Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *Guilty Confession time*

I do no exercise. Sure I dance around the kitchen after the baby and walk around work but I don't do anything else. I really hate exercise. 22lb gone though *shrugs*

My hero ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had the best workout in the gym ever tonight. Got through my new programe and did everything on it for the first time. I dont think I have ever drank so much water and sweat so much but I feel FANTASTIC! Am hoping I can keep up the motivation and do it all every time i go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Hey All,
    Well done on all the weightloss!!...And the motivational tips...
    Was disappointed over the weekend to be honest...I'm at it 2 weeks now and have only lost 1.5 lbs. I've been sticking to my Propoints and had done loads of exercise...
    But then I thought, I can either sulk and go off and eat a load of rubbish (which will do absolutely nothing to improve my health and figure)....or I can stick at it, and hope for better next week...

So did 90 mins of cycling today, and one point under on the Propoints....Felt really good doing the cycling too....

Onwards and downwards....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Having a good few days. I have been exercising on the wii fit (boxing, jogging, stepping) and food wise I have actually been having dailies left over... even though I am really filling myself....

WI on Wednesday evening, and I have earned over 20pp in activity points and only used 3 weeklies and drinking 2 litres of water a day.

one problem... it doesn't seem to be showing on the wii scales... im getting a little worried that it won't show on the WW scales come Wednesday but im just going to plug away tomorrow and Wednesday and see how i get on....

Anyone else have the same problem???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ali85 wrote: »
    Having a good few days. I have been exercising on the wii fit (boxing, jogging, stepping) and food wise I have actually been having dailies left over... even though I am really filling myself....

WI on Wednesday evening, and I have earned over 20pp in activity points and only used 3 weeklies and drinking 2 litres of water a day.

one problem... it doesn't seem to be showing on the wii scales... im getting a little worried that it won't show on the WW scales come Wednesday but im just going to plug away tomorrow and Wednesday and see how i get on....

Yeah, I have been good this week but my scales at home has me up 2-3 pounds :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will be very very disappointed if that's what happens at WI tomorrow morning, the only thing I can think is maybe I underate this week.

If I am up tomorrow I'm going to do simply filling for the week.

Up 3 pounds at WI this morning. So upset because I did a lot more exercise this week, wasn't too bad with the food either. My leader thinks it is fluid retention because I am in the middle of a cycle. I hope it is because I have had weeks way worse than this and I've lost weight.

So so upset was nearly crying in the meeting.

lizt wrote: »
    Up 3 pounds at WI this morning. So upset because I did a lot more exercise this week, wasn't too bad with the food either. My leader thinks it is fluid retention because I am in the middle of a cycle. I hope it is because I have had weeks way worse than this and I've lost weight.

Ah jesus.... don't be worrying... its a blip thats all, your hard work will be shown twice over next week!!!

I know that is easy for me to say... I think I will be in the same boat as you tomorrow... but you are doing so well so keep your chin up and keep working at what you are doing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Do not let this get to you! I was up 5lbs one week when I was a member a few years ago cause it was TOTM. The following week I was down 5.5lb - it's defo fluid. I can actually feel the fluid when it's TOTM, my mam and sister experience the same also.
    The scales will screw with your head sometimes, don't let it. Get that chin up and plough on for another week. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I know it is hard but just try your best to forget about it and move on. What I have learned on my weight loss journey is our bodies (especially women's bodies) work in mysterious ways and will only lose the weight when they want to. Also, our cycles really can mess things up for us. I have noticed that at any one week I could be up for no reason and it is not a specific time of my cycle either, it can be a week before, a week after etc. Just remember how healthy you are feeling now and how well you have done so far and that if you keep on trucking, your efforts will show on the scales :) If you are not doing it already, start taking your measurements and some weeks you will not see the result you want on the scales but you might have lost an inch :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    If you are not doing it already, start taking your measurements and some weeks you will not see the result you want on the scales but you might have lost an inch :)

Consider this idea robbed.com haha!

Like everyone else has said, don't let it get you down. There are any number of reasons why this could be showing on the scales and if you just stick with it and keep going with your tracking and exercising then your hard work will show with a loss soon!

Jeepers it very quiet on here today.... everyone must be out exercising before the dreaded WI's!!!!

Jeepers it very quiet on here today.... everyone must be out exercising before the dreaded WI's!!!!

I was thinking the same thing! I'm just stuck in work dreading my WI tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Awh I'm sorry to hear that Liz, I know it's so disheartening. I agree with the others to perhaps start taking your measurements. I've started that last week, be interesting to see if there's a change. And I swear my body is like that, I can get weird cramps a week before, a week after or watever. Sometimes there's no rhythm or rhyme to wat is going on in our bodies. So you know that you are doing the right thing in exercising and eating better. Just let that keep you going until it starts to show on the scales x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *Guilty Confession time*

I do no exercise. Sure I dance around the kitchen after the baby and walk around work but I don't do anything else. I really hate exercise. 22lb gone though *shrugs*

Ditto.. I went mad in the gym and walking for my first six weeks lol.. then got lazy 5 months later I am lucky if i play the kinect or wii once or twice a week and I am down 24lb I know I should exercise but I really don't need the extra points and I am gone plain lazy lol.. My current excuse is i like to go straight home after work because I do not like coming out of the gym in the dark.

Down 1.5lb this week. Had an attack of the munchies last night which I try to avoid the night before WI, had popcorn, tortillas and an ice cream.

Its my birthday on Sunday so my boyfriend is cooking me dinner and making me captain morgans super splits on Saturday night so there goes my weeklies this week. I moved from 29pp down to 26 and don't miss the extra points atall if anything with the exception of last night I am having one treat instead of two!

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing! I'm just stuck in work dreading my WI tonight!!

Im in here now thinking what exercising i need to do so as to be at least down SOMETHING for my WI tomorrow evening....

Really don't feel like I have lost anything. Have been doing well on food, and exercising at least 20 mins each day, some days more.... just hope something has moved this week.....

I pop in everyday at lunch time.. eat my food while been nosey is my guilty pleasure! :) Makes me keep my lunches healthy to would feel guilty scoffing chips and reading this lol

:D

Is it just me or does anyone else just feel heavier on WI day - no matter how good a week i've had I feel like i have a big rock sitting in my belly. I know it is totally psychological but all day today I just feel so heavy!

Heading to the gym to get a new programme done out with one of the instructors. If ye haven't heard from me by tomorrow I'm in the hospital!!:D

ShindyB wrote: »
    Heading to the gym to get a new programme done out with one of the instructors. If ye haven't heard from me by tomorrow I'm in the hospital!!:D

Good Luck! Come on and tell us how you get on and guilt me off my lazy bum!

Tonights Menu is Beef Chilli Wrap with cheese (nom nom nom) and BNS wedges while watching The Biggest Loser... 11pp

Back to work now laters x

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does anyone else just feel heavier on WI day - no matter how good a week i've had I feel like i have a big rock sitting in my belly. I know it is totally psychological but all day today I just feel so heavy!

I always feel heavier. l feel so bloated and like I have put on half a stone. I thought it was just me.... glad I'm not on my own Tiny Penguin!!

I know I have been good but I think this week might be stalemate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

WI tonight
    does anyone else do a spot of self sabotage on WI day? I went out for lunch and didn't bother with soup
    oh no, i went for steakburger and chips
    didn't eat the bun and only half the burger and half the chips
    but still...why?
    was good all week, had points left over, activity and weeklies but still went for it
    it perplexes me why i do it!
    hoping to be down tonight, we'll see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

WI tonight. Feeling a bit nervous because of the Indian but hoping it'll be ok.

I made leek and potato soup this afternoon and I'm dead impressed with myself! I'm not a good cook at all and I've done the no point veg soup before but its always really bland and I never want to eat it. This turned out really nice though. I added some creme fraiche to thicken it up and make it creamy and it worked out at 5 points for a large bowl. Its lovely and filling so I'm happy to spend that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Another 1lb down today! Woo! Happy with that, slowly but surely getting back to where I was! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

You could be under eating. If you've earned 20pp in activities and only eaten 3 weeklies then chances are your body isn't getting enough food. What you could do is eat your activity points rather than your weeklies. That way you can ensure you will get enough food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Down half a pound,a little loss but still a loss :-)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You could be under eating. If you've earned 20pp in activities and only eaten 3 weeklies then chances are your body isn't getting enough food. What you could do is eat your activity points rather than your weeklies. That way you can ensure you will get enough food.

Thats the thing though I am actually eating perfectly... Having at least 3 decent meals a day... and I NEVER ate breakfast. I even find in the evenings I am having a poached egg on toast or something like that just to use up the points.

It could be water too though... I have been drinking a lot of water the past few days which i don't really do normally....

oh well... I suppose I will know tomorrow.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Down 3 \o/

Very happy with that :)

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Down 3 \o/

Very happy with that :)

yaaaaaaaaaay thats brilliant!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Same happened me last Thursday, was so good and was still up even after all my exercise. Ill keep you posted on how I do this week. I either did not eat enough or fluid retention.

Keep at it though because it will show :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hi All,

Picked up the WW toffee & Vanilla yogarts tonight in Tesco for €1.12.
    Used the €1 voucher from the book we got at class last week so got them for 12cent.

I know the ww branded foods can be expensive so its great to pick them up at that price and they are yum for 1pp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Well done on all the losses guys!
    I used to always get a smaller loss/gain a few weeks before my TOTM too, it happens to lots of people?
    On an exercise related topic, do many of ye do spinning? I started it in October( I go to 3 or 4 classes a week) and have noticed that my thighs are getting quite chunky! Just wondering if it's related?! Going to book in for another assessment at my gym, haven't been weighed since the start of December, would love even a 1lb loss, but with my ever increasing thighs I don't know if that is asking for too much!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Hi everyone,
    I havent been on here in while and it's great coming back and reading about everyones progress. Im back on the wagon after a long time to undo all my previous good efforts but between this, the Biggest Loser and Operation Transformation I'm feeling super motivated-long may it last-fingers crossed;) just wondering if anyone can answer a 'calculator question'. My calculator is stuck on the pp and weight, height etc I put into it when I got it first but my hubby has decided to give ww a whirl but he wants to just do it at home,no meetings etc so I wanted to check his propoints allowance. It's stuck on my details so Iwas just wondering could anyone offer any ideas to clear my data..even would be handy for when my own points go down?

I STS - I know its not the worst thing that could happen but I am disappointed. My friday night was bad but I still counted my propoints I had 3 good days at the gym and 20 min walking 5 of the days too. Gonna keep the chin up and stick with it and hopefully ill be down next week!

Well done everyone with there losses!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words, I know I just have to stick with it and if the weight gain was due to fluid retention it will be gone next week.

Just really disheartening because I lost half a pound over christmas and a pound and a half last week but now I'm heavier than I was before Christmas :(

Really really hope it was just fluid retention, still can't make sense of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

marvilly wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I havent been on here in while and it's great coming back and reading about everyones progress. Im back on the wagon after a long time to undo all my previous good efforts but between this, the Biggest Loser and Operation Transformation I'm feeling super motivated-long may it last-fingers crossed;) just wondering if anyone can answer a 'calculator question'. My calculator is stuck on the pp and weight, height etc I put into it when I got it first but my hubby has decided to give ww a whirl but he wants to just do it at home,no meetings etc so I wanted to check his propoints allowance. It's stuck on my details so Iwas just wondering could anyone offer any ideas to clear my data..even would be handy for when my own points go down?

Snap same thing happened to me recently.
    We just took out the battery and left it for a minute & put it back in & it was clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

newbee22 wrote: »
    Well done on all the losses guys!
    I used to always get a smaller loss/gain a few weeks before my TOTM too, it happens to lots of people?
    On an exercise related topic, do many of ye do spinning? I started it in October( I go to 3 or 4 classes a week) and have noticed that my thighs are getting quite chunky! Just wondering if it's related?! Going to book in for another assessment at my gym, haven't been weighed since the start of December, would love even a 1lb loss, but with my ever increasing thighs I don't know if that is asking for too much!:rolleyes:

I LOVE spinning....its soooo gud 4 u!!! Muscle is heavier than fat so u may not lose as much however muscly toned thighs are way better than fat wobbly 1s!!!!

Finally got off my ass tonight, went to my 1st proper zumba class (I say proper cause the last 1 I did was a waste and I didn't even break a sweat) and I'm a super swaety betty after it!!! What a laugh!!! And I'm booked in for my 1st spinning class since last october (dam recession) tomorrow!! Cannot wait!!
    WI in the morning so think I'm just gonna have some fruit rather than waste points on a lil treat!!

just wondering if any of yas can help me out on this....

im really lookin for a snack and have butternut squash chips in the oven... totally free... but wondering, with these and with the fruit and yoghurt I have for breakfast etc show up as extra water tomorrow night at WI???

Not sure how it works.... Am feeling so bloated and not even TOTM.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Danii86 wrote: »
    I LOVE spinning....its soooo gud 4 u!!! Muscle is heavier than fat so u may not lose as much however muscly toned thighs are way better than fat wobbly 1s!!!!

Finally got off my ass tonight, went to my 1st proper zumba class (I say proper cause the last 1 I did was a waste and I didn't even break a sweat) and I'm a super swaety betty after it!!! What a laugh!!! And I'm booked in for my 1st spinning class since last october (dam recession) tomorrow!! Cannot wait!!
    WI in the morning so think I'm just gonna have some fruit rather than waste points on a lil treat!!

It's so addictive though isn't it! I love Zumba too, had that tonight, along with a toning class, xumba is a great workout because you're using all your body and it's so fun it doesn't feel like exercise:) Only problem for me after going to 2 classes in a night is the hunger is unreal when I get home!! Should really try to hold off having dinner until after the gym but I'd never survive! Enjoy your spinning tomorrow:) I'm already looking forward to my class!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Do NOT lose heart. Keep it up for this week, you're probably retaining water, it's happened me before - up 2.5 one week and down 4 the next. Don't worry, chin up, let it go, it's happened, you can't change it, and best of luck for next week x
    WI tonight
    does anyone else do a spot of self sabotage on WI day? I went out for lunch and didn't bother with soup
    oh no, i went for steakburger and chips
    didn't eat the bun and only half the burger and half the chips
    but still...why?
    was good all week, had points left over, activity and weeklies but still went for it
    it perplexes me why i do it!
    hoping to be down tonight, we'll see...

I'm the opposite - I think I drive myself into starvation mode on WI day. My huge sabotage night is Sunday nights - it's like I've a mental thing in my head telling me to get as much into me as I can before the new week, which is ridiculous, because I WI on Thursdays??!! Have to be strict this weekend! Hope you got on well at WI :)
    ladysaint wrote: »
    Snap same thing happened to me recently.
    We just took out the battery and left it for a minute & put it back in & it was clear.

There's a tiny reset hole on the underside of the calculator, stick a needle in it and it'll reset the data :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

thanks millions ladysaint and shanna 83:)

So I survived the new gym programme, giving it a proper go tomorrow for the first time. Never knew a cross trainer had a level 25!!!!! WTF?! I won't be able to feel my legs on Thursday but sure what the hell! Can tell that the programme will work the exact areas I want to tone.
    Bridesmaid for my sister in August so let the journey to toned arms and legs begin!!!
    Well done to everyone with your losses. WI at 10 am in the morning. Fingers and toes crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

newbee22 wrote: »

It's so addictive though isn't it! I love Zumba too, had that tonight, along with a toning class, xumba is a great workout because you're using all your body and it's so fun it doesn't feel like exercise:) Only problem for me after going to 2 classes in a night is the hunger is unreal when I get home!! Should really try to hold off having dinner until after the gym but I'd never survive! Enjoy your spinning tomorrow:) I'm already looking forward to my class!

Omg 2classes in 1night?!!!! Id never survive, no matter how fun zumba is!!!i must get back into some sort of toning class actually, did 1 4awhile before and definatly noticed the difference in my arms and calves. Thinking of maybe doing a bootcamp class? Any1 tried these?? Might wait a few weeks till i get my baseline fittness up a bit after a few weeks of spinning!!! Dont want a heartattack, and theres a good( so iv heard) outdoors 1 near me so slighlty warmer and brighter evenings would be nice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Same thing happened to me one week. I was up 3lbs, was devastated. Couldn't understand it.
    Then the following week I was down 4 with less effort.
    So shrug it off and carry on.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

ladysaint wrote: »
    Hi All,

Picked up the WW toffee & Vanilla yogarts tonight in Tesco for €1.12.
    Used the €1 voucher from the book we got at class last week so got them for 12cent.

I know the ww branded foods can be expensive so its great to pick them up at that price and they are yum for 1pp.

The WW frozen dinners are €1.50 in Dunnes at the mo so I stocked up last night.
    I don't think they are a great idea to depend on, but having a few in the freezer is handy for evenings that you don't have time to cook and point - especially when running out to the gym!

I quite like the shepherd's pie and bulk it up with lots of veg - corn on the cob and broccoli in particular - yum. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Weigh in tonight and hoping for a pound. 2 more lbs to no longer overweight then. Was getting dressed this morning and I just remembered how I felt this time last year. I never thought I would look like this ever again. Glad I was wrong!

Heading to weigh in shortly. I know what you mean Das Kitty. I'm already fitting into jeans a bit better and noticing the toning big time - off the scales victories are what keep me going! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JanBeau

My first WI on Monday. Had not cheated once and was expecting a good loss. To my dismay the loss was only 200g. My leader said I had done nothing wrong and it may show up next week but I was really disheartened. i asked I'd if I had eaten too much fruit but she said "you can never have too much fruit"' is this right? Hadn't had time to walk but surely this plan should work the first week without it. Has anyone else started off with a small loss which got better?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

JanBeau wrote: »
    My first WI on Monday. Had not cheated once and was expecting a good loss. To my dismay the loss was only 200g. My leader said I had done nothing wrong and it may show up next week but I was really disheartened. i asked I'd if I had eaten too much fruit but she said "you can never have too much fruit"' is this right? Hadn't had time to walk but surely this plan should work the first week without it. Has anyone else started off with a small loss which got better?

My first 3 weeks I only lost about 250g (half pound) in total. And I had been keeping with the programme religiously. Then on WI 4 I lost 3 lb, then a pound a week after that. It took a while for it to kick in with me. Don't lose heart, the loss will show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JanBeau

Thank you so much! I'll stick with it especially as I'm really enjoying it. Well done with your WL. Hope I'll do as well!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement