activity points calculator??? I am on Android and I can't seem to find one... just saves whipping out the book every time I do a run....

Can I ask the women in here if there are any under lying issues with men in their class losing weight ?

I just ask because of some sly remarks I’ve over heard in WW meetings in the past. It was nothing personnel just the likes of “ well of course he lost that much , he’s a man and it’s so much easier for them to lose loads of weight really fast “

Do you think it’s easier for men to follow the plan or to drop weight quicker and why do you think this is ?

I had my first weigh in last Wednesday and was down 5.5 lbs and was delighted with myself. The leader asked if anyone was happy with their weight loss and the women in front of me put her hand up, dropped 4.5 lbs and was chuffed. I was delighted for her as I was feeling the same way.

Then the leader asked if anyone else had losses that week and I didn’t dare mention mine as I thought this would have taken something away from the women in front of me.

Now I know it’s not a competition and we are all in the same boat here so honestly do women resent men in their meetings especially if they are putting up big losses each week ?

Thanks

I think most women in WW would realise that a man would find it slightly easier to lose the weight due to their higher metabolism. Generally speaking. Sure you only have to look at how many Pro Points a day a man gets over a woman. It's not something that a NORMAL woman would get herself in a twist over.

I really don't think its a man v woman thing though. I was at a class a few years ago and he girl I went with left the meeting early in a huff because I had lost 2lb and she had stayed the same 2 weeks in a row... (nothing of course to do with the fact that she could drink the liffey dry of budweiser :) )

Most people at class are so happy for you and are there to support you and to get support from you, so if you do well its a motivator for them.

If I lost 5.5lbs I would be shouting it from the rooftops.... :P

Hi Lisa! There's 4pp in the 150g I used, but as I got 5 portions out of it I figure I'm good to go ;-)

Your grand so, when i started I didn't point parsnips and never knew i should until i put a menu up here :)

Had a great weekend, Weigh in tomorrow and expect to be down again :) Getting treated to a cut colour and blow dry on Saturday for my birthday so will be very stylish in my size 12 dress and hair done can not wait!!

Here's to another good week everybody!! atm on my home scales I am just 1lb from the 25lb milestone excited.com

• Advertisement

ali85 wrote: »

I was, all week, need to follow it up with a good weigh in on wed now again, for anyone who has a smart phone can i suggest the free runkeeper app. Great for tracking all the exercise you do.

Also the couch to 5k programme is working very well for me. I’ve been so lazy the last few years.

I agree it's not a men v women thing, it's just the attitude of a tiny few members in the past got me thinking.

Do they do women only classes and would people here prefer if they kept men and women completely separate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I was, all week, need to follow it up with a good weigh in on wed now again, for anyone who has a smart phone can i suggest the free runkeeper app. Great for tracking all the exercise you do.

Also the couch to 5k programme is working very well for me. I’ve been so lazy the last few years.

I agree it's not a men v women thing, it's just the attitude of a tiny few members in the past got me thinking.

Do they do women only classes and would people here prefer if they kept men and women completely separate ?

I think you are right about it being the handful of people that have a bad attitude and are basically jealous of anyone who is doing well. Regardless of if it is 'easier' for men than women - its still a hard thing to do lose weight and keep it off either way and you should be proud of every single bit you lose.

I personally dont see the need for women only classes, the vast majority of members in classes seem to be women and I can see why some men would feel more comfortable in a class with just men or even if the ratio was more even. But as a woman if they did offer women only classes (not sure if they do) I wouldnt be bothered looking for them. I think everyone in a class regardless of them being men or women add something to the discussion so the way i see it the more diverse group of people the better

@ryaner - what do you care what other people think, this is your journey not theirs.

There'll always be cluckers in the world, we just have to not let the clucking bother us.

ShindyB wrote: »
    Hi Danii86! My portion control went out the window when I moved in with my boyfriend during the summer - he's 6 foot 5 and is active so he can pretty much eat what he whats and as much of it as he wants! So to help what I've done is bought a bowl and a smaller plate! It defo works and kinda tricks my brain into being full on lesser food! Just an idea - give it a go, it might help!

I do that! If I don't I don't feel as full! Funny how the mind works. Defo keeps me happier :p

Das Kitty wrote: »
    @ryaner - what do you care what other people think, this is your journey not theirs.

There'll always be cluckers in the world, we just have to not let the clucking bother us.

Cheers Kitty and they can cluck off as far as i'm concerned but I'd hate to think I was taking anything away from the women attenting the meeting by not going to a mans meeting and choosing to go to a mixed one instead.
    Best of luck everyone and bring on weigh in wednesday !

I think you are right about it being the handful of people that have a bad attitude and are basically jealous of anyone who is doing well. Regardless of if it is 'easier' for men than women - its still a hard thing to do lose weight and keep it off either way and you should be proud of every single bit you lose.

I personally dont see the need for women only classes, the vast majority of members in classes seem to be women and I can see why some men would feel more comfortable in a class with just men or even if the ratio was more even. But as a woman if they did offer women only classes (not sure if they do) I wouldnt be bothered looking for them. I think everyone in a class regardless of them being men or women add something to the discussion so the way i see it the more diverse group of people the better

As a woman I def would not go to an all women class either.. I would be driven mad. I like the diversity of conversation and tips between our large group. You often find that the men put in a lot more effort with their walks and have less nibbles than the women that resent them. I think men who desire to lose weight and go to ww are in the right mind set work hard and deserve the losses weather they be big or small. My first week i lost 5.5 and second week around the four and the leader asked would i tell the class and i did and some of the older women were given off about me. its like some people have their cliques at meetings and go there as a social outing rather to lose weight. i dunno this is a long rant but basically we get out of ww what we put in and all deserve a loss any loss if we work hard we might not always get the result but should never resent anyone elses

PHEWWWW... deep breath lols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'd be inclined to point that soup at at least 1pp per portion. There is the 4pp in the sweet potato and then the tbsp of oil you have used (think that works out at least 4pp again - well 2tsps is 3) and the stock (not sure if you have point free stock) and 1tbsp of dried herbs is 1pp too.

I'd always rather overpoint than under point and even if it was just 4pp for 5 servings I'd still take that as 1pp per serving just to be sure. For recipes I think you point everything as a whole and then divide the total by the number of servings rather than try topoint each ingredient divided by the total servings if that makes sense.

It looks like a great recipe, and even at 1pp each serving its still brilliant value!

I think most women in WW would realise that a man would find it slightly easier to lose the weight due to their higher metabolism. Generally speaking. Sure you only have to look at how many Pro Points a day a man gets over a woman. It's not something that a NORMAL woman would get herself in a twist over.

I really don't think its a man v woman thing though. I was at a class a few years ago and he girl I went with left the meeting early in a huff because I had lost 2lb and she had stayed the same 2 weeks in a row... (nothing of course to do with the fact that she could drink the liffey dry of budweiser :) )

Most people at class are so happy for you and are there to support you and to get support from you, so if you do well its a motivator for them.

Eh I certainly would be too! You should definitely not hold back your enthusiasm to boost others egos! It's their own problem if they're not happy with their own weight loss progress.

I'm using that couch to 5k, and as someone who could never run without nearly passing out! ;) I'm finding the pace good, slow and steady that's what I say! I still find my breathing is a bit feiced, but I will persevere! :D

I'd be inclined to point that soup at at least 1pp per portion. There is the 4pp in the sweet potato and then the tbsp of oil you have used (think that works out at least 4pp again - well 2tsps is 3) and the stock (not sure if you have point free stock) and 1tbsp of dried herbs is 1pp too.

I'd always rather overpoint than under point and even if it was just 4pp for 5 servings I'd still take that as 1pp per serving just to be sure. For recipes I think you point everything as a whole and then divide the total by the number of servings rather than try topoint each ingredient divided by the total servings if that makes sense.

It looks like a great recipe, and even at 1pp each serving its still brilliant value!

You know, when I was having it today, I thought just to be sure I'll point it as 2pp, because at least then there'll be no chance of me going over, and if it's less than that, well then I've saved that for the day.

Good input, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

How's things going today? Had a good day myself. Good with my points, have 2 left for a treat later - gonna have an Alpen light chocolate and fudge bar - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just sat down 2 a super filling dinner an iv a great tip to make your rice so really really far!!!! The dish is classically known as chicken basquese.....cook the rice in the oven with either a tin of chopped tomatoes or like i used tonight some passata.....you need approx 3/4 times the ammount of liquid to rice.....i measure out 60g of rice as being 1/3of a cup so used 1full cup of water per person..... fry off some onions and garlic (in spray oil obv!!) in a small roasting tin that you can put on the hob aawel as in the oven, add the rice along with some seasoning (i used salt pepper and a little dried herbs) and then add the liquid(tomatoes and water) bring to the boil then cover and bake it in the oven for 1 hour and the volume of rice you get is waaaaay more than of you just boiled it.....i couldnt even put all of it on my plate let alone eat it....sooo full right now!!! Had it with 6pp worth of pork steak that i popped on top of the rice as it was goin in the oven and loads of veg aswel!!! Riduculously filling dinner for 11pp( reckon i had only 5pp worth of rice)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

As for the water... im TERRIBLE!!! I gave myself a kick by buying one of those squeezy bottles and for some unknown reason I find myself drinking more than i would if it were in glasses or in other bottles... Try some mi wadi in the water if you are struggling. I got that tip off one of the peeps on here and it really helped.

Can not agree more with this. I lost my squeezy bottle and couldn't be bothered buying another one - with the result that I slipped back into drinking 3-4 cups of coffee a day and almost NO water for months. Bought a bottle of water there on Friday, and have been filling it constantly - when it's right in front of you you're more inclined to grab it. Lifesaver!
    Can I ask the women in here if there are any under lying issues with men in their class losing weight ?

I just ask because of some sly remarks I’ve over heard in WW meetings in the past. It was nothing personnel just the likes of “ well of course he lost that much , he’s a man and it’s so much easier for them to lose loads of weight really fast “

Do you think it’s easier for men to follow the plan or to drop weight quicker and why do you think this is ?

I had my first weigh in last Wednesday and was down 5.5 lbs and was delighted with myself. The leader asked if anyone was happy with their weight loss and the women in front of me put her hand up, dropped 4.5 lbs and was chuffed. I was delighted for her as I was feeling the same way.

Then the leader asked if anyone else had losses that week and I didn’t dare mention mine as I thought this would have taken something away from the women in front of me.

Now I know it’s not a competition and we are all in the same boat here so honestly do women resent men in their meetings especially if they are putting up big losses each week ?

Thanks

There are sometimes men in my group, and I have to say they're all lovely. I wouldn't put up with sly digs to be honest - I've actually spoken up at a meeting when someone was moaning - I don't pay a tenner a week to go in and listen to someone taking the shine off someone having a good week. Sorry if that sounds awful harsh, but I firmly believe that 99% of weight loss is in your head, and there's no need for negativity. Fair play to you for your excellent loss, well done you. I definitely don't resent having men in my class, I don't resent anyone who's doing well. Anyone who loses anything deserves a massive round of applause, a pat on the back, and if people have a problem with someone else achieving a little bit towards their goal, then that says a lot more about them than it does about anyone else.

Sorry for rant, I HATE begrudgers. I understand that everyone has a bad week or ten - lord knows I've had enough of them. But it certainly wouldn't make me feel bitter or resentful towards someone who does well.

On a lighter note, made a lovely cheese and broccoli quiche today WITH PASTRY!! For 6pp per quarter. Stuck it on my blog, miss-greeneyes.blogspot.com - if that's not allowed, mods please remove it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Togglies

Hi All,
    After being off WW for about 6 months Im back and have about 10lb to loose to be back to where I was happy. This thread is very motivating.
    I have a wee favour could someone please point the salmon fillets in the cool section in Aldi for me - Im getting 10 points on the points chart but i think this HAS to be wrong - maybe im not but i hope so........there is 125g grams per portion, 273 kcals, 33.3g protein, 0 carbs, 15.5g fat, 3.4g non sat fat and 0.1g of fibre........alot of fat but im hoping its lower than 10 ha....starvation till tomorrow!!
    much apprecited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Togglies wrote: »
    Hi All,
    After being off WW for about 6 months Im back and have about 10lb to loose to be back to where I was happy. This thread is very motivating.
    I have a wee favour could someone please point the salmon fillets in the cool section in Aldi for me - Im getting 10 points on the points chart but i think this HAS to be wrong - maybe im not but i hope so........there is 125g grams per portion, 273 kcals, 33.3g protein, 0 carbs, 15.5g fat, 3.4g non sat fat and 0.1g of fibre........alot of fat but im hoping its lower than 10 ha....starvation till tomorrow!!
    much apprecited

Hey! Best of luck with it. I'm getting 7pp for this on the calculator - I love Salmon, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Togglies

Hey! Best of luck with it. I'm getting 7pp for this on the calculator - I love Salmon, enjoy!

Ah thanks a million Shanna83 thats a bit better than 10 and i only had half - its very handy for omlettes etc:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Thanks

I know at our meeting there have been a few comments about how it's a man's world and it comes easier to them. But it is all meant in a light hearted manner, I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone any weight loss at all!

Just keep your head in the game, most people will be over the moon for you as you continue to lose weight and if they're not, that's their problem, not yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

ryaneer, ignore the comments! I moved class last year because some of the comments people were saying to me. I was younger than a lot the other ladies in the class and by some miracle got a stone one week and the next week silver 7(At the very beginning of my WW journey!), the comments they were saying about me was horrible(not all, just some!). I nearly gave up that night because it really upset me but just decided to change venue and keep the same leader. Looking back now I wish I had stayed in the original location and showed them that I was able to do it, I always wonder do they think I quit altogether! Keep up the good work, the losses are from your hard work and determination, not because of your gender!!:)

*Guilty Confession time*

I do no exercise. Sure I dance around the kitchen after the baby and walk around work but I don't do anything else. I really hate exercise. 22lb gone though *shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

newbee22 wrote: »
    ryaneer, ignore the comments! I moved class last year because some of the comments people were saying to me. I was younger than a lot the other ladies in the class and by some miracle got a stone one week and the next week silver 7(At the very beginning of my WW journey!), the comments they were saying about me was horrible(not all, just some!). I nearly gave up that night because it really upset me but just decided to change venue and keep the same leader. Looking back now I wish I had stayed in the original location and showed them that I was able to do it, I always wonder do they think I quit altogether! Keep up the good work, the losses are from your hard work and determination, not because of your gender!!:)

Take a visit to that old class LOL chances are it will prob be all new faces any way! Ive never come across that, I be happy to see some one do so well and feel motivated I think! not begrudge them!

ryaneer I'm fine with men in the class and never came across any negative comments at all! in any class I ever went to.

Well think I may have been holding on to a lot of fluid, just finished an hours work out and had to run to the toilet every five minutes for a pee break :D been drinking a lot of water as well! hope that sorts me out for Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'd love to, but in a different part of the country now! Some women can just be so cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hobnob lover

well here i am 2weeks into my 20 week programme and weigh in number 2 has me down 3lbs :D

thats me down 7lbs now with 33lbs to go... BRING.IT.:D!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement